[ABRC] MSPNPC Kisax: Not that I don't approve, but...

1 view

Marcus Dickens

Jun 24, 2016, 8:00:14 PM6/24/16
to sb118-...@googlegroups.com
( Bioresearch center)

IC:

::Syvelene had talked with Gof about this meeting and she accepted that if she had any question to the Aliens she made it, just taking into consideration to not be rude or too inquisitive. After all, they're here with the prospect to help them with their problem and it will be inconvenient that they felt offended and decided to leave. ::

Kisax: I see... and doesn't that delay and create confusion when a decision has to be made? I've observed that while you ::looking at the counselor:: gave an objective appreciation of what would be more efficient, you ::looking to the doctors:: ...expressed a personal wish. It's something common of people of your ... breed? I mean, medical people?

Blueheart: I can’t answer for everyone, but I wouldn’t say that all counselors operate on an objective approach, and neither do all physicians pursue a more personal desire. If at all, our decisions more closely reflect our individual personalities rather than a common approach employed by our respective fields. And our personalities have been crafted by experience, religion and principles. ::He turned to his friends for their own opinions and thoughts on the matter.::

Rosalee: I agree with Dr. Blueheart. But it has been my experience that Doctors... for that matter Starfleet officers tend to be curious about what interests them and they often express those thoughts and desires in hopes of satisfying their curiosity.

Blueheart: The Medical profession, for one, is not unlike the military in that we are based on a hierarchical system. A chain of command exists, based on seniority and academic prowess. But that doesn’t stop – well, at least it shouldn’t – a junior medical officer, even a medical student, from expressing and sharing their thoughts and ideas with the rest of the team in the presence of his superiors. This is always done with the patient’s best interest at heart, and never to challenge or shame any individual. ::pause:: Of course, this expression of ideas has to be carried out with tact and appropriate etiquette, not with stubborn, vociferous quarrels. Assertion instead of aggression, if you will.

Kisax: I think I understand what you mean... it's ... curious that you are able to voice a disagreement with an established protocol when you see fit instead of following what you already know it works, or voicing it before your saintisama expresses the first assessment.

Blueheart: On Earth, in the 20th and 21st centuries, doctors and nurses held regular grand ward rounds where the entire team managing the patients on the ward would gather at the bedside of a patient to discuss his progress and best plan of care. Everyone’s opinion mattered, from the nurse who dresses his wounds to the physician administering the antibiotics to the consultant overseeing the cost of bandages and pills. Ultimately, it is hoped that the patient receives the best form of care. Not only that, but healthcare providers also regularly attend conferences and meetings where even more ideas and solutions are exchanged between them and across a wider platform. Nowadays, we have subspace telemedicine conferences. ::He smiled and paused.:: Think of it as a healthy debate between brilliant minds for the patient’s wellbeing.

Rosalee: It doesn't hurt to hear other opinions. Sometimes someone see's something the others don't.

Moonsong: ::finally speaking up.:: While all of that is something of a simplification, the process of communication… particularly when you consider the number of species and culture defined methods of communication, it has evolved into an efficient pattern of behavior that works. :She raised an eyebrow at Raj.: Most of the time.

Kisax: Maybe in your Federation. If we had to abide by those protocols, I'm sure we'll have difficulties. Our whole world operates in a stablished way that has proven to be the most effective and with less conflict.

Blueheart: Response

Rosalee: If you don't mind my asking. How does it work for you? Does only the senior make the decisions?

Kisax: Yes. The Saintisama is the authority in what refers to making decisions. In our case, we speak privately before addressing an issue, more if there's someone involved, this way we avoid any conflict in front of the interested individual and that brings confidence, what helps in going on with the stablished protocol for the situation.

Blueheart/Moonsong: Response

Rosalee: I see. So how do you feel about that after hearing about how we do things?

Kisax: :: Looking to Mirim, she nodded to her who looked back at the federation officers :: I feel.. surprised, that you've evolved so much with such a distracting method. I'm quite confident with what have been proved to work. About dealing with unexpected situations, you'll have to ask my Saintisama as I don't know the protocol of the 'confluences'

Blueheart/Moonsong: Response

::They reached their destination and she let Mirim and that Commander Core to mark the way to proceed.::

Core/Mirin: Response

Moonsong: I am looking forward to hear what you have to tell us, Mirin.

Mirin:Response

Core/Blueheart/Rosalee/Kisax: Response

Moonsong: I mean no offense with my question, but there is one thing I do think we need to know.

Core/Blueheart/Rosalee/Mirin: Response

Moonsong: What exactly is this deviance your.. Ancestors were trying to eradicate? Is it some sort of physical… difference such as skin color?

Core/Blueheart/Rosalee/Mirin: Response

Moonsong:  I see….

Core/Blueheart/Rosalee/Mirin/Kisax: Response

Kisax: That deviance proved to be a disturbance to our people, it led to a civil war, ... Now the problem is gone, but I wondered what would have happened if we haven't cleaned up that difference and it had spread after our ancestors deployed the system. Maybe we'll all be dead now, victims of our own doing.

Core/Blueheart/Rosalee/Moonsong/Mirin: Response

Kisax: I just hope that your intervention is for good and that your presence doesn't ignite anything dangerous, either out there or down here.

Blueheart/Core/Moonsong/Rosalee/Dickens: Response

Mirin: Response

Kisax: I'm sorry Saintisama :: she did it, she passed the line they've marked. She bowed her head down and stepped back a bit. ::

TBC:

MSPNPC Syvelene Kisax
Adovan Scientist

by