Dr. Chythar Skyfire: Part of the Process

Chythar Skyfire

Jan 6, 2019, 10:08:37 PM1/6/19
to IC Montreal

OOC: Takes place the morning after the party but before Skyfire & Harkrow's meetup.

(( Sickbay, USS Montreal ))

:: Chythar had gotten up early, taken Devlin for his walk and reported to sickbay. He wasn't scheduled to be here until later today, but had promised to himself he'd get Hamasaki's medical evaluation seen to after the party. So, now that it was indeed after the party, and he hated keeping people waiting for their clearances, he decided he'd make good on that promise to get it squared away before he met with Harkrow and possibly Rosek as well. ::

:: As the doors parted, Hamasaki stepped through them and made her way over to the console where he was standing. ::

Skyfire: Hello, ensign. Good to see you again. Here for the medical check-up, I presume?

Hamasaki: Correct.

:: As she took a seat and the doctor opened up her file, the words Havley's Hope flashed upon the screen for a moment. His brow furrowed slightly as he retrieved the tricorder. ::

Skyfire: So, according to your records, you're from Havley's Hope. I didn't see very much of it when I was there last.oO As a prisoner... Oo What's it like?

Hamasaki: Stormy, but that grows to be soothing. Remote, but it promotes a large degree of self-sufficiency. I suppose a lot of it for me was growing up with friends.

Skyfire: For me, it means I run an extra radiation screening, but it should be fairly simple.

Hamasaki: Makes sense.

:: He checked one or two more things in her file to get a baseline before beginning the tricorder scan, also using a text command to combine the additional radiation screening into the readouts that he was receiving. ::

Skyfire: Have there been any changes in your medications, diet or sleep schedule that might adversely affect the baseline readings?

Hamasaki: Not since my last scan in second year.

:: That seemed a bit long to go without medical check-ins, but then again, every ship was different. Even in the academy, things were different. He was one of those people who believed physicals should happen often, and was gradually getting over his dislike of counselors despite how often he went through them. He began his scan as he continued talking to her.  ::

Skyfire: So according to this, your last readings appear to be from Federation Security, if I’m reading this correctly. Can you tell me a bit more about that?

Hamasaki: Standard follow up protocol from Federation Security. Mandatory checkups after an officer involved fatality, especially after the siege we were in, and counselor visits. ::She gives a moue of distaste, considering.:: I'd rather not, though. I get the logic of the regulation, but... there's not much to be served by dredging it up. At some point you settle it out.

Skyfire: I understand the dislike, but introductory sessions with the counselor are part of the onboarding process. Chances are you’ll have a cup of whatever drink you fancy, she’ll ask a few questions to get to know you a bit, then you’ll be done.

Hamasaki: Response

Skyfire: Well, it seems that everything checks out medically. Would you like me to book the appointment with Dr. Cattan for you?

Hamasaki: Response

===
Lieutenant Commander Chythar Skyfire, MD
Chief Medical Officer
USS Montreal NCC-64927
O239002CS0