(I-G) Farquan - Dinner Date (Barr)

mikori

Sep 15, 2015, 5:01:13 PM9/15/15
to UFOP: StarBase 118: USS Invicta

(( Deck 7, Gymnasium ))

Farquan: I’m honored to meet you, mister Barr.  So.  You’re one of the crew aboard this fabulous ship, are you?  I hope you’ll do me the favor of letting me know in advance whether you’re taken.  I wouldn’t want to overstep my bounds, after all.  I believe I made your dear Captain rather nervous.

Barr: I am indeed, and you’re one of our honoured diplomatic guests. Welcome.  Alas no, not taken, not since the Captain snapped up Doctor Del Vedova, leaving a wake of broken hearts behind him. ::He sighed theatrically.:: Or possibly it was the Captain who was snapped up by Nick, the rumour-mill doesn’t say.  Having said that, Captain Kells seems a rather private man, I’m not certain that his reaction would have been any different regardless.

:: Farquan released H’Rhaedrol’s handwhile the other man spoke, and with a gesture,

Farquan: Oh, it was adorable.  You should have seen the blush.  Then again, maybe you did…

Barr: Lets just say that I heard it. I’m afraid that Terrans can be a little backwards in some social aspects; they’re less secure than Edo, Betazoids, Deltans… but you get used to it, working with them. I’m sure you’ve discovered the same.

:: The Edo man stepped over toward the lockers.  There was no reason to awkwardly try to cover up while he was getting out of his towel and back into his clothes.  It was clearly nothing that H’Rhaedrol hadn’t seen before.  Besides.  Edo custom dictated that they covered as little as was necessary for comfort. ::

Farquan: They’re a passionate people, I’ve found.  So much so that they often have difficulties in simply letting go of what drives them and enjoying what’s around them.  I don’t think that I could live that way.

:: Fastening the straps about his shoulders and tugging on his belt and trousers, the Edo man turned back to face Barr, a smile on his handsome face. ::

Barr: One thing they are is ubiquitous. It’s a pleasure to talk to someone from somewhere more… exotic.

:: Farquan tipped his head graciously in thanks, while closing his locker.  H’Rhaedrol seemed like he had more to say. ::

Barr: If you have time between diplomatic engagements, perhaps you might be interested in investigating one of the new restaurants on Aye-One? I hear there are some intriguing culinary experiences to sample, including a particularly good Denobulan tapas bar, with live music.

:: An informal engagement with a Betazoid.  It was both a pleasant diversion and a good opportunity, in the Edo’s mind.  He let out a pleased chuckle. ::

Farquan: I’d be most pleased to accept your invitation, my dear!  I’m not sure what a tapas is, but I can’t wait to find out. ::  He paused. :: Computer.  Time?

Computer: The time is 1355 hours.

Barr: Response

Farquan: I’ll need some time to finish some work.  And, of course, make the trip over.  Shall we meet outside this Denobulan restaurant at, perhaps… 2000 hours?

Barr: Response

Farquan: Splendid, my dear.  I’m very much looking forward to it.

:: He reached out to offer H’Rhaedrol a handshake in the usual Edo style - clasping forearms rather than hands.  His people were accustomed to more extensive physical contact than most Federation members. ::

Barr: Response

====

Farquan

Edo Diplomat