[I-FL] CoS. Alora DeVeau - "Three's Company" (Farquan, Saveron)

Amanda Nordstrom

Jun 27, 2015, 10:01:39 PM6/27/15
to sb118-...@googlegroups.com
((Forward Lounge, USS Invicta))

::Among those who were familiarizing themselves with the ship, Alora
could be found. She paced the corridors in order to memorise the
directions to various parts of the ship. Although she was certain other
members of her crew were doing the same, the most familiar faces
remained elusive and she found herself on a solo tour save for when
Fleet Captain Egan Manno had come across her in the Plant Sciences Lab.::

::The lounge was on her list, as she was certain it was for most if not
all the crew members. Fortunately, her arrival was met with a familiar
and pleasant tune, but it was the one who perched upon the bench, his
slender, supple fingers dancing over the keys that took her by surprise
- an emotion coupled with pleasure. Another had joined him and as she
approached, she could not help but overhear their words.::

Farquan: My dear Vulcan, what delicate fingers you have! Is that not a
human instrument you’re playing?

::The man’s address was informal enough to make Alora wonder if the two
were at least passing acquaintances. As she drew closer, she slowed
down, wondering if, perhaps, she should refrain from interrupting the
conversation.::

Saveron: Affirmative. ::He allowed.:: It is a Bösendorfer Concert Grand
Piano, modelled on an original built in Terran Year 1823.

Farquan: And you’ve mastered it. Then again, I’ve yet to meet a Vulcan
who didn’t master at least, oh…seven and a half disciplines. Any less
would be illogical, yes?

:: The man laughed at his own joke, but Saveron’s response was as cool
as ever. What else was new? He was a Vulcan.::

Saveron: I am unaware of a statistical average, however you are correct.
There is little logic in learning a skill to rudimentary levels only.
::He paused briefly.:: I do not believe that we have been introduced.

::Ah, so not even acquaintances - at least, until know. At that, Alora
smiled. Either way, she had the opportunity to meet someone new, as the
man was completely unfamiliar to her as well.:

Farquan: Oh, of course, of course! My name is Farquan. :: A little
unsteadily, he backed up, and offered the Vulcan an elaborate bow. ::
Diplomatic Envoy from Edo, here to get to know your crew, and this
region. And your name, mister Vulcan?

::Having paused in his playing, Saveron rose briefly to his feet and
bowed politely in turn. Alas, what a shame, background music would have
been nice while conversing.::

Saveron: I am called Saveron, and am a Xenobiologist recently
transferred from the USS Garuda. I am honoured to meet you. You are the
Edo representative in the Corridor then?

Farquan: Response?

::As they spoke Saveron set his hands to the piano’s keyboard again,one
of Mozart’s piano concertos, played softly so that they might speak over
the top of it. It was if he had read her mind, though Alora knew he was
telepathic only when he touched others.::

Saveron: I am curious. How do you find travelling the Galaxy, away from
both your ‘God’ and your mediators?

::Ah yes, their ‘god’. Although their god has been revealed to be a
trans-dimensional being, they still worshipped it. Regardless, their
culture was fascinating, if a bit extreme.::

Farquan: Response?

Saveron: I have not had the opportunity to visit Rubicon III. Such would
be interesting. What would you consider to be the foremost location to
visit?

Farquan: Response?

::It was at this point that Alora finally closed the distance between
her and the two men. As she placed her hands gently over the curve of
the piano, her eyes dropped to fall upon the supple fingers that danced
lightly over the keys.::

DeVeau: Mind if I join you two gentlemen?

::As the delicate tones skipped merely from the piano, Alora allowed
herself to study the newcomer.::

RESPONSE?

DeVeau: I’m Alora DeVeau, Chief of Science. A pleasure to meet you,
Ambassador. Is this your first time traveling with Starfleet or have you
come from another ship or station?

RESPONSE?

Lt. Alora DeVeau

Chief of Science