Lieutenant JG Corliss Fortune- Fight or Dinner Theater?

Hailey Sam

Jun 16, 2019, 8:52:55 PM6/16/19
to sb118-...@googlegroups.com
(( Habitation District Building, Nassau Asteroid, Ma no Umi ))

::After a tense meeting at the docks, hide and seek at the train, then the brutal image of seeing one of their own stabbed-then healed-it was no wonder the group felt a bit weary already once they made it to the district they needed. Corliss sighed, gathering her breath back, rubbing a hand over her arm lightly.::

Fortune: Well, we made it...now to find our way there...

Marshall: Response

Smith: Sounds good too me.

Caitríona: ::Nodding. :: I'll follow your lead.

::Corliss noticed Groz fall in line behind her as they started walking a bit aimlessly, avoiding the slight crowd in one alley, either getting off work or going to it, she wasn't sure.::

Marshall: Response

Smith: So now we’re here? Where do we go?

Fortune: Good question...there wasn't much to be known of where our dear friend was going to meet us. Just that he'd know who we were.

Marshall/Caitríona: Response

::If Corliss was quite honest...this was one of the biggest...cities? District? What have you that she had been in or visited. She didn't quite explore outside the Academy other than a few bars, although she had been invited. At least, nowhere with as many flashing lights, albeit she was told somewhere named Las Vegas had plenty of them. Groz yawned behind them and she could feel herself lagging a bit before quickly shaking her head, trying to concentrate.::

Fortune: We need to stop somewhere, get our bearings...and maybe just take a break. ::she sighed.::

Smith: Well, I guess we can here?

::The flashing pink and blue image was of a hat of some kind being raised off the head of what seemed to be some form of person, but it wasn’t quite human, the sign also read the words ‘The Western Inn’ in a bright light.::

Marshall/Caitríona: ?

Fortune: ...what is that?

::What is that?? It appeared to be a 'pun' of some sort? But she wasn't sure how? She felt even more confused than ever, if she had to be honest, as she followed Groz in to the slightly loud estabilishment. It had a pretty jazzy number playing, with an odd song playing in the background. A few patrons looked up when they entered, some looking on longer than usual, one or two going back to games or to their drinks with disinterest.::

::Acting as if they were customers he walked up to the bar and tapped a bell to get the attention of the barkeep, A Trill. He walked up to them and grunted.::

Barkeep: What will it be, are your.. ::he paused:: friends.. here drinking too?

Smith: ::Turning to Corliss:: I think they’ve earned themselves a drink don’t you captain?

::Corliss snapped from a confused, slightly intrigued woman to the fierce Betazoid Captain front she had been using, grinning as she laid her hands on her hips, cocking her head lightly.::

Fortune: You always do like to spoil them, but yes, I suppose so. Something cheap.

Marshall/Caitríona: Response

Smith: As I thought. Loatac Cider for me if you have it. What do you all want? It’s on me today. ::under his breath:: and out your wage later. ::he laughed a little.::

Fortune: ::Corliss rolled her eyes playfully, crossing her arms with a tut.:: Very well. I'll take the same, then.

Marshall/Caitríona: Response

::As the barkeep poured their drinks, Corliss nervously looked around. It was dusty, although it looked less like it was just 'dirty' and more...like it was made that way? Confusing. There was a gleeful Orion woman in the corner with a Dabo wheel, shouting 'DABO!' for a crowd of pleased patrons, most of whom were quite obviously well distracted. Corliss shook her head, jumping when the glasses were near slammed down on the bar.::

Barkeep: Here.

::He grunted, sliding off down the end as a giant of an Andorian was busy chugging away at a pint, arguing about ordering more. Corliss took her glass, leaning against the stool nearby, keeping the glass to her lips. As per most ciders, it bubbled and fizzed under her nose, and beautifully golden in the glass. She took a slow sip, shivering at the overly sweet taste. Oh, that was goooood...::

Marshall/Caitríona/Smith: Response

Fortune: I'm fine. Very delicious. Let's find a table.

::She noticed the looks they were still getting, it appeared this wasn't much of a place one came to snag a drink and run, so she headed to a table, leading them winding around a few chairs, pulling one out and sighing as she sat down. Her thighs burned a bit at the sudden shift, but it felt good to sit down all the same. She raised her glass lightly at her crewmates.::

Fortune: So. See anyone fun out there?

::She gave a sly wink, taking a gulp of the drink. She knew they knew what she meant, even as her gaze slid over the crowd. She could feel the drunken emotions, sometimes heightened sometimes dampened depending on the person. The thoughts were bunches, almost in groups, such as the Dabo players concentrating on their winners. She shook her head, putting her drink down and cupping her fingers around it, tracing circles with her thumb into the slightly wet glass.

Marshall/Caitríona/Smith: Response

Fortune: Anyone sitting alone would be our first go to, hopefully...::she murmured softly.:: If not, well...anyone slightly human looking.

::After all, wouldn't he rather have a disguise rather than appear as a human? Perhaps she was thinking too much into it...either way, they had to be on guard.::

Marshall/Caitríona/Smith: Response

::Right then a ruckus started up, someone shouting 'Cheater!' at another from the Dabo wheel. The Orion woman looked unamused but not frightened, as one Klingon stood up angrily, jabbing his finger into a man's chest. The man, a slightly dark red headed Trill, looked amused, even smirking as the Klingon towered over him.::

Klann: You've won ten rounds in a row! You are somehow cheating! This is against my honor and yours!

::The man chuckled, shaking his head as he held up his hands.::

Joran: Oh Klann, you've always been a paranoid old jerkwad, and that's the nicest thing I have to say to you. Just concede you've gotten dull in your old age, turn in, and let the younger generation take your crown, you mutton-chopped frog.

::The Orion woman huffed and crossed her arms, tapping her foot as Klann growled, making his hand into a fist.::

Klann: Say that again. Say it.You and this, this...::He said something in a garble of Klingon that had the Orion woman gasping and cupping a hand over her mouth, albeit she didn't seem too surprised at the 'cheating'.:: are in on it together!

::The crowd was slowly rumbling a bit louder, a few patrons who were just drinking or having a meal moving tables, the barkeep keeping an eye on things but not interfering, while Joran loudly started to argue with Klann who kept jabbing at his chest with a giant finger.::

Fortune: ::Corliss slowly sipped her drink, staring a bit as did the rest of the patrons.:: Well. I-Is this part of a show or are they really about to fight?

Marshall/Caitríona/Smith: Response

Lieutenant JG Corliss Fortune
Highest Quality Counsellor Brain
USS Gorkon