[WC5C] LtCmdr Rahman: Captain's Kisses (Part 1)

Rich Yulin

Nov 12, 2015, 6:25:34 PM11/12/15
to UFOP: StarBase 118: USS Invicta
((Island Beach, W Cygni 5C))

DeVeau: So who wants to go exploring with me?

Core: I think I'll pass exploration tonight. We'll see how we go tomorrow, though.

Kells: Actually, before you go -- I wonder, could everyone gather around the fire for a moment?

::It wasn't exactly the officer's lounge, but the intimacy of the senior staff gathered around the bonfire seemed appropriate for what was to come. Roshanara returned her attention from Taz in the distance back to Captain Kells as he addressed the rest of them.::

Kells: I replicated a few decorations before the final evacuation, and I can't see any better time than when we're all around this campfire. So, ::beat:: Alora?

::The young woman looked over, the fire reflecting in her wide curious eyes.::

Kells: Just as I'm not longer the same man you met some years ago, so you're no longer the same woman. That eager young scientist has been aged, distilled, fortified -- but never compromised. You were one of my closest friends during my first tenure as captain, and now you're one of my most trusted senior officers. Therefore, it's my great pleasure to give this to you.

::He stood up and placed a lieutenant commander's pip in her palm, then gave her a quick peck on the cheek.::

Kells: Congratulations, Commander.

DeVeau: RESPONSE

::Roshanara merely nodded back at the newly promoted chief of science.::

Rahman: Congrats, Alora!

Any: RESPONSE

::Next up was their counselor.::

Kells: When I first met Raissa Moonsong, she managed to fool me into thinking that she was some sort of theoretical astrophysicist. She wasn't trying to intentionally deceive me, of course -- she was only making use of her prodigious intellect and the mental abilities she now possesses, both complements to her great skills in her chosen discipline. There's not a day that goes by during which I don't benefit from her presence and her advice. You've become indispensible, Commander.

::Another hand held out, another pip given, and then another kiss. The amused Kriosian had never seen a ceremony quite like this before.::

Rahman: oO Hmmm, I don't remember the captain drinking anything before we beamed down... Oo

Moonsong: RESPONSE

Any: RESPONSE

Kells: I have one other personal recognition, and it's for one of our newest crew members. Shurimal Vex. The Innovation Ribbon is one of the highest honors that can be bestowed upon a quick-thinking officer in the course of his or her duties. Your problem solving skills and distinguished service during our trip to the alternate universe have more than earned you recognition, and I'm thrilled to show my appreciation with this ribbon.

::A ribbon instead of a pip, but the man wasn't going to be robbed of a kiss from the captain.::

Kells: ::shaking Vex's hand:: Congratulations, Ensign.

Vex: RESPONSE

Any: RESPONSE

Kells: Finally, I want to recognize all personnel who participated in the mission to the alternate universe with both the Prometheus and the Joint Meritorious Unit Ribbons. As always, if you have already received one of these ribbons, you add a star to your ribbon cluster. Congratulations, all!

Any: RESPONSE

::Once the applause had died down, the captain looked approvingly at his crew, a genuine smile Roshanara hadn't seen as often these days.::

Kells: That's all from me. Enjoy yourselves! I believe Alora said something about going exploring?

::The first officer stepped up, clearing her throat.::

Rahman: Ahem. Actually, captain, we're not quite done.

Kells: RESPONSE

Rahman: Before we beamed down, I did get a transmission from Fleet Captain Egan Manno.

Kells: RESPONSE

::She shrugged.::

Rahman: I don't remember the details, exactly. Something about you doing a good job, I'm sure. Model for the Federation and all that. Anyway, the point is…

::She took out the four pips underlined by a solid gold bar: the rank pin of Fleet Captain.::

Rahman: …it's an honor to be the first to address you as Fleet Captain Aron Kells.

Kells: RESPONSE

Any: RESPONSES

::Roshanara smiled but then put up a hand to prevent the captain from trying to get too close. Can't be too careful.::

Rahman: *I'm* not going to kiss you, though, sir. I'm sure Del--ahem, Dr. del Vedova might be willing to substitute for me, though.

Kells: RESPONSE

::And with that, shore leave had begun in earnest.::

TAG! TBC…

Lt. Commander Roshanara Rahman
First Officer, USS Invicta

Author ID: I238705TZ0