Marlon & Lt. Samira Neathler - Interrogations under the stars

Samira Neathler

Sep 21, 2019, 4:14:34 AM9/21/19
to sb118-...@googlegroups.com
((Courtyard – Reichsburg Cochem – Earth))

::Samira returned Cory's smile and Kyrrha's nod. And for a reason she didn't know, she felt happy for the couple.::

Tereen: I apologize; this is an invitation I am not inclined to refuse. ::She laced her tapered fingers with his.::

Neathler: I’m sure you’ll have a good time. Have fun you two.

Tereen: Thank you.

Xerix: Response.

::Her gaze followed the couple as they walked away from the crowd towards a more quiet area of the castle's domain, and was about to look around when suddenly she was startled, almost dropping her glass, when she heard a familiar voice behind her.::

M. Neathler: So this is where you are hiding?

::He was accusing her of hiding, while she hadn't seen him since he trotted off at the very beginning of the reception. She noticed the look on his face when he noticed the glass she was holding.::

M. Neathler: What happened with a good flute of champagne? ::He nodded towards the others.:: Marlon's the name, Sami's brother. Seems little Sami has lost her tongue for the moment.

Xerix: Ghant, and actually Samira has kept us thoroughly entertained.

M. Neathler: The pleasure is all mine. I'm glad to see Sami's friends for a change.

Xerix: ::dryly:: Charmed, I’m sure...

::He grinned as he gave Samira a gentle push.::

M. Neathler: You'll be happy to know someone suggested the perfect location for our hiking tour. We're leaving tomorrow, no matter how that little head of yours feels.

::And here she was hoping he had forgotten about the whole thing. And tomorrow? Maybe if she managed to get him drunk enough, he'd forget about it over night.::

Xerix: Hiking? Where are you going?

::Samira shrugged as her gaze went over the dance floor, catching the last moves of the Admiral dancing with her Captain, or was it the other way around, as the song ended. She inhaled deeply and took a swig of the golden liquid as her attention returned to Xerix and her brother.::

M. Neathler: Now that is a surprise, I don't want to spoil it for little Sami here. Although it involves altitude and mountains, I can tell that much.

::He smirked as he took a glass of champagne of one of the passing waiters, yet narrowed his dark eyes as he looked at Xerix. If this was one of Sami's friends maybe he could lure out some information from him.::

Xerix: Response

M. Neathler: Maybe the clear air will get rid of the things that are troubling her lately.

::Samira turned towards Marlon and saw the serious look in his eyes. And it made her wonder if other people would have noticed too.::

Neathler: Maybe I'm just worried where you'll end up next Marlon. ::She nodded towards the crowd at the bar, mainly wanting to refer to the people who had helped him escape.:: This time we were able to rescue you and get you out safely, but I doubt if you go undercover again, you'll have that same luck again. Can't I worry for my own brother's well fare?

Xerix: Response

::Now that was an answer Marlon hadn't expected, and he wasn't quite certain how to take it.::

M. Neathler: I'll keep that in mind Sami, but let's talk about this some other time, shall we. ::He raised his glass towards Xerix.:: We're at a wedding, we should be talking about lighter stuff. So Xerix what do you do in your spare time?

::Samira almost blurted out 'Bashing up people.' but somehow managed to remain quiet as she quickly took another sip, trying to hide the grin on her face.::

Xerix: Response

Marlon Neathler
aka Blackbird
&