[JP] Lanta, Yiggtissi, Krugol, Sevo, Hahn - Goodbye Mr Lanta, Hello Mr Kian (Part IV)

Ryan Fender

Nov 21, 2018, 10:07:58 PM11/21/18
to sb118-...@googlegroups.com

(( Main Sickbay – USS Gorkon ))

Yiggtissi: Let’s proceed.

Lanta: Yes!

::Yiggtissi gently picked up the Kian symbiont as Hahn slowly opened the small flap of skin on Ferier’s stomach. He slowly inserted the living mass inside Ferier and watched a part of the symbiont attached itself to the young Trill’s insides. It burrowed deep and as soon as it settled, its color immediately began to improve, turning from a pinkish-grey to a deep brownish-red. Yiggtissi shot a nod toward Hahn and he expertly and neatly closed the pouch. Grabbing the tricorder from the side of the bed and starting at the implant site, he began a careful diagnosis. The little device began to spit out information as Yiggtissi waved it up and down the length of Ferrier’s body. After several seconds, he closed it up and set it down. Looking over at Ferier, a smile stretched across his face as though he had suddenly walked from a cold room into the warm rays of a beaming sun.::

Yiggtissi: How do you feel?

::Kian looked at where the Symbiont had been placed and subsequently Joined with him. The picture that would stay with him forever was the image of Emilia looking down in concern. As the symbiont settled into place, memories flew through him each new second revealing a past that was his and yet not his. Emilia, the thought of her still made his heart jump. Amazingly and thankfully he still felt the same about her. Memories from Kudrem filled him. She had been a willing accomplice, and had agreed to the removal of Kian, knowing that it might result in its death. This would need to be discussed with the Admiral later. He had more important things to resolve right now::

Ferier Kian: I am whole ::He looked toward Emilia,:: Emilia…  I love you that has not changed!

::Emilia drew a shaky breath, reaching out a hesitant hand towards Ferier. She questioned, just how much of him was left. Was it Kian talking? Or was it really him? Once that first tear fell, the rest followed along in an unbroken, constant  stream. Emilia’s hand broke away from Ferier’s as she pressed it against the biobed. With her free hand, she covered her mouth, begging for nobody to see her in such an ugly state, muffling her suffocating sobs. Her mind was a cluttered mass of emotions, filled to the brim with relief, mixed with fear, fighting against her churning sorrows and anxieties. In reality she had nothing to worry about, he was alive and well. Emilia’s stomach gurgled in an almost sickly manner, as her face was drenched with the wet stains of her anxieties. She fought her first instincts to hug him in reassurance.::

Krugol: ::Muffled.:: F-Ferier

::Hahn glanced between the pair, another frown creasing his brow, though once again he kept silent on whatever thoughts were running through his mind.::

:: Ayiana hoped Ferier’s feelings for Emilia would remain. His personality could still change as the Symbiont’s memories and personality slowly blended with his own. The pair was going to have a rough few days as they tried to figure out the new Ferier Kian. ::

Sevo: How are you feeling? The initial rush of memories can be disorienting.

Kian: To say the least, so many memories.

Sevo: Take some time to acclimate yourself to your new...um...you. You’ll find a lot of things have changed.

Kian: And a lot of things have remained the same.

::Kian looked at Emilia.  It was amazing, even with new memories and experiences she still looked as beautiful as when he was Lanta.  He held her hand, not willing to ever let it go::

Krugol: ::Emilia looked to the doctors.:: Doctor.. May I hug him?

Kian: oO Say yes, Doctor Oo

::Hahn glanced between the pair of them, the frowning shifting to make room for a worn, gentle smile. He nodded, gesturing toward Ferier.::

Hahn: Of course. Physically, he's fine.

Kian: So can I get up as well?

:: Kian, without waiting stood and moved towards Emilia.  His arms raised ready to embrace her.  He felt a little weak, but then considering what the entire crew had been through it wasn’t a surprise.::

::Emilia graced Ferier with a smile, almost knocking him over with a longing hug.::

Krugol: I’m glad you’re okay…

::Kian practically fell in to her arms.. Laughing and crying tears flowed freely.  Maybe it was due to the implantation as he had never been overly emotional before.  He pulled Emilia in closer.  He could smell the scent from her hair.  The closeness of her made him weak at the knees.  Her shape fit in snugly as he wrapped his arms around her and buried his face deeper in to her shoulder.::

Kian: I am OK, ::To the Doctor:: Am I cleared for duty, Doctor?

Sevo: I’d suggest he at least be checked out by a counselor.

Yiggtissi: I’d say take it slow for the next twenty-four hours but I see no reason to keep you here.  And I agree with the first officer, you should see Ensign Fortune right away.

:: Yiggtissi nodded and watched the two lovebirds held each other close, locked together like two swirling galaxies ready to collide.  He removed the red tunic, revealing his duty vest underneath.  Yiggtissi felt as though he had been awake for days but there was no stopping just yet.  There were shift assignments to approve, files from new transfers to examine, reports to read on the status of Nkai and he needed to speak with Denato.  He glanced back over his shoulder and watched as Ferier and Krugol sat on the bed, still glued together.  A smile stretched across his face.  He wasn’t quite sure what provoked Kian to remove her symbiont and leave it for dead.  Was it just a ploy to make a quick escape?  If so, then she was more cold-hearted than anyone realized. ::

fin

--

Lieutenant (JG) Ferier Lanta/Kian

HCO Officer