[A1] Lt. Lidia Ivanova: Everyone's a critic (Saveron, Zorkal)

Rich Yulin

Sep 24, 2015, 6:21:15 PM9/24/15
to UFOP: StarBase 118: USS Invicta
((Taredge Cultural Festival, Astrofori One))

Misha: What do you want to see first?

Saavok: What is that?

::The boys looked over to see some sort of... spider monkey. Or rather, monkey-looking spider!::

Misha: I don't know, but it looks *awesome*!

::Misha grinned as he observed the eight-legged hairy creature grab a piece of fruit hanging from the vines.::

Saavok: I would be interested to see it. Do you think that we can get closer?

Misha: Only one way to find out!

::The two boys headed forward towards the exhibit. As they walked with determination, the Vulcan glanced over at his friend.::

Saavok: Is it interesting, living on the station?

Misha: Mmmmm, I guess. ::beat:: I don't know. Mommy's always so busy these days, and there aren't that many other kids yet.

Saavok: RESPONSE

Misha: What about you? How was Vulcan?

Saavok: RESPONSE

::Misha nodded as he reached the edge of the animal habitat. He held onto the fence of the exhibit, peering through trying to get a better look at the creature.::

Misha: I wish I could go. I think I'm sick of space.

Saavok: RESPONSE

((Meanwhile, back with their parents...))

Zorkal: I see Misha has found a friend.

Saveron: Saavok and Misha have been acquainted for approximately two Terran years.

::Lidia watched as Z gave a long look at the doctor. She could tell he was sizing him up.::

::The Cardassian then turned to her.::

Zorkal: And I see you are slacking.

::She crossed her arms, though her voice still kept the usual tone of playful banter the two security officers had developed since working on Deep Space 10 under the Federation/Cardassian joint operational agreement.::

Ivanova: Pardon?

Saveron: It is shore leave.

Zorkal: Should you let the boy run loose?  He's already gotten himself lost at least once and seems to escape your watch quite easily.

Saveron: They are children, not animals to be leashed. ::He pointed out.:: They will behave themselves.

Zorkal: I'm not sure that's enough.

Ivanova: What would you suggest, Z? Sending them to a Cardassian boarding school?

Zorkal: RESPONSE

Ivanova: Let me guess. You were quite the perfect, well-behaved little boy growing up...

::She rolled her eyes, though she did sneak a peak over towards Misha and Saavok. They'd since moved on from looking at some vines to what was essentially a large fish tank. She was a bit dismayed to see Misha making funny faces against the glass, harassing the fish.::

::Hmmm, maybe a little Cardassian discipline wouldn't be completely out of line.::

Saveron: The parenting of our children is our purview.

::The doctor's voice brought her back to her senses.::

Zorkal: RESPONSE

Saveron: Do you have a difficulty with their current behaviour?

Zorkal: RESPONSE

Ivanova: Don't take it too personally, doctor. Glinn Zorkal is a traditionalist.

Zorkal: RESPONSE

Saveron: RESPONSE

::Before they could get into too much more of a debate, she saw the boys running off further down the hall to the next exhibit.::

::She looked back at the security chief before starting to walk off to follow the boys with Dr. Saveron.::

Ivanova: Well, if you want to continue observing non-Cardassian parenting, you're welcome to join along.

Zorkal: RESPONSE

Saveron: RESPONSE

::She nodded and as they walked together, she stopped for a moment to pick out a colorful flower pin from a nearby vendor, pinning it on the unamused Cardassian's chest.::

Ivanova: ::smirks:: There you go.

Zorkal: RESPONSE

(OOC: Ending it here for now, since we've started our next mission. Stay tuned next shoreleave to see what misadventures Misha and Saavok have gotten themselves into!)

---

Misha Ivanov
Age 7

&