Lt. Commander Ayiana Sevo - Dirty Tricks

Aaron Schimmel

Mar 15, 2017, 5:55:45 PM3/15/17
to SB118 Gorkon (IC)

(( Bridge, Deck 1 - U.S.S. Triumphant ))

:: Once Vess had given the final “okay,” Ayiana turned and looked to MacMorna. ::

Sevo: Take us out, Ensign.

MacMorna: Response

Sevo: Marshall, let us know when the Resolute appears on our sensors. T’Vei may try something devious as well.

Marshall: Response

Sevo: Baldursson, try and rotate the shield strength facing the resolute as we slingshot around.

Baldursson: Will do sir, if they can even hit us that is.

::They cruised along for a few minutes, then.::

Marshall: response

Vess: On screen.

::The viewscreen changed from a starfield to one of a close up of their sister ship.  Despite its compact size, the Resolute looked a bit menacing.::

Sevo: They’re cruising along at full impulse. Either they don’t see us, or are baiting us.

MacMorna: response

Vess: Hold off on boosting the structural integrity field until we’re closer.  They may pick up on that and guess what we’re doing.

Marshall: response

Vess: Baldursson, when we’re in range just start hammering them, like we’re committed to a frontal assault.  That should also keep their stronger shields to the front.

Baldursson: response

Vess: Alright people, this is it.  ::He took a deep breath and let it out.::  Yeh know what to do, so do it.  And no matter what the outcome today, yer the best damn group of officers a Captain could ask fer.

Baldursson: Response

Sevo: Return fire. Boost auxiliary power to the forward shields.

Marshall/Baldursson/MacMorna/Vess: response?

::There was a quiet chirp and buzz from the many consoles across the bridge, as hits were recorded, damage calculated, and the output of systems adjusted accordingly. For now, that was little more than a steadily dropping shield integrity. ::

Sevo: So far so good…

Marshall/Baldursson/MacMorna/Vess: response?

Sevo: Activate tractor beam...now!

Marshall/Baldursson/MacMorna/Vess: response?

:: It most certainly did NOT go to plan. The tractor locked for a split second, then vanished. Suddenly, systems started shutting down all across the ship. ::

Sevo: What the hell?!

Marshall/Baldursson/MacMorna/Vess: response?

Sevo: ALL systems? How many? How?!

Marshall/Baldursson/MacMorna/Vess: response?

Sevo: A polaron burst?! They couldn’t have shot that at us instantly. It is the perfect counter to a tractor, but has to be set up and calibrated; which means they had to know it...was...coming…

:: Her face went pale with the realization they had been bugged. ::

Marshall/Baldursson/MacMorna/Vess: response?

Sevo: *Thats* what T’Vei was doing just before we came aboard. :: Ayiana stood up, her cheeks flush with rage. :: THAT POINTY-EARED, RAT-BASTARD VULCAN!!

Marshall/Baldursson/MacMorna/Vess: response?

Sevo: oO A hail? What now?! Calling for our surrender? Oo

:: Ayiana was too livid. She let Vess handle the incoming call.

Vess: Response

Laron: =/\= This is the USS Shavar to the Triumphant and Resolute. We are under attack, requesting immediate assistance in the Suva system. Repeat, immediate assistance required. Please acknowledge. =/\=

Sevo: oO Well...s*** Oo This...isn’t part of the simulation, is it?

Vess/Anyone: Response

Triumphant: =/\= response =/\=

T'Vei: =/\= We will proceed at maximum warp and engage our slipstream drive as soon as it is available. =/\=

Laron: =/\= Confirmed. Our slipstream drive should be available in fifteen minutes, but we're facing off against a Breen dreadnought with a cloak here. =/\=

Sevo: oO Nope. Not a fake. Oo

Marshall/Baldursson/MacMorna/Vess: response?

Triumphant: =/\= response =/\=

T'Vei: =/\= Confirmed, Triumphant. We will match your speed and heading. =/\=

Triumphant: =/\= response =/\=

TBC

Lt. Commander Ayiana Sevo
Chief Science Officer / Second Officer