Lt. Cmdr. Genkos Adea - Quite An Entrance

Genkos Adea

Mar 3, 2020, 9:26:14 AM3/3/20
to UFOP: StarBase 118: USS Gorkon

((OOC - Somehow I managed to leave the Cmdr. out of my rank in my last sim. Please ignore! I've not been demoted))

((OOC - "Yet." - Emz)

((Polar Research Station, Væron))

Genkos shivered - not from the actual cold, as the standard issue insulation suit kept him warm enough, but from the idea of the cold. It was snowing sideways and they had all got covered in flakes of ice as they had walked the few yards from the shuttlecraft to the interior of the research station. Genkos had insisted on taking a shuttlecraft, partly because of his intense dislike of the tugging feeling of the transporters, but also partly because he wanted somewhere that his team could rendezvous without treading too much on Romulan toes. Ever since the unpleasant encounter (of his own making) on Sikuna, Genkos had always felt as if he was imposing on Romulan hospitality.

He ducked slightly as he entered the station - icicles overhung the doorway and his height precluded any other method of evasion. The rest of his team followed him in, and Genkos smiled at them all as they removed their gloves and shook off the snow. Genkos himself clutched at his cane with a now naked hand, which really did make him shiver - the hardwood retained the cold less well than any of his canes made of metal, but still it was incredibly chilly on his palm.

The Romulan who had escorted them in gave them a nod that Genkos took to mean “wait here” before pivoting on one foot and disappearing down a corridor. It gave Genkos time to look around - the station was basic, bare bones, with blank grey walls and little in the way of decoration or ornament. He shrugged at the other members of his team - not that they’d been expecting opulence.

Adea: Remember, we are here to help - ::he raised a hand:: I know you all know that, I’m saying it for my own benefit.

The last time he’d been at a Romulan colony “to help” he’d ended up not lashing down his tongue and it got loose, causing a poor Romulan woman, Dhisuia, to be beaten to within an inch of her life. Although he’d grown as an officer, and as a person, since then, he was still nervous about the whole affair. He didn’t want to repeat the mistakes of the past, and was determined to keep the worry out of his face.

Stoyer/sh’Qynallahr/Moran: Response

Suddenly a booming voice made Genkos jump, just a little bit. It was a rich, fruity voice that immediately made Genkos like its owner.

Caldor: No resources for paintings, I’m afraid.

Genkos whirled around to see, well, the shortest and fattest Romulan he’d ever seen. The man couldn’t be taller than five foot, and was almost perfectly spherical, except for the cut of his scientific uniform. The ridges on his forehead were practically the only pronounced thing about him - the rest of him almost folded into the flab. His hands rested comfortably on his not inconsiderable paunch, and he had the widest smile that Genkos had ever seen.

Caldor: You must be the Federation interlopers. Here to take ownership of my work?

Genkos raised an eyebrow - the man’s tone suggested that they were there to all have a drink together and perhaps a friendly game of dom jot, but his words said something completely different. Genkos raised a hand in a placating manner.

Adea: Not at all, sir, we are here to help.

Stoyer/sh’Qynallahr/Moran: Response

A sharp twinkle in Caldor’s eye belied something a fraction of a second before he himself gave it away. Everything in Genkos’ instincts was telling him to like this Romulan, and that he would enjoy his company. He was completely charmed, and moreover, completely disarmed.

Caldor: I am, as you humans ::he pointed at Stoyer:: say, merely “pulling your arm”. Is that correct? ::he waved a podgy hand before continuing with a short bow:: My name is Caldor, I am the Chief Scientist here, and I am very glad you have come. As you most likely know, we are having some trouble with the local wildlife, both terrestrial and aquatic. Stark behavioural changes, that sort of thing.

Genkos returned the short bow, smiling broadly as he introduced his team. As Caldor grew closer, Genkos noticed a faint medical smell about the man - powdery and clean.

Adea: ::pointing to himself:: Dr Genkos Adea ::he pointed in turn at his colleagues:: Lieutenant Commander Stoyer, Lieutenant sh’Qynallahr and Lieutenant Moran. We will help in any way we can.

Stoyer/sh’Qynallahr/Moran: Response

Caldor: ::bringing his hands together with a soft slap:: Well, let us get started then, shall we?

Stoyer/sh’Qynallahr/Moran: Response

Lieutenant Commander Genkos Adea MD

Chief Medical Officer & Second Officer

USS Gorkon