Ensign Groznin Smith - A Connection.

Zech Tyler

Jul 4, 2018, 5:42:29 AM7/4/18
to sb118-...@googlegroups.com
((Groznin & Jangs Quarters, USS Gorkon.))

::Groznin sat at his desk, the view screen he had to the side was making contact with the USS Wall Street, the computer told him they were somewhere in the Gamma Quadrant but it was classified as to the specific location. he didn't know what to expect. he hadn't spoke to his parents in almost 5 years. he had so much he wanted to tell them, and show them, but alas he hadn't made contact and they seemed to not care about him or his adopted son. he didn't know what he was going to say, or do. he just wanted to see their faces, hear their voices. even if it was just for a second.::

::he wasn't looking at the monitor, he was staring out into the black abyss of space, in the distance he saw a Ferengi trading vessel fly past them, the stars twinkled, and another federation ship left orbit of Trill, he couldn't fully make out the registration but it started NCC-17--. he quickly turned back to the monitor where his mother sat. she looked annoyed, he stopped,l not thinking theyd actually answer.::

G.Smith:  Mother.. I..

F.Smith. What is it Groznin, I'm busy.

::His mother hadn't changed much since they last spoke. she was still cross with him for whatever reason.::

G.Smith: mum, I wanted to talk to you. I wanted to tell you that I graduated Starfleet academy and I'm on my first.. well technically second posting, I'm on the Gorkon. under Admiral Reynolds.

::he spoke with pride, he was pleased to be serving under the admiral, he liked the admiral. although they'd only met a few times she seemed like a very nice person.::

G.Smith: Would you like to visit some time, you and father.

::He wanted so badly for this to happen, he needed  hug from his parents, it had been so long, he was starting to struggle without them in contact. he listened as his mother replied::

F.Smith: Well done... I guess? and the Gorkon? I haven't heard of that vessel. there are so many these days its difficult to keep up with. how are you anyway, might as well ask seen as you're here.

::He was taken back that his mother actually cared about how he was... in all honesty he knew she didn't care but he made himself think she did.::

G.Smith: I'm good thank you mum, Jang is good as well, I know you don't care but he is doing very well, in school and just growing up to be a really nice person. where's dad?

::His mother completely ignored the remark about Jang, and then it went silent. his mother didn't speak, and he sat there wondering why. eventually she did answer although it was a good reason he wasn't there. it turned out he was a bridge officer, Groznin was overjoyed, it's what his father had always wanted, he was a proud son for those few moments::

F.Smith: He's on the bridge, he got a promotion last year.

G.Smith that's great, pass on my congratulations.

::Again the room went silent, no one said a word, until Groznin heard something.:;

???:Mama

::Groznin shoot up in his seat, he looked at his mother as she put a finger to her lips, and looked off screen. He thought to himself did he have  sibling..., why wouldn't they tell him. a thousand and one questions ran through his head. his mother now had her head in her hands::

G.Smith: mum....?

::but it was too late, his mother had switched her view screen off and cut the connection. he was now sitting in his room, in shock he had a sibling, a sibling who didn't know he existed, and he didn't know existed. this raised more questions, and probably made things worse between him and his parents.::