LtJG Alexander: Once More Into the Fray...

Dassa Alexander

Nov 28, 2016, 1:38:17 PM11/28/16
to sb118-...@googlegroups.com

(( A few hours later - Suspected Syndicate Safehouse ))

::Dassa still wasn't sure how she'd managed to be selected for the away team that was to investigate the supposed Syndicate safehouse. Clearly the Captain had more confidence in her than she did in herself.::

::As she looked around, a shiver raced up her spine. The place was creepy, that was for sure. If she weren't following orders, she wouldn't willingly come here.::

Sevo: Charming place.

Alexander: ::grins wryly:: ::sarcastically:: Yes. Just lovely. Perfect place for tea.

Marshall/Baldursson: Response

Sevo: Very sure. There were some water and mud stains on a couple of the crates; just enough to determine that the specific combination of minerals in them can only be found in this swamp, and at this latitude. This is the only structure in a hundred kilometers, anyway.

::Dassa could feel everyone's anxiety and it was doing nothing to soothe her own. This place, it seemed, had everyone of alert. She only hoped that they didn't fall into some sort of trap or get caught in a fire fight. She did all right with a phaser, but it wasn't her strong suit.::

Marshall/Baldursson: Response

Sevo: Alright, let’s see if we can make our way over there and inside without setting off any hidden traps or alarms. Baldursson, take point, and keep an eye out. Marshall, once we’re there, see what you can find in the way of electronic surveillance or security systems. And we haven’t ruled out the possibility of toxins or biological agents. Keep an eye out for that, Doctor, as well as any lifesigns that might be in there.

Marshall/Baldursson: Response

Alexander: ::nods:: Aye, ma'am.

::Dassa pulled out her tricorder and started scanning, careful to trust her eyes more than the technology in her hand. She'd learned the hard way that technology could be fooled. It was tougher to fool Humanoid instincts.::

Sevo: Alright, let's go.

::The group proceeded slowly. A few times, Dassa thought she heard voices. Her hand tightened on her weapon, her lips forming a thin line. Exhaling, she tried to relax. She had to be able to focus if and when it came to that.::

Marshall/Baldursson: Response

Alexander: ::murmurs:: I'm fine. Just a little nervous is all. This place gives me the creeps.

Marshall/Baldursson/Sevo: Response

--
LtJG Dassa Alexander
Medical Officer