Lt. JG Tiria Hamasaki - Not really in the mood..

Koihime Nakamura

Jun 4, 2019, 4:10:24 AM6/4/19
to USS Montreal IC
(( Temporary Junior Questions, Caitian Spacedock ))

:: Tiria looked at the mirror, considering. The last two weeks were ... interesting. The Hamasaki family had a shortlived, and noisy reunion at Esperance. Given the travel times involved, they had all had to leave the second they heard the news... ::

::  Tiria scowled at herself. She had thought about wearing dress whites, but went with a formal qi pao in red- the style that she preferred was the same that her grandmother had preferred, one from earlier than 20th century Earth. Tiria had never qutie understood why a family from Japan traditionally wore qi pao instead of kimonos, and no one had wanted to explain it to her. ::

oO Families. Oo

:: Of course, it also held true that the more you didn't want to think about a topic, the more it would stay in your mind. Tiria's parents had all but disowned her after telling her that she shouldn't have let herself get as injured as she had working for Starfleet , and several of their comments ..::

oO I know they care, but they pick a terrible way of expressing it.. Oo :: On the flip side, Frelia had just been glad her little sister was fine. And happy that she was out of the Shoals. Had congratulated her on getting such a deep-space assignment away from the Federation. And, went drinking with her one night before Frelia left the Shoals as well, although she was headed towards the Trinity Sector on a job::

oO One day, I'll have to learn how she knows these things. Oo :: Tiria knew she was tarrying a bit, and took a deep breath, and set off for the lounge.. ::

oO I really don't want to go. But it'd be rude not to attend Oo

(( “The Den” Lounge, Caitian Spacedock ))

:: By the time Tira entered, there was a quite a party going on. She recognized the crew of the Montreal, of course, but not the Veritas crew, as was also expected. She had joined the Montreal after the split, although she knew a lot of the crew had followed from the Veritas to the Montreal.. ::

oO Am I the only one who didn't opt to wear dress whites? Oo :: Tiria ... was a little disturbed by that. There was also the visual incongruity of a Japanese woman - black hair, short, green eyes - wearing a traditional Chinese dress, as well. Still.. she should head to the bar, first. She needed to talk to a few people, but she should at least let them have fun first. It was the neighborly thing to do.::

Xerix: How do you do? Ghant Xerix, Helmsman of the Veritas

Hamasaki: Tiria Hamasaki ::Tiria shook his hand:: Helmswoman of the.. ::Tiria smiles a bit.:: Well, Montreal. Probably Astraeus.

:: Tiria's voice held all of the markers of her origin at Havley's Hope - one of the arguments she had with her parents was that her masking her accent with the Federation Standard langauge, especially now that she wasn't in a position where she had to do frequent interviews with witnesses, was that she was ashamed of where she was born. ::

oO I'm not, but there are certainly times I'm ashamed of how we act about it .Oo :: Tiria was still affected, and honestly, she didn't mind not having to hide the accent. It's not like other Starfleet officers SHOULD care...right? ::

Xerix: ::With a grin:: Ah, a fellow driver. Tell me, how do you feel about the new posting? A galaxy class is very prestigious, but she certainly won’t have the maneuverability of your old ship

Hamasaki: I don't mind that if it means it'll be more responsive to helm commands and not constantly under maintenance. The Montreal was a bit sluggish, and that was largely because it was constantly overdue for a refit..

:: Tiria was about to continue when she saw that he was going for an appetizer, and then.... well, she saw Ghant do the thing she wouldn't recommend. See, the fun thing about the amuse boches at Starfleet mixers like this is that there was always a few that were for non humanoid species, and he had picked a Phylosian Spikefish Spice. Salt, some seafood that had been left to age, and a spice that made all but the strongest humanoids's mouth water. She had it on good authority that other plant based species loved it, which is why it was served. No doubt, it was used as an example in some xenobiology and culinary schools to the danger of assumptions. ::

Xerix: ::With a mouth full of food:: Scuse me a mommt.

::Tiria hid her laughter. Reminded her of something she saw back on Rodara VI, during a get together between her team and the local constabulary. ::

Xerix ::to the bartender:: Double shot of gin and as many lemons as you have, please

Hamasaki: Sorry I didn't warn you in time. Phylosian food.. is quite interesting, and not something I'd recommend to most humanoid species. The red ones were Andorian, if you want to try them when they come back around. Can I get Andorian firewine?

Xerix: Response

Hamasaki: Ah... well, I was going to continue that I'm looking forward to it. It's bound to be interesting. Also, I finally get to leave the Shoals.. again.. ::taking the glass:: Thank you!

Xerix: Response

Hamasaki: Ah.. I joined Federation Security, then Starfleet to leave the Shoals and see the galaxy. ::wryly:: You can understand why my first posting was so ironic to me. ::Tiria is clearly looking for something:: Ah, excuse me a second. I see my first officer, and I should probably report something to her.

Galven: Actually, I think I might have to steal the lady for a dance.

Rosek / Teller: Responses

Galven: Don’t worry, Geoff. I’ll dance with you next. ::winks::

:: Tiria was so glad they had finally announced the obvious about their relationship. ::

oO Beats them trying to be subtle.. Oo ::To be fair, Tiria thought they were subtle, but any trained observer wasn't fooled. ::

Teller: Response

Hamasaki: Hello. :: Tiria rose her glass in salute.:: I'm Tiria Hamasaki, chief helm officer on the Astraeus. :: She turned back to Rosek:: If I have a .. suspicion about something back in the Shoals, should I report it to you, or go ahead and report it to Captain Rahman while I'm here?

Rosek/Teller/Galven: Response

:: Tiria shook her head. She wasn't sure she could articulate it well enough for a formal report..::

Hamasaki: Something my parents said. How they acted. Aside from the entire threatening to disown me if I didn't quit thing. ::That had been yelled loud enough Tiria was damn sure half of the promenade heard it.  Worst yet, Tiria wasn't sure how much of that was heat of the moment, or actual intent..::

Rosek/Teller/Galven: Response

TAG/TBC

Lt. JG Tiria Hamasaki
Chief Helmswoman/Operations