Yari Zayd - Sharing is Caring (Tag: Falcon)

Aaron Canipe

May 15, 2016, 10:37:22 PM5/15/16
to sb11...@googlegroups.com

(( The Curious Bauble Back Room; Starbase 118 ))

Falcon: I AM glad for the help, don’t get me wrong, but I don’t want to burn you on this.  You okay with talking?

:: He was okay with talking, and he was aware that he might get burned. Such was life. The price of doing business. He could call it what he wanted, Ceine would insist that once again he was going out of his way for too small a gain. She was usually right, but something also needed to change. Looked to for a solution by many of the other mostly legit merchants in the Dungeon, he was confident that Kaitlyn was the perfect go between. She understood how things worked in this world, and she wasn’t the type to sit idly by or throw an ally to the Targs.::

Zayd: ::Shaking a hand:: No, this helps us both. Criminals without a code are dangerous. A time bomb waiting to erupt. I don’t want to be caught in the blast radius.

Falcon: Fair enough.  ::Takes a sip as she recollected her thoughts.::  Chennel’s the main name of the day, though we’ve had a couple other thorns in our side for a while.  ::Her eyes shut as she tried to recall the name.::  O-S…  Oma-Saan, that’s who it was.

Zayd: Oma-Saan is a talented business man, but his involvement with Chennel is making him reckless. ::He hesitated only briefly as his eyes glanced to the closed door and back.:: How much do you know about her past involvement with human trafficking?

::Kaitlyn shook her head, slightly tilting it in interest.::

Falcon: Nothing.  To be honest, this is my first time dealing with her.

Zayd: I won’t pretend I know a lot, but I can share what I have heard. My contacts are usually reliable.

Falcon: I’ll be happy with anything I can get about either of them.  Our end objective is toss them into the darkest cell in the brig we’ve got.

Zayd:  Three meals a day and a soft pillow right? ::Leaning forward with a teasing tone and a grin.:: Why, it’s downright civilized.

Falcon: ::Smirks.::  Well, Starfleet might have softened me a tad.  Still, it’s not that I think either of them would ever be made fit for ‘polite society’, but folks have managed to convince me that sometimes arresting criminal scum is a touch better than straight out killing them.

::She wasn't wrong. The flip side of that was that not everyone had the luxury of arresting their enemies. If some raider decided he was going to attack your vessel and have his way with your cargo hold, there was really only one answer. That answer was never a distress call and a prayer. If he survived to tell the tale? He sure wasn't going to buy you a drink the next time you bumped into each other at port.::

Zayd: You're not wrong about that, though an airlock is the only brig a lot of folks have. ::He shook his head:: I don’t have to tell you how things work out there. One thing you have to make sure though, is they don’t slip through your fingers. Chennel already escaped once.

Falcon: Response

Zayd: If I have learned one thing about criminals, it’s that they almost always go back to what their good at. She is no exception.

Falcon: Response

Zayd: I would wager right here on the station. Check your logs and I would imagine a lot of extra shipments are coming through Harkins Den. I don’t know if that’s exactly where these people would be held, but I would imagine a bit of clever scanning voodoo will point you right to them. ::He thought for a moment:: I would wager a lot of them came from Tilanna, the promise of a new start?

::What a sad place. He hoped he wouldn't have to any business there again anytime soon.::

Falcon: Response

Zayd: ::Nodding:: Oooh yeah. Find those people, you have every right to send your Green Machine down here and slam that operation shut. ::He looked to her with pleading eyes.:: Maybe just make sure their fearless Gorn leader doesn't see fit to crush any of my trinkets on the way through?

Falcon: Response

::Yari considered her for a moment as a realization dawned on him..::

Zayd: You know what? You would be perfect!

::With excitement in his eyes, he moved hastily to the other side of the room and began digging devices out of a cabinet.::

Falcon: Response

Zayd: Yes yes, here it is! ::He walked to stand directly in front of her and opened his hand, revealing a small silver ring with a flat blue stone. A big grin glued to his face.:: Try it on! Uh, carefully...

Falcon: Response

Zayd: Ah Kaitlyn, you are a beautiful young woman of course, but it’s nothing like that. ::He grinned:: This is my newest invention. A seemingly harmless and I daresay elegant ring. ::He snickered.:: It was also the reason for a good deal of bruising on my back.

Falcon: Response

Zayd: With the right amount of pressure to the ::Emphasized:: "Gemstone", it will release a focused sonic burst. With a well placed right hook this thing is not only going to send someone flying, it’s going to make a hell of a statement. Just don’t go crazy with it, your hearing will thank you.

Falcon: Response

Zayd: Well aside from most likely knocking them out, they will probably just puncture a drum, probably bleed out the ear a little. ::He shrugged.:: Nothing modern medicine can’t handle.

Falcon: Response

Zayd: Nonsense, this would make us square.  I just need someone to field test it. I thought if anyone could pull it off. ::His grin persisted, excitement showing at the thought of his 'toy' in action.:: Easily mobile, non-lethal, and super subtle ::He hesitated:: Er...Subtle until you use it...

Yari Zayd

Owner - The Curious Bauble

Starbase 118

As simmed by: