[CRR] LtCmdr Rahman: Fulfilling a Final Act (Saveron)

1 view

Rich Yulin

Dec 8, 2015, 11:52:05 AM12/8/15
to UFOP: StarBase 118: USS Invicta
(OOC: This takes place after the off-screen memorial service for Fleet Captain Kells)

((Captain's Ready Room, USS Invicta))

::Following the memorial service, Roshanara led Doctor Saveron into the ready room, both of them still wearing their dress uniforms.::

::Usually, they had only needed to don the bright white tunics during times of celebration, such as an awards ceremony or the opening of Astrofori One and the launch of the Invicta Expedition.::

::Today's affair was decidely more muted.::

::Roshanara gestured for the Vulcan to take a seat as she grabbed two glasses of water from the replicator. Coffee or even tea didn't seem appropriate this time.::

::She turned around and looking at the man sitting before her and the empty chair that lay beyond, she finally made her way around the desk and sat in the captain's chair for the first time since she'd heard the news.::

::She placed the glasses on the desk, offering Saveron to take a drink.::

Rahman: It was a beautiful service.

Saveron: RESPONSE

Rahman: I've made arrangements with Fleet Captain Egan Manno for his body to be taken back home to Mars after this mission.

::She took a sip, looking down at the desk for a moment before glancing back up at Saveron.::

Rahman: It should be fine in the morgue for a little while, yes?

Saveron: RESPONSE

::She nodded and then shot a weak smile back at the Vulcan. Not because of a morbid sense of humor in this case but because of what she knew was coming next.::

Rahman: When I was reviewing the captain's personal logs and agenda, I found something.

::She leaned back, opening a hidden drawer in the captain's desk and pulling out a small wooden box.::

::She placed it on the desk between her and the doctor before carefully opening the lid, revealing a new solid pip, ready to be added to a collar.::

Saveron: RESPONSE

Rahman: I guess he thought he wouldn't be away that long. That he'd have a chance to do it himself once he got back-

::She felt her voice crack a bit, her eyes welling up a bit.::

::She lightly cursed under her breath, wiping her face. At least it wasn't in front of the crew. She had managed to remain remarkably stoic during the memorial service.::

::It had been challenging. Especially when she saw Alora's face as she came up to the torpedo-turned-coffin. She'd given the young woman a hug to comfort her, but holding onto her had also been to help keep herself from letting tears flow.::

Rahman: I'm sorry. This should be a happy moment.

::Indeed, a welcome one at that, even if just a tiny one, during this time of sorrow for the ship.::

::It was his final act as captain, and she would carry it out now as he would have wanted. She called up the official text on the desktop viewer, turning it slightly so that Saveron could see it as she read it aloud to him.::

Rahman: "For your distinguished achievements in the field of medicine, your dedication to your staff and patients, and your continued years of service to the fleet, Starfleet Command, upon the recommendations of Starfleet Medical and your commanding officer Fleet Captain Aron Kells, see fit that you be advanced to the rank of full commander."

::She looked back over at him.::

Rahman: Congratulations...

::She smiled again, and this time, there was a bit more heart into it. A sliver of her playfulness returned as she cleared her throat.::

Rahman: ..."Sir."

Saveron: RESPONSE

TAG! TBC...

Lt. Cmdr. Roshanara Rahman