Lieutenant Carter Greyson & Lieutenant Anjar Thoran: I Didn't Come Here For This Part III

Chythar Skyfire

Mar 12, 2019, 8:49:44 PM3/12/19
to IC Montreal
((Thoran’s Quarters, USS Montreal))
{{Time Index: 2016 hours}}

::Anjar’s hand shook slightly as he poured the bourbon, one glass each for him and Carter. This was ridiculous. What was he thinking? It was true he’d always had a unique friendship with Carter and his lustful tendencies seemed to have no bounds. But he still couldn’t quite fathom why he was acting on a thought that had only occurred to him a scant half hour ago. He grimaced. Well, it wasn’t like he’d never considered it. Though he’d always ended up pushing it to the back of his mind. He offered Carter one of the glasses before taking a long swig of his own.::

:: The young engineer watched the chief with a curious expression, noting the trembling hand but paying it no mind at first. There had to be a reason, but he wasn’t a medical professional and wouldn’t trust his guesses. Once he was offered a glass, he took it and had a small swig before setting it down on the table in front of him. ::

Greyson: What’s up, Anjar?

Thoran: ::sighs and runs his free hand through his hair murmuring:: I must be losing my mind.

Greyson: I highly doubt that, pal. Otherwise you’d be in Dr. Cattan’s office right now.

Thoran: ::grins wryly:: There’s a thought. Wonder what the good doctor would say if she heard what I was thinking right now.

Greyson: So what is it you’re thinking, then?

::Anjar sat the glass down and looked in Carter’s direction for a long moment, clearly torn between action and inaction. As much as he wanted to, he was afraid of what would happen if he did. It would change his relationship with Carter and would change his whole perception of himself as a person. That was a hell of a lot of change to absorb on a moment’s notice. He’d never know what possessed him, but in the blink of an eye, he’d crossed the room, cradling the other man’s face in his hands before slanting his mouth over Carter’s.::

:: The young engineer watched Anjar for a long moment and had a sip of his drink, not entirely sure what was about to happen. He only had time to set the drink down before being taken by surprise into a kiss. Part of him suspected it was the bourbon, but the hunch was that the chief was confused about what he truly wanted. He allowed it to play out, to finish the kiss so as he could inquire. ::

::Anjar pulled back from the kiss, one hand dropping to his side. When Carter didn’t pull back, Anjar rested his forehead against Carter’s, his eyes closed as he felt the warmth of the other man’s breath tickling his lips. It was so tempting to kiss him again. It had been the strangest feeling, the lips beneath his firm and dry compared to the softness he was used to when he kissed a woman.::

Thoran: ::murmurs:: For the record, I’m not crazy because it’s you. I’m crazy because every time I react to an impulse, it doesn’t end well.

:: The admission surprised him for two reasons. Firstly, because Anjar was known for his impulsiveness, as he’d observed. Secondly, because Anjar had always been a difficult man to predict. What this meant, as far as his career, was unknown. If he engaged in anything that was less than professional, there was a chance that it could kill their careers. However, given how his last romance ended, he was pretty bad at dating advice in general. This time, he was in need of advice, as to whether he should go for it or not. Yet, his wingman, Chythar, was not staring over his shoulder. ::

Greyson: oO Probably just as well. Oo :: He paused for a moment, closing his eyes as he considered the action. :: Are you confused because you want me, or is this merely an impulsive reaction that you don’t understand?

Thoran: ::breathes:: Both. I--I’ve never had an interest in--But in the lounge earlier--

Greyson: Why don’t we take it from the beginning, hm? Have another sip of your drink and form your thoughts. I’m not going anywhere.

::Anjar jerked back as though burned and ran both hands desperately through his hair, trying to calm his breathing.::

Thoran: S^!@, Carter. I’m sorry. I don’t know what the hell I was thinking. I--

Greyson: Just relax, buddy. Take a few deep breaths and try to tell me.

Thoran: ::gaze snaps to Carter and he rasps:: How in the hell can you be so calm about this?

:: Carter didn’t know how best to answer. He’d been burned before, yes; and he’d dated a telepath. On the one hand, he wanted to get involved with someone again, but on the other hand, he was never going to know the answer to whether he was doomed to bachelorhood if he didn’t put himself out there. This time, he was calm and rational whereas last time he may’ve been a bit impulsive. ::

Greyson: I honestly do not know, but I would like to try and understand what’s going through that head of yours.

Thoran: ::sighs:: I wish I had an answer for you, Carter, but I don’t. I do know that I’m scared out of my mind to let anything happen because I can’t stand the thought of losing your friendship to my impulsive stupidity. But at the same time, you’ve seen parts of me that I don’t let anyone else see and I trust you more than I’ve ever trusted anyone.

:: Again, Carter was surprised by the admission. He didn’t know how best to describe what was going through his own head, but did feel something he couldn’t quite explain toward Anjar. It was a different sort of crush than what he felt for CD, but maybe it was that same weird warmth. Even in the heat of the moment with that kiss, it felt right somehow. He had another sip of the bourbon and set it down, glancing again to Anjar. ::

Greyson: Thanks for the compliment… :: He paused and took a breath. :: When we kissed just now...I can’t quite explain it, but it felt...almost natural.

Thoran: ::laughs humorlessly:: Yeah. I--It was disconcerting because I’ve never kissed a man...but I’m not adverse to doing it again. Maybe that’s a bit of what’s bothering me.

Greyson: So you don’t know if this attraction to me is impulsiveness caused by the drink or a genuine thing, right?

Thoran: ::huffs:: It’s not the alcohol. I needed that to calm down and focus.

:: The younger engineer nodded slightly and ran a hand through his hair. ::

Greyson: I’ve had a misplaced crush on Chythar before, an the last person I dated was an even stronger telepath than you.

::Anjar tensed, feeling the anxiety return along with a burst of anger that had him practically seeing red. The thought of Carter with someone else--anyone else--twisted his insides and gnawed at him. He surged forward, again grabbing Carter’s face in his hands, his mouth finding the other man’s in a rough, heated kiss. This time, he didn’t stop until the lack of oxygen had him on the verge of passing out.::

Thoran: ::breathes heavily:: I don’t like that. It sounds arrogant and stupid. But I don’t like the thought of you with anyone else.

:: The heated kiss caught Carter off-guard, but he maintained it for the duration. His muscles tensed just slightly, but once the kiss broke, he took a breath. ::

Greyson: It may sound stupid, but I just wanted you to know about it… She broke up with me in the end. For my own good, she said. :: He paused for a moment. :: It was nice while it lasted...but...

Thoran: ::breathes heavily:: Carter?

Greyson: Yeah?

Thoran: ::murmurs:: Shut up.

::Before Carter could respond, Anjar was kissing him again. For how strange that first kiss had been, kissing Carter was rapidly becoming addicting. There was something to the way the other man surrendered that was making Anjar crazy. A soft, breathy sound escaped his lips as he pulled Carter closer, his hands finding the other man’s waist, all the while staying alert for any signs that Carter wanted to stop.::

:: The nervousness and anxiety caused by discussing his past relationships seemed to fade away with the kiss. His body tensed for only a moment, but he didn’t stop Anjar. The tension melted away just as quickly as it had appeared, as though it had appeared. ::

(( Fade to black ))

---

PNPC Lieutenant Anjar Thoran
Acting Chief Engineer