[MISSION START] Cmdr Washington: Where We've Been

Rich Yulin

Jun 8, 2016, 1:48:49 AM6/8/16
to UFOP: StarBase 118: USS Invicta
//Captain's Log, Stardate 239306.08

With Lohti now returned to the surface of Nygel II with her own holodeck, we've left the system to head onwards to the Darlenix cluster. It's still too early to say what the Federation Science Council ultimately will decide to do with the Repository--or Lohti herself for that matter--but they've at least assigned a research team to learn more from her. Perhaps Invicta will be permitted to revisit later on to check on their progress.

Meanwhile, with the light duty restrictions during shore leave, repair times were nearly doubled, but engineering reports that all systems should be repaired by next week. I've called for the senior staff to assemble in the forward lounge for some long-overdue acknowledgements. I've asked for Commander Rahman of the Syracuse to assist me.//

((Forward Lounge, USS Invicta))

::Joseph watched as Rahman finished pinning the last ribbon onto the tunic of the final recipient. Once she was done, she took a step back up next to him and turned to face them all once more.::

Rahman: Congratulations again to all those who were instrumental in securing the Lindbergh and rescuing nearly thirty-three hundred passengers and crew.

(OOC: The War of Shadows Ribbon is awarded to all characters that were present for the "Mayday" mission. You all have earned one bronze campaign star for completion of "Phase 1" of the 2393 Fleetwide Plot Arc. These officers include the following still on active duty:

Aron Kells
Roshanara Rahman
Alora DeVeau
Hanar Tuk
Tristam Core/Kinan Venroe
Raissa Moonsong
Raj Blueheart
Della Vetri
Rune Jolara/Nikki Ryan
T'Lea
Ceilidh Riverview
Marcus Dickens
Rosalee
Luna Walker

Congratulations!)

Any: RESPONSE

Rahman: I also have the pleasure of announcing that Starfleet Command has approved a new service ribbon, the Quantum Reality Service Ribbon. This ribbon is awarded to an individual who participates in a mission within an alternate universe. Those of you who were aboard Invicta when it found itself in another reality where the Federation had lost the Dominion War and encountered the USS Ronin-A are hereby awarded this award as well.

(OOC: Anyone who participated in "The Road Not Taken" mission have earned this award. They include the following active officers:

Aron Kells
Roshanara Rahman
Alora DeVeau
Hanar Tuk
Tristam Core
Raissa Moonsong

Congrats!)

Any: RESPONSE

::Joseph took a final glance at the assembled officer.::

Washington: Well done, everyone. Dismissed. Enjoy the reception.

::As the crew broke up, some to grab some of the cookies and other baked treats set up on a nearby table, Joseph turned to Rahman.::

Washington: An alternate universe where the Dominion won, eh?

::Roshanara glanced out at the crowd towards Tasnim, who was lingering in the back, though whether the girl had come to see Roshanara or Ki, she didn't know.::

Rahman: That doesn't even begin to describe half of it.

::She looked back at him and gave an apologetic look.::

Rahman: If you'll excuse me, captain.

::But Joseph had noticed the wayward glance towards the teenager with the spots that hinted at some connection to Rahman.::

Washington: Of course.

::As she left, the captain was preparing to go speak with either Commander Core or Counselor Moonsong about how they thought the crew were doing in the aftermath of the last mission when he heard another voice call to him. He turned to see the Invicta Expedition's commander, Fleet Captain Kells.::

Kells: RESPONSE

Washington: Fleet Captain. I'm glad to see you were able to make it.

Kells: RESPONSE

Washington: No doubt. I hope only I'll be able to award a few accolades of my own to the crew in the coming weeks and months ahead.

Kells: RESPONSE

::At mention of the news, Joseph shook his head.::

Washington: Adova? No, I haven't heard anything yet.

::The Fleet Captain proceeded to fill him in on the details, apparently straight from the Federation Secretary of the Exterior herself.::

Kells: RESPONSE

(OOC: Since Tony is playing the Adovan leader,I'll let him fill in some of the "briefing" details before we get to Adova itself. Everyone else, feel free to mingle a bit in the crew lounge.)

TAG! TBC...

Cmdr. Joseph Washington
Commanding Officer, USS Invicta

Writer ID: I238705TZ0