[sb118-gorkon] [BACKSIMM] LTJG Hallbjorn Baldursson - Awkward Moment... Part 2

Hallbjorn Baldursson

Feb 16, 2017, 2:27:58 AM2/16/17
to Sb118-...@googlegroups.com

Part II

OOC: Takes place before Dassa’s “Friendly Chat”

((Phaser Range, Deck 8, USS Gorkon))

Alexander: ::murmurs:: I could have spent a lifetime back on Earth as a pediatrician. I still don't know how I ended up joining Starfleet of all things.

Baldursson: Because you knew anyone could be a doctor on a simple world like earth, yet it takes a special kind of person to save lives out here on the edge? And there isn't many people able to pick up that kind of gauntlet…

Alexander: ::grins wryly:: I'm not sure that I didn't bite off more than I can chew with this one.

Baldursson ::Smiling:: How does one eat an elephant, doc?

Alexander: ::snorts:: Not sure. I've never been successful at it.

Baldursson: One bite at a time. Helps to take life the same way.

Alexander: ::smiles wanly:: I suppose so, yes.

Baldursson: Just look at me, I don't even know what I'm doing tomorrow, let alone in five years!

Alexander: Yes, but for me, Starfleet was an accident...an excuse to get away from my overprotective family. I didn't make some valiant choice to serve the greater good. I wanted to outrun my past. ::grins wryly:: But it always seems to catch up with me.

Baldursson: We all have our reasons for being here, ::shrugging:: doesn't really matter anymore now I suppose.

Alexander: ::nods and pauses:: Same time next week?

Baldursson: Yeah… I'll see ya then doc, maybe you can bring the CMO with ya too?

Alexander: ::snorts:: Yeah, not likely.

Baldursson: ::Grinning:: Worth a shot. He really does need to at least learn to duck.

Alexander: You best bet is self-defense lessons.

Baldursson: Which he better accept. ::Tagging on:: Couldn't hurt the whole senior staff to go through some, really.

Alexander: ::nods:: Lael has a strong background. Maybe she can help. She's a coral belt in Jiu-Jitsu and is highly skilled in Mukhol, an Al-Leyan martial arts form.

Baldursson: ::He paused, gears turning in his head.:: I feel like we've had this exact same conversation before…

Alexander: ::grins:: Seems to be going around. I was telling Chythar the other day about the time I almost missed my biology final and he said the same thing.

Baldursson: ::Grinning:: Perhaps it's some incurable alien plague, dooming us to a life of repetition?

Alexander: ::laughs:: Or we're just all finally losing it...space dementia and all.

Baldursson: Doc, that would mean I haven't already lost it.

Alexander: ::smirks:: Exactly.

Baldursson: Indeed… I'd say we could spice things up, but last time we did the Gorkon became a dry ship. So bad idea.

Alexander: ::grins wryly:: Lael has NEVER let me hear the end of that one. Nor has Anjar.

Baldursson: I'm still getting dirty looks every time I'm near the lounge.

Alexander: ::shrugs:: I have to admit it felt good slugging that wanker. Deserved if you ask me.

Baldursson: I may have been a bit more out of it than I let on, but I have to agree. Was worth it for sure.

Alexander: Maybe it's good, then. No alcohol equals no fist fights for you.

Baldursson: Probably quite a few more in my future, though no more alcohol induced ones.

Alexander: ::grins:: True. ::pauses:: I really had better go or I'll be late.

Baldursson: ::Nodding:: Yeah, i should probably be running down my crew as well. Before they break something else, again.

Alexander: ::laughs and hugs him, kissing his cheek:: Thanks for the lesson. See you next week!

::She then turned and exited the room.::

Baldursson: ::Giving a short wave:: See ya doc.

---

LtJG Dassa Alexander, ChD, PD, PDS

Medical Officer

USS Gorkon