Lt. Cmdr. Flynn - Fowl rumors, for stellar officers (Existing briefing room)

Aaron Canipe

Oct 4, 2016, 11:06:06 PM10/4/16
to sb11...@googlegroups.com
(( Conference Room - USS Columbia ))

::Antero leaned against the wall as he listened to the discussion around the table. His memory kept drifting off to the moments before the battle had been joined against the Seinov. He kept running things over in his mind, struggling to come to terms with what more he could have done. He knew Sal was right, he had done everything he could, but there was no helping some negative feelings at being blamed for the deaths of so many.::

Taybrim: Meaning he will lie... or more likely twist the truth to his own ends.  ::stands, takes in a deep breath, takes a PADD from the table:: Just so you are all aware, I'm going to air the rumors from Raskor. I know that not a single one of these is true, but it will prepare you for what you're going to face once we get there.  ::sighs::  From the rumor mill on Raskor apparently Lieutenant Taelon is an 'unscrupulous child, unable to confidently wield the knowledge he has at his disposal.'  Major Tatash is a 'bloodthirsty monster who would rather die than lose a battle' and Lieutenant Trel'lis is a 'vicious instigator more suited to a gladiatorial arena than a diplomatic one'

::The Risian crossed his arms as he listened to the horrible things that were being said about his fellow crew. Each filling him with just a little more hatred toward kinney. It took a lot to be hated by a Risian, but he was pulling it off. He had worked with Taelon more than once, and each time he had impressed. The man had a sort of quiet brilliance. The next comment proved even more that they were lies only dreamed up based on pre-concieved stereotypes. Tatash was a soldier at heart, but to say that he was bloodthirsty was so terribly far from the truth. He would certainly give his life to save the crew, Antero was certain. Similarly, he had no doubt he could also walk away from battle if that was what it took to save lives. Trel'lis? A vicious instigator? He could only shake his head. The woman was equal parts grace and precision. Perhaps one of the most adaptable Officer he had ever had the pleasure of working with.::

Taybrim: ::chews on lower lip:: Yes, there is more.  Doctor Ezo, according to the Raskor rumor mill, is an incompetent surgeon who uses fiery bluster to cover up her lack of medical skills; Commander Kelly is an inept tactician who unable to protect himself let alone friends and crewmates and Lieutenant Beyett is an under-trained junior officer with no place on a starship bridge.

::Antero actually smiled at that. She had saved lives under fire so many times her skill could not possibly be questioned.::

Flynn: oO I would like to see him say that to her face. Oo

Ezo: ::raised eyebrow:: Well, I can't fault that assessment.

Taybrim: ::nods a slow assent:: Lastly, according to Raskor Mr. Flynn is a ham-handed party boy, an improper replacement for Commander Falcon.  Commander Whittaker is a hyperactive child, unable to withstand the rigors of command and, well, I guess I'm a rebellious ringleader who is unable to accept the orders of Starfleet command.

::To send a man to his death and then question his willingness to follow orders when he came out alive? That was some nerve. As for Whittaker, he had fought along side the man more than once. The man not only had leadership in spades, but passionate courage under fire. As for the flyboy, he wasn't sure how being a party boy was really a flaw...and what did being ham-handed even mean?::

::As Theo vocalized his own reaction to the absurd rumors, Antero could only smile in agreement.::

Whittaker: My apologies.

Flynn: Bold accusations..

Taybrim: So there you have it.  ::looks to the newest members of the crew:: I don't know if you should count yourselves as lucky or unlucky that you are new enough on the ship to have escaped Kinney's personal attentions.

Aitas: If he doesn't consider me worth the effort it makes my job easier, sir.

Kasun:  I doubt it’s a matter of luck sir; more that he just hasn’t felt the need yet. :: his expression dark:: I would put money on it that when we show up on Raskor rumors will begin flying about us. He’ll want to use all the ammo he can against us.

Phrik/T'Sai/Antraydin: Response?

Taybrim: ::turns toward the crew:: My instincts say that Kinney is a bully - a smart bully, but a bully nonetheless.  And he won't stop manipulating us until we get into his face and make him stop.  ::draws in a deep breath:: However I also agree that having someone above Kinney present on Raskor will greatly help our case. I will be making a plea to Admiral Hauke to join us. Meanwhile - I want everyone who is coming to Raskor to prepare both your evidence and yourselves.  We will launch in three days’ time.

Trel’lis: I will do my part, Captain.

Ezo: I am absolutely providing any and all evidence in my power to finally drown this little rat...

Taelon: Sir - ::looks up at Taybrim, the color still drained from his face:: F-for those of us who..don’t really have evidence, I guess...should we still go? I mean - what if we just, just end up proving the rumors right?

Ezo: ::quietly:: We have nothing to worry about with you Mr. Taelon...

Taybrim: Response?

Taelon: You probably should be worried about that, sirs. ::takes a deep breath, speaks in a dark, defeated tone:: Perception is everything in politics, and from what you’ve said, this is going to be a political battle. Taking too many of us, taking too few, taking the wrong staff...anything that can be used against you will be.

Taybrim/Any:  Response?

Taelon: ::takes a loud, shuddering breath:: No, it's just - I’m...very proud to be a member of this crew, sir. I want to help. But if in this case, if that means remaining behind...I'd rather do that than jeopardize your chances.

Ezo: You are one of us. We don't leave anyone behind. We stand together,

Taybrim: Response?

Kasun: Given that it was your plan I think it would be best for you to be there. ::glances over at Taybrim and Whittaker for confirmation:: I think it would honestly look worse if you weren’t there.

Trel’lis: I agree, from a “PR” standpoint. It’s best we *all* show up.

Taelon: Response?

Aitas: We've a little time still, perhaps it'd be best to see what we come up with before making a decision on such?

Trel’lis: A valid point, Lieutenant. I still need to comb through a lot of unseen files.

Taybrim: Response?

::A seemed a plan was forming, one he was confident would land Kinney a due consequence. At least he hoped so, as there were a lot of reputations on the line. If he had anything to say about it, the careers of his fellow crew had many more years, and many more adventures. They had survived worse than a pampered commodore.::

Lt Commander Antero Flynn
Chief Helm Officer
Starbase 118 Ops / USS Columbia
C239205AF0