[ABRC] MSPNPC Mirin: Whichever You Agree Upon

raj.blueheart

Jun 21, 2016, 11:22:41 AM6/21/16
to UFOP: StarBase 118: USS Invicta

((Adovan Biomedical Research Center))

::Both Gof Mirin and her colleague Syvelene Kisax had met with the away team from the Federation starship USS Invicta.

Kisax: Welcome. We thank you for your willing to help. If there's anything you don't understand or need, I've been assigned at your service.

Moonsong: Thank you… May we know what the proper form address for scientists of your rank?

::Gof smiled as she exchanged a brief glance with Syvelene, before returning her gaze to the black-haired woman.::

Mirin: In the past, it was customary, almost mandatory, that everyone who worked for the government be addressed by rank, but it’s not so these days. Though our rank still precedes our names on all official documents and identification papers, we don’t use them in general conversation. ::pause:: I am a Saintisama, while Syvelene here is a Saintisan. There are three other Saintisans heading the three other units in this facility. All the other scientists are Saintisinins. But please, you may address us by our first or second names.. or both.

Core/Dickens: response

Mirin: Would you all like a tour of the facility before our meeting, or would you prefer heading to the conference room right away?

Blueheart: oO Tour! Oo

Moonsong: ::glancing briefly at the away team leader:: Perhaps it would be more efficient to have the briefing first… to put everything in context?

::Raj turned expectantly at the others, LtCmdr Core in particular.::

Core/Dickens/Kisax: response

Moonsong: It would also allow us to formulate the correct questions before the tour.

::The counselor had a point, and he nodded silently. But on the other hand, he thought that it would also be practical to ask questions along the tour. He instinctively pictured himself stopping, pointing and asking questions every few minutes, like an excited schoolboy on a field trip to the natural history museum. He was thankful that he wasn’t the only one who had preferred the alternative of what had been suggested.::

Rosalee: I can't speak for everyone, but I know I would like a tour. ::She looked around at the group.::

Blueheart: Me too.

::Only after the words had left his lips did he wonder if he had spoken too soon, inadvertently (and perhaps, subconsciously?) separating the doctors from the non-doctors. He decided he was thinking too much and shook his head a little to purge the ridiculous after-thought.::

::Gof seemed to notice this too as she looked from one woman to the other, then at the rest of the group, amused and intrigued at the same time.::

Mirin: It appears the medical officers think alike. This is a good thing, as I’ve come to learn from some of my medical friends. There’s no discrepancy in patient care, and the patients receives the best.

Blueheart: ::smiling and blushing slightly:: I.. agree with you. I actually never thought of it that way. ::He turned to his Klingon-Human colleague, and on-again, off-again personal physician, and whispered softly.:: You did well speaking for the both of us.

Rosalee: Thank you.

Mirin: We can accommodate whichever plan you agree upon. Right, Syvelene?

Kisax: response

Core/Dickens/Moonsong/Rosalee: response

TBC/TAG

Captain Raj Blueheart