(I-8F) Farquan - Penalties (Saveron / DeVeau)

mikori

Jul 8, 2015, 1:59:09 AM7/8/15
to sb118-...@googlegroups.com

(( Eight Forward ))

Saveron: Have you visited Risa previously, Diplomat Farquan?

:: The Edo wasn’t sure whether or not the holodeck counted or not.  He’d surely have to make as much use of those particular facilities on the Invicta as he could.  If the holographic technology just in the lounges was any indication, the luxury on the holo chambers themselves would be impressive, indeed!  He leaned up against the table, and glanced back over toward Alora as the Vulcan changed the melody he played on the instrument. ::

Farquan: Oh, I’ve only been to a few locations on the single outdated holodeck on the ship I was transpoted to Astrofori One on.  I’m sure the Invictus can do an even better job!

Saveron: I understand that the Holodecks have been programmed with an extensive variety of recreational locations. Some may well bear investigation.

:: The look the woman cast the Vulcan surprised him.  Was she interested in recreation with a Vulcan?  Or, was it more?  How intriguing! ::

DeVeau:  There are even more than what was on the Garuda.

Farquan: My goodness.  I can’t wait to explore them.

DeVeau: But yes, there are quite a few places you can ‘visit’ in between the places you visit in person.

Farquan: I’m sure none can quite compare to the paradise that is my home planet, but variety is the spice of life, I’ve heard you humans say!

Saveron?

:: He shared a smile with the young looking science officer. ::

DeVeau: I’ve never had the opportunity to visit Rubicon III, and as I recall, you were about to inform us of some particular places of note there?

:: Ah, these Federation types and their pronunciations.  So much education would be needed. ::

DeVeau: I’m always interested in learning about new places and new people.

:: Farquan cleared his throat, and gestured flamboyantly up into the air. ::

Farquan: Rubicun three, my dear.  Emphasis on the ‘you’.  Learning the proper way to pronounce Federation member worlds would be a good way to start, yes?

DeVeau / Saveron:

Farquan: But, yes.  My planet is a virtual paradise.  One in a billion, they say.  A natural ecosystem that Earth had to use weather and genetic engineering to achieve.  We’re all quite proud of her.  We’ve worked very hard to maintain Rubicun III in such a state, you know.

DeVeau / Saveron:

Farquan: Oh, yes, the rules have been called draconican by some off worlders, but due to an, ah… incident with a young teenager from your starship Enterprise some decades ago, the government has lessened some of the penalties.  It’s been a tumultuous period, but ultimately…

:: He tapped his chin again, and smiled. ::

Farquan: ...A productive one.

DeVeau / Saveron:

====

Farquan