Lieutenant Carter Greyson: As You Wish, Sir

Chythar Skyfire

Nov 4, 2018, 8:13:20 PM11/4/18
to IC Montreal
((Main Engineering, Deck 4, USS Montreal))

:: Carter glanced at the PADD presented to him by the new chief. Maybe it was his imagination, but the second full pip on his collar felt a bit heavier than it had previously. As he stared at the list of repairs, he was so wrapped in thought that he almost missed Thoran’s words about considering promoting him to acting assistant chief. Then, the blast doors opened with Lt Commander Rosek and two ensigns in tow. ::

Rosek: How are we looking, Lieutenants?

:: Greyson arched a brow silently as he caught sight of his boss tensing up at her appearance. However, despite that tension there seemed to be a soft hint of a smile flashed toward the commander. ::

Thoran: We’re making good progress. I’m confident that we’ll have her underway in no time.

Greyson: With all the double shifts and a steady supply of coffee from Dr. Skyfire, we should be ready very soon.

Anara/Harkrow: Responses

Thoran: ::pats Carter on the shoulder:: I was just about to offer Lieutenant Greyson here the position as acting assistant chief.

Greyson: :: chuckling slightly. :: Didn’t I accept already? I guess I didn’t. Well, then...I accept.

Rosek: ::grins:: Congratulations, Mr. Greyson.

Greyson: Thank you, commander.

Anara / Harkrow: Response

Thoran: ::smirks:: Gotta have someone I trust down here helping me run the show.

:: Carter fought the impulse to roll his eyes. Out of the two of them, he and Commander Core were the only two who didn’t panic when the away team went missing in an alleged transporter accident. He didn’t know if Anjar was being genuine with his praise or poking fun at an old rival for the position, and he did recall that there was some tension between Lael and Anjar in more ways than one. ::

Rosek: Lieutenant, these two fine officers are Ensign Anara-- ::indicates the woman:: and Ensign Harkrow ::indicates the man::

:: Anjar smiled at the gold-collared ensigns, reaching out his hand to greet the new arrivals. Carter suspected that perhaps due to the awkwardness from the last mission it was an arms-length type situation. Still, it wasn’t his place to judge.  ::

Thoran: Good to meet you.

Anara / Harkrow: Response

Greyson: A pleasure indeed, ensigns. Did you specialize in any particular field of engineering at the academy?

Anara / Harkrow: Response

:: As he listened, Carter was intrigued. Getting through engineering was no easy feat, but then again, neither was tactical. The life of a Starfleet officer was filled with challenge. Otherwise it wouldn't be any fun. Now, standing before him were two ensigns, fresh out of the academy who had been engineers from what he suspected was their first day at the academy. He didn't discover his talent for it until much later. ::

Greyson: Very nice. I was more on programming and components, myself. :: turning to Thoran :: Shall I give the tour, or would you care for the honors?

Thoran / Anara / Harkrow: Response

Greyson: As you wish, sir.

Thoran / Anara / Harkrow: Response

===