LtCmdr Skyfire -- Reporting As Ordered (Tam)

Chythar Skyfire

Sep 3, 2015, 9:19:34 PM9/3/15
to sb118-...@googlegroups.com
(( Shuttle --  USS John Irwin ))

:: Chythar was seated with a PADD in his hand and his little beagle in his lap. Another transfer, so soon after his last. He cast his mind back, to earlier that day and the sequences of events that led to him being in this small shuttle... ::

(( Flashback -- USS Columbia, Skyfire's Quarters ))

:: CD had been awake for hours, all without coffee. He was exhausted, a mite scruffy around the edges with the five o'clock shadow thing going on, and had been treating patients in sickbay for the last several hours. Not to mention his head felt like it was being repeatedly slammed against a wall. Gavin's transplanted shields, which were vry temporary, didn't last. He felt them fade away like soft guitar notes lingering in the air after a solo. He had only just gotten into his room for the first time in...what felt like forever. ::

:: Despite the fact that he'd had seventeen days to get settled in, he didn't. He was so busy trying to fit in on the Columbia that he never really unpacked anything except Devlin's rawhide bone and the single white pillar candle. Just as he started to sit down on his couch and prepared to light the candle for his meditation, he heard his badge come to life. ::

Brek:  =/\= Brek to Skyfire, if you could make it to my office as fast as you can, and I mean fast, it would be very much appreciated! =/\=

oO Brek? Office? Double-time? Oh, boy. I'm in trouble. Oo

Skyfire: =/\= Aye, sir. On my way.

(( Short timeskip -- Brek's Ready Room ))

:: CD entered the room, somewhat breathless as he'd basically bolted from his quarters to the office because any time that the words "fast" and "get up here" meant "run for your life." Brek seemed to glance at a PADD before he looked up at Chythar. ::

Skyfire: :: slightly breathless :: You...wanted to see me, sir?

Brek: I'm not sure how to put it... ::Faint grin.:: Starfleet's requested your presence on another vessel. Their sickbay is severely understaffed, so, understandably, they need an experienced Doctor. And that person, well, that's you. You're to join the USS Gorkon, whose C.O. is Captain Quinn Reynolds.  Her ship is operating in the Menthar corridor. Are you familiar with this region?

:: He stood there, stunned for a few moments. His mouth opened and closed a few times like a gold fish, because the cat had his tongue as a flurry of thoughts entered his mind. ::

oO What the hell? Another blasted transfer? Oo

oO Menthar... Oo

oO ...Reynolds...Egan Manno...? Oo

Skyfire: I'm familiar with it. I served on the Invicta and Garuda before coming to you, if you recall. :: He paused and took a breath. :: It's just so...sudden. Like a heart attack.

Brek: I know, it's hellishly sudden, but you know how the Fleet works. When a senior officer is needed somewhere, they don't ask us round for tea to wonder if we are comfortable with our new job. There's a shuttle waiting for you. You are to depart as soon as you've collected your belongings.

Skyfire: :: sighs. :: I just got here, though. oO I *hate* transfers. Oo

Brek: I know. I've been there too when I left Excalibur. It rather felt like they were kicking my sorry backside out of that ship. In fact, the more I read those orders, the more I think it looks like a niceberg. You know those gigantic floating masses of ice found in the sea, that are actually bigger under water than they are on the surface?

Skyfire: Icebergs. Like the kind that sunk the Titanic, which came as a surprise to them because they didn't see it due to an optical illusion.

Brek: What I mean is that this new assignment is going to be full of surprises, I can feel it. So mark my words, you are on your way to a richer life, Chythar! That's why I mustn't delay you. :: He walked round his desk and went to shake the Terran's hand. :: Have a safe journey. As you will soon find out, the Gorkon is an excellent ship.

Skyfire: It's been good to see you again, Brek. Please give my regards to the others, and remember rule 76: Every once in a while, declare peace. It confuses the hell out of your enemies. Farewell.

:: He gave his Ferengi friend a firm handshake and a smile before heading out of the room to retrieve his little furry friend and his stuff. ::

((End Flashback ))
(( Present: Shuttle -- USS Irwin ))

:: CD gave Devlin a good rubbing around the ears and pulled up the manifest of the Gorkon. Many of the names were unknown, but the only one on the manifest whose name he recognized was the captain. As he continued to gaze on the list, his eyes rested on Eerie. oO Nia's fiancee...? Oo Chythar blinked a couple times, then pulled up his orders to present when he arrived. At this point, he didn't have anything else to do so he figured he'd read over why he was here. ::

----
STARFLEET TRANSFER PRIORITY THREE
NEW ASSIGNMENT USS Gorkon NCC-82293

TO: Lieutenant Commander Chythar Daniel Skyfire, MD. Medical Officer, USS Columbia
FROM: Starfleet Command
REFERENCE: Ship's Orders
DUTY ASSIGNMENT: Medical Officer

Greetings, Lt. Commander Skyfire. You are hereby ordered to report as soon as possible to the Sovreign Class vessel, USS Gorkon which is located in the Menthar Corridor.

Commanding Officer: Captain Quinn Reynolds
First Officer: Lt. Commander Chen
Chief Medical Officer: Commander Alucard Vess

Sincerely,
Starfleet Command

NOTE: I apologise for pulling you away from your new posting after such a brief time, but the medical complement of the Gorkon is currently understaffed, and given the often strange nature of the Menthar Corridor, I would prefer to have someone with some experience in the region. A shuttle has been dispatched to bring you aboard ASAP.  Welcome back to the Menthar Corridor, Lt. Commander.

END TRANSMISSION
----

:: He blinked as he read the note at the end. It seemed formal, yet informal at the same time. Chythar pondered over the situation and wondered what the sequence of events was that led to this. Somehow, Starfleet Command was involved. To come back into the region of Menthar must have taken a bit of pull with someone who wasn't Fleet Captain Egan Manno.

(( USS Gorkon, Main Bridge ))

:: Chythar entered the bridge, his Starfleet duffel bag slung over his shoulder and the little beagle running a few feet ahead of him. The canine immidiately began sniffing around, because it wasn't like any of the other bridges he'd been on before. CD set down his bag near the turbolift and cleared his throat to get the attention of the captain. ::

Skyfire: Permission to come aboard, sir?

Tam: ?

:: CD realized once the Trill spoke that this was definitely not Captain Reynolds, though a teal-collared lieutenant commander was more common on the Columbia since both Johanna and Talia were recently promoted, but what was this man doing in the captain's chair? Once the Terran blinked a few times and processed the voice in his head, he nodded faintly and held up the PADD. ::

Skyfire: Lt. Cmdr Chythar Skyfire, MD. Reporting as ordered, sir. This is Devlin, my therapy dog. :: handing over the PADD with his orders :: Mind if I ask why we're at yellow alert?

Tam: ?

:: They had a few different problems that needed to be addressed, and precious little time. Firstly, the away teams were unreachable due to the downed comms. Second, the shields were up, meaning the Gorkon couldn't evacuate either survivors or their crew. Third, and probably the most pressing of all, the other vessel was caught in a gravity well. All of ten seconds elapsed before he got an idea. ::

Skyfire: What is the likelyhood of us locking a tractor beam onto them in an effort to pull them into transporter range?

oO Don't be rediculous, Cathar. The shields are up. Oo

oO Oh, shut up you striped figment of my imagination. One thing at a time. First priority is to get them out of harm's way, *then* restore comms and disable the shields.If I need to change the order, then so be it. Oo

Tam: ?

===
Lieutenant Commander Chythar Skyfire
Medical Officer