Cmdr. Leo Handley-Page: I’ve got the blues (TAG: Taybrim/Sheridan/Matthews/Pon/Pritzker/Gilaars)

Cmdr. Leo Handley-Page

May 1, 2015, 6:40:15 AM5/1/15
to Sb118 Ops
((Captain’s Ready Room; Starbase118))

:: Leo sat patiently, reading through his PADD for information about the
next meeting. He was enjoying meeting all the crew under these less
stressful circumstances, and he took great pleasure in presenting awards
and promotions to them. Next to Leo was the ever reliable Sal Taybrim.::

Taybrim: =/\= This is a courtesy reminder to Ensign Pon Pon, Lieutenants
Matthews, Sheridan and Gilaars. Meeting in the captain's ready room in
fifteen minutes. =/\=

:: Sal closed the comm link and approached Leo's desk with an unhappy
expression, offering over a black PADD. Leo knew what it meant, and took
it from the outstretched hand.::

Taybrim: Final casualty report, Sir.

Handley-Page: Thank you. What’s the damage?

Taybrim: ::sighing:: Twenty seven lost.

:: Leo bit on his lips with his teeth, but otherwise remained calm. That
had been a bad day indeed, and any lives lost were too many. Leo wanted
to know more about the Taree-Aidris demon, and how best to prevent such
a creature ever returning. Unfortunately their best lead, the Noguwip,
had gone before anyone had had chance to question them.::

Handley-Page: Alright, and what of the recovery of the rest?

Taybrim: Over four thousand were processed through the medical
facilities in a 96 hour period. ::He took in a short breath:: Our
medical staff was incredible. Our counseling staff has been working
tirelessly ever since.

Handley-Page: They are indeed heroes.

::Sal nodded, settling back as the door opened and the group gathered.
Leo nodded to welcome them.::

Taybrim: I wanted to welcome you all. I tried to push this meeting back
as far as possible to let all of your respective departments get as much
work - and rest - in as possible. But Starfleet has already defined out
next mission. ::Dark eyes glanced about the room:: We will be heading
into the Jenatris cloud.

Gilaars: Understood. I sensed the urgency in the call.

Pritzker: ::nods:: No worries. I’m well rested now.

Pon / Matthews: RESPONSES

Taybrim: The Jenatris cloud is a dangerous nearby region of space
containing many anomalies, ionic and plasma storms and various types of
radiation and interference - all compressed into one space. It is
similar to the badlands, and traveling through the area has a negative
effect on ship's systems. The radiation present can also cause
headaches, nausea and radiation poisoning at high levels.

Sheridan: Could we control those symptoms with medication?

Pon / Matthews: RESPONSES

Sheridan: So, has Starfleet Command sent through any details about what
they’re expecting us to find in the cloud?

:: Leo looked again at Sal, who had Sheridan’s attention.::

Taybrim: Well, I'll let the Captain answer why we're headed into such an
inhospitable place ::He offered a faint smile.:: But first, I believe
there are some announcements?

Handley-Page: oO Ah yes, the silver lining. Oo

:: Leo stood, and addressed the assembled group.::

Handley-Page: I wish to thank you all for your hard, brave and indeed
sterling work during this last mission. We faced a grave threat and you
all rose to the challenge and faced down the danger, often at great
personal peril.

Pon / Matthews / Sheridan / Gilaars / Pritzker / Anyone: RESPONSES

Handley-Page: Ensign Pon Pon, I haven’t had chance to formally welcome
you to the crew. After hearing of your tireless work in helping the
injured during the riot, I am so pleased to have you on my team and I am
very happy to award you a Captain’s Commendation for your efforts.
Congratulations!

:: Leo pinned the ribbon on the tiny officer.::

Pon: RESPONSE

Taybrim / Anyone: RESPONSES

:: Leo then continued.::

Handley-Page: Lieutenant JG Gilaars, please come forward.

Gilaars: RESPONSE

Handley-Page: For your work in helping to heal the injured, I am also
awarding you a Captain’s Commendation. Congratulations.

Gilaars: RESPONSE

Taybrim / Anyone: RESPONSES
:: Leo pinned the ribbon, and then let his focus fall upon Counselor
Vance Sheridan.::

Handley-Page: Mr Sheridan, please join me up here.

:: Leo was aware that Vance had effectively saved his sister Nia from
being sliced and diced by the Noguwip, and had been badly burned in the
process. Leo was very grateful to say the least.::

Sheridan: RESPONSE

Handley-Page: Lieutenant, for your brave and selfless efforts, I am
awarding the Captain’s Commendation, the Purple Heart and the Silver
Life Saving Ribbon.

:: Leo took all three ribbons from the small box on the table and pinned
them in succession to Vance’s tunic.::

Sheridan: RESPONSE

Handley-Page: Congratulations, and thank you.

Taybrim / Anyone: RESPONSES

Handley-Page: I owe all of you my thanks.

:: Leo let the chatter die down before his face turned serious again.::

Handley-Page: As Commander Taybrim said, we are going to be heading to
the Jentaris Cloud. I have a message from Starfleet you all need to see.

:: Leo pressed a button on his console, and the viewscreen changed from
the Starfleet symbol to show the face of a middle-aged man in Starfleet
red uniform shimmering into view.::

Admiral Sterrett: This is Admiral Sterrett to Commander Page of
Starbase118. Your reports about the recent terrorist attacks on your
installation have been digested by Intelligence, and we have concerns
there may be much more to this than a random attack from extremists. We
are re-activating the Black Tower Intel department on 118, and we desire
that you take the USS Albion to investigate the source of recent ion
disturbances in the Jenatris cloud. Good luck!

:: The video link closed and Leo turned back to his team mates.::

Handley-Page: So, now you know. We’re going on an adventure… we don’t
leave for three days. I want my crew well-rested before we embark on
this mission.

Taybrim / Anyone: RESPONSES

Handley-Page: Any questions?

Pon/Matthews/Sheridan/Gilaars/Pritzker/Anyone: RESPONSES

To Be Continued…

Commander Leo Handley-Page
Commanding Officer; Starbase118 Ops
wiki.starbase118.net/wiki/index.php?title=Handley-Page,_Leo
---
"Professional Daydreamer & Rural Spaceman"