Blackbird & Lieutenant JG Samira Neathler - Unexpected reunion

조회수 5회
읽지 않은 첫 메시지로 건너뛰기

Samira Neathler

읽지 않음,
2019. 7. 20. 오후 5:39:1219. 7. 20.
받는사람 sb118-...@googlegroups.com

(( Shuttle Bay II - USS Triumphant ))

::Lost in thought and being left on his own devices, Blackbird had been roaming on Deck 2 when he heard people talking that another shuttle was heading for Shuttle Bay II. He should have used the time to take a shower and put on some clean clothes but somehow his mind wasn't functioning as it should, not after what he had heard in the transporter room. His feet, and with the little help of a turbolift, dragged him to Shuttle Bay II, maybe to convince himself that the shuttle coming in next, didn't bring any Syndicate people.::

::Standing in a corner, leaning against the bulkhead, he watched as the obvious, dented shuttle landed with a thud on the bay's floor. A few minutes later the ramp opened and people walked out. People he didn't recognize, one walking with a cane, a female having her arm supported in a sling, with next to her a blond tall man and a Caitian following them. All four of them looked like they had seen better days. Not that he looked any better, he figured.::

::Blackbird inhaled deeply, he didn't know why he wandered here and was about to walk away when he saw the familiar face of an Orion female appear on the ramp. Leelou, hands tight behind her back, a phaser pushed in her side. Once a well respected Syndicate Boss, but nowadays there was very little left of her reputation, except the one she had created in her own club The Vortex. A few security officers quickly walked over, and took Leelou out of the hands of the female that had been holding her. He could hear said female's words drifting through the shuttle bay as she handed over Leelou to the security officers.::

Neathler: Take her to the brig, keep her hands tied and I suggest you only use female guards or use a pheromones suppressants. I'll be right there.

::Blackbird swallowed hearing the female's voice, she sounded and looked just as tired as the others. He was about to walk over, yet the woman disappeared into the shuttle again. Slowly Blackbird pushed himself away from the bulkhead, and walked over to the ramp, feeling a lump in his throat, he couldn't get rid off. He heard the shuttle bay doors close as the guards took Leelou to the brig. He stopped midtrack, inhaling deeply, maybe this was not a good idea. The woman appeared on the ramp again, this time carrying a backpack, her eyes half closed as if she had a headache. A few steps later she was off the ramp, and for Blackbird it was too late to change his mind as the woman spotted him, dropping the backpack, where she stood. He could see the disbelief on her face, captured in those frowning dark eyes of hers. Her mouth opened as if she wanted to say something but nothing came out.::

Blackbird: Hey little Sami.

::As if in shock, his words drew no reaction out of the woman, he hadn't seen her in months, maybe closer to a year. He hadn't even been able to say goodbye to her. Slowly he walked over, grabbing the backpack she had dropped.::

Blackbird: That's no way to handle your belongings Sami, I think we taught you better than that.

::Samira just stood there, too tired to make any reasonable sentence, a dull aching behind her eyes, looking at the last person on Earth she'd expected to see here, only managing to utter one single word.::

Neathler: How?

::Blackbird gently grabbed her by the elbow, leading her to a nearby container and sat down on it, pulling Samira next to him. Dropping both their backpacks at their feet. He grinned looking at her, yet somehow the grin didn't reach his eyes.::

Blackbird: Long story, little Sami, long story. Why aren't you on that fancy Sovereign class ship, father always talks about?

::Samira sat down next to him, her gaze going to the shuttle, only now noticing some pieces of the hull were missing. That thing wasn't even worthy of the name space shuttle. She took a deep breath, ignoring a certain part in his question.::

Neathler: We were sent on an undercover mission, taking a Syndicate boss into custody. We should meet with the Gorkon soon enough.

::She raised her dark eyes towards the man sitting next to her, examining the tired lines on his face. She probably looked just as tired. She studied his face some more, something was missing, worry had taken over his usual juvenile features. What had happened to him all this time? The last time he tried to contact her, was when she was in that dreamstate Lladre had put the Gorkon crew in, and that was months ago.::

Neathler: Your turn.

Blackbird: I... It's a mess Sami. I made a total mess of things. ::He nodded towards the closed doors.:: Those are your crewmembers right?

::Samira just nodded, afraid to interrupt, knowing the man sitting next to her would close up if she did.::

Blackbird: Was there another team of your crewmembers on Nassau?

Neathler: ::Again Samira nodded.:: Two more.

::Blackbird shook his head, going with both his hands through his short, dark hair. Resting both his elbows on his knees, his head resting in his hands.::

Blackbird: I thought they might work for the Syndicate. I didn't trust them and now… now I hear they're your colleagues. I was terrible to them. I... How can I face them again, knowing they're your... you work with them?

::Blackbird shook his head again, Samira remained quiet for a while.::

Blackbird: You know, I had nothing to go on, no names, nothing, just a meetingpoint, I didn't know who'd retrieve me or when, or how many. Why didn't they mention the Gorkon earlier? Why didn't they send you? Maybe things wouldn't have gone so terrible wrong then.

::Samira heard the despair in his voice, leaned towards him, laying her arm around his shoulders. Samira couldn't answer his questions, she had just followed the Admiral orders and only one person knew how the Admiral's mind worked and that was the Admiral herself..::

Neathler: They succeed didn't they? You're here now.

Blackbird: But at what cost? ::He frowned for a moment, briefly looking aside to her.:: Jo Marshall, you know her, right?

::This time it was Samira's turn to frown, she hadn't heard back from the other teams yet and had no idea about the well fare of the others. Something she should remedy the first chance she got. But at least she had one of her questions answered. The man sitting next to her seemingly was the agent the XO's team had to retrieve.::

Neathler: ::Softly.:: First officer of the Gorkon. What happened?

Blackbird: ::Shaking his head again.:: I don't know, something must have happened before they found me. Sami... ::He looked sideways at her.:: Marshall is probably fighting for her life in Sickbay.

::Taking a deep breath, Samira looked in front of her, taking in the news. She didn't know the First Officer that well, quite the contrary, Samira knew the XO's brother better or at least she thought she did until he stole a shuttle after helping a prisoner escaping from the brig.::

Neathler: They've got good doctors Marlon, she'll pull through. She has to.

Blackbird: And what about the others? I can't face them again. Not after pointing a phaser to them.

::Both her eyebrows shot in the air, now that was something Samira didn't expect to hear. She patted her brother on his back before placing her arm around his shoulders again. Who was in the XO's team again, Smith, Fortune? She'd only worked closely with Groznin so far and had avoided the counsellor.::

Neathler: You know what, why don't we talk to them once we're back on the Gorkon. Sort it all out, tell them why you had doubts, I'm sure they'll understand. I'll accompany you if you want to.

::The irony wasn't lost on Samira, normally it was Marlon who took care of her or helped her when she was in trouble and now he was the one in distress, if one could call it that way.::

Blackbird: I don't know Sami, after what I've done… accused them of. I was terrible.

::He looked up at Sami, before he ruffled with his hands through his hair, as he sat up.::

Neathler: We'll sort it out, ok. ::She paused for quite some time. Both sitting there lost in their own thoughts, until Samira broke the silence between them.: You know, I could do with a shower and a fresh set of clothes, we can talk afterwards. What do you think?

::A grin showed on Blackbird's face.::

Blackbird: Sounds like a plan Sami. Cause you smell like you've fallen into a barrel of alcohol.

Neathler: ::Winking at her brother.:: Maybe I have. I'm sure Nassau has a few breweries hidden inside that rock.

::Blackbird grinned as both him and Samira stood up. Blackbird faced his sister and gave her a long, strong hug.::

M. Neathler: It's good to see you again, little Sami.

::At least things looked a tiny bit brighter now, then when he first set foot on the Triumphant, having found someone he did trust.::

Blackbird
aka Marlon Neathler

and

Assistant Chief Security/Tactical