Lieutenant Caedan Nkai - Coming Home

Quinn Reynolds

Dec 25, 2016, 5:32:41 PM12/25/16
to Gorkon (IC)

((Bridge, USS Gorkon))

::Though the bridge was calm, the ship was busy. The away teams had started returning to the Gorkon, and preparations were being made in both sickbay and the brig those who would be using their services.

::And despite this hum of transporter activity, necessitating the lowering of the shields, there was still no sign of the cloaked ship, whoever they might have been. Caedan wasn't sure whether to be relieved or worried about that -- there was a handful of theories as to why that might be, and none of them were particularly palatable.::

::The turbolift doors opened, and discharged the odd-looking posse that was Vess' away team. Whatever had happened to them down there would make for an interesting report, but for now Caedan moved out of the central chair, making way for a more rightful occupant.::

Vess: Report.

::Where to begin?::

Nkai: Tyrellian sensors indicated there was an incoming cloaked ship, but since the last contact at the monitoring station on Tyrellian Nine, there's been nothing else at all.

::He took a breath and paused a moment, intending to continue on and explain the situation with the other away teams, but Vess interjected, shooting skeptical glance toward Blair.::

Vess: No further contacts?  Really?  After all of that they just turn tail and run?

::Blair shook his head, and that was seemingly the only answer he had to offer.::

Nkai: Seems so, Commander. Given how recently we've been assigned to the system, they may never have intended to show their faces at all, just provoke a response to see how the taskforce would react. ::He lifted his shoulders in a shrug.:: Intelligence gathering.

Blair: Either that or they have the best cloaking technology we’ve ever seen.

::It was a frightening possibility. But if that was the case, how had they detected them at all?::

O’Malley: It'd be enough if their cloaking frequency changes too fast for our sensors. ::He tapped on his console while he was speaking.:: I just boosted the computing capacity to its maximum.

::Too fast for the Gorkon's sensors, perhaps. But too fast for the Hahn's -- a dedicated science ship with bleeding edge sensors -- and a defence grid specifically designed to spot cloaked ships?

::But what if the Syndicate had something to do with it? What if they had people in the defence grid workforce? That was a thought that he didn't want to linger on.::

Blair: The other away teams have been notified to return to the ship Commander, but the beam outs haven’t happened yet. I recommend we speed that up, just in case that cloaked ship decides to show up again.

O’Malley: Shall we beam them out no matter where they are?

Nkai: No! ::He caught himself, and shook his head.:: I mean, we've been going as fast as we can, but we can't just pluck them out of there. Commander Sevo's team has injured, and sickbay was just about to initiate transport -- they might even be aboard by now. Security are getting in place to receive Captain Reynolds and her team, because they're bringing back a boatload of prisoners with them.

::As if on cue, reports from sickbay and security began to trickle in, notifying the bridge that the away teams were back aboard. Status reports, prisoner counts and more began to follow, and all the work that came with it. Life was going to be very, very busy for the foreseeable future.::

--
Interim Chief of Operations
USS Gorkon

simmed by