[sb118-gorkon] JP: Lieutenant JG Jansen Orrey & LtCdr. Chythar Skyfire - The Importance of Sand Drawings (Part 2)

Chythar Skyfire

Jan 5, 2016, 8:38:15 PM1/5/16
to Gorkon IC

((Holodeck 4 Deck 4 - USS Gorkon))

Orrey: ::Jansen nodded and waved his hand for CD to follow.:: Come on let’s go inside.

::Jansen led the way with him to a small little house and inside to a singular low table that requires them to sit on the floor. Jansen kneeled down on one side of the table and motioned for CD to take up the other side of the table.::

:: As they headed toward the house, Chythar set his rake back in the barrel before following the counselor inside. The table setup reminded him of a meditation layout, minus the candle. The XO knelt on the opposing side, and waited. ::

Orrey: What do you think of the previous exercise? Honestly. ::Jansen watched him carefully for his response.::

:: Honest opinions of a counselor’s techniques were difficult to give, because each counselor was different. No two he’d ever encountered used the same techniques, and his case was unique simply because telepathic humans were extremely rare when they had no reader ancestry. ::

Skyfire: Hated every minute of the drawing stuff with the disruptions by the wind. Once the drawings actually stayed down and I started talking, it was easier. I’m still not entirely sure why we did it though.

Orrey: There are some things that are simply out of our control. ::He stood up and crossed out of the room after a moment and came back after a second or two with a tray carrying a tea service. He retook his seat and settled some pouring tea into the cup.:: You can’t wrangle the wind for instance.

Skyfire: oO More psychobabble for me to translate. Goodie. Oo

:: CD remained silent as the doctor continued, giving only a nod. He was still translating what was being said, attempting to decrypt it like a cipher. Beyond control means...an oversight? No. That was incorrect. There were lots of different meanings, and maybe he wasn’t going to find the right one. Meh. ::

Orrey: ::Jansen poured a second cup of mint tea and slid it across to the XO.:: You were frustrated because you thought the task was impossible. But in reality it only seemed impossible.

:: Chythar sipped his tea, and blinked. oO I hate it when he does that… Oo He nodded again, still silent. ::

Orrey: ::Jansen sits the teapot down and picks up his own cup taking a sip.:: When things seemed calm and simple you relaxed and immediately opened up, yes?

Skyfire: Immediate isn’t quite the word I’d use, but yes.

Orrey: So then do you think that what you did would be an acceptable way to lead a mission? ::Jansen took a small sip of tea.::

Skyfire: oO What…? Oo You lost me.

:: Chythar spoke Greek, but psycho frackle wasn’t the same thing. It may as well be Andorian for all the translations he knew. ::

Orrey: Apply what happened to a mission. You took offense that I wasn’t being fair with the wind, yes?

:: CD nodded faintly and sipped his tea, learning there was virtue in silence. Under the table, his free hand clenched and unclenched reflexively, as though trying to keep himself from punching the guy. ::

Orrey: Will our adversaries always be fair?

Skyfire: No. :: He tried to figure out the hidden meaning here, and apply the unfairness to a situation but didn’t see what the relaxing part had to do with…..? :: Point?

Orrey: You need to learn to let go of the anger that seems to be powering you. That is only going to make you make more bad choices and continue the cycle of self punishment you seem to be creating for yourself.

:: Easier said than done. In fact, the only other counselor who made a similar point was Sal, but they never actually worked through any of the anger issues. Incense and shielding techniques were all they worked on. As for letting go of it, he hadn’t the faintest idea how to. In this field, a clueless wonder. ::

Skyfire: Easier said than done when I haven’t even learned how to let go of it in the first place.

Orrey: Lucky for you, I have. What would you say is your favorite hobby?

Skyfire: Making chain mail. Like armor and jewelry and things.

Orrey: You dislike me merely because of my post, yes?

:: How many nerves was this guy going to hit in one day? First the offense with the wind, rake sand thing, and now...interrogation. Grr. ::

Skyfire: And I shouldn’t hate you because of it. Right? :: he sipped his tea again. ::

Orrey: You shouldn’t hate me because in our time serving together, beyond these meetings we haven’t had two solid conversations together. However that wasn’t what I was going to suggest.

:: Again, perhaps wisely, Chythar said nothing. He sipped his tea and motioned with his hand for Orrey to continue. ::

Orrey: Make something between now and our next meeting. Anything you want or can come up with. Show me your skills.

:: The XO seemed to consider that for a long moment and continued to sip his tea for a few more moments before speaking. ::

Skyfire: Okey…? :: Half question, half statement. Confusion. Not sure why, exactly. The oddness of the request seemed to have little to do with the discussion topic of hating counselors. ::

Orrey: ::Jansen sipped his tea and nodded.:: What do we have beyond my post between us?

Skyfire: We have...um. :: He seemed genuinely lost for words. Either because the conversation kept shifting direction, or because he honestly didn’t know what the counselor was getting at. Instead of answering with more stammering, he had another sip of his tea. ::

:: Jansen smiled some and waited for a response. He, after all, had all the time in the world to wait for an answer.::

Skyfire: I guess...nothing…?

Orrey: But we are both doctors, aren’t we?

:: He sipped his tea and nodded, silently contemplating over the words. Perhaps it was wisdom, perhaps it was just better to listen. ::

Orrey: More over, we both were doctors first and Starfleet came next for us on our career path. Is that fair to say?

:: Another silent nod. Speaking would not help Chythar at the moment, so he motioned with his hand for Jansen to continue. ::

Orrey: The point I suppose is a simple one. I may look like the evil spawn which crawled from beyond the counselor’s desk. I am not. I am a doctor, a person who cares. About all his crewmates. In the end, there isn’t that much separating you and I. Or anyone from that matter if you really look at us all. We only made a few different choices.

Skyfire: It’s that simple?

Orrey: That is all for us today I think. ::Jansen called for the arch and ended the program at the same time.:: So the next time I see you, I’d like to see a demonstration of your talent, and I want you to think about what I have said, specifically the last part, alright?

:: The misdirection and confusion kept putting CD off balance. It was confusing, to say the least. He finished the last of his tea and stood slowly, pondering over his words. ::

Skyfire: So...guessing we’re done for now?

Orrey: You are then free to go.

Skyfire: Okey. See you later. :: He couldn’t bring himself to use either the man’s new title, or professional title. Instead, settled on rank. :: Until next time, lieutenant.

:: With that, Chythar walked out of the holodeck and headed for his quarters, as he had a little puppy to feed. ::

A JP BY:

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

Lieutenant Junior Grade Jansen Orrey M.D.

Counselor

USS Gorkon

O238506JO0

&