JP: Capt. Reynolds + LtCmdr Skyfire: Teal No More (Part I)

Chythar Skyfire

Sep 22, 2015, 5:55:10 PM9/22/15
to Gorkon IC

(( Skyfire’s Quarters, USS Gorkon ))

:: Chythar had just gotten back from sickbay and replicated a bowl of food for his little beagle friend. Once the bowl was set down, he contemplated the merits of a warm shower for relaxation and possibly some lunch for himself before sitting down to write some letters. All of these things were common practice for him on shore leave, though whether or not any of them actually led to subspace calls was up for debate. Most of his colleagues were scattered to the four winds across various ships in the fleet, so he had more than a few letters to write. Some he hadn’t been able to say goodbye to on the Columbia, and others on the Invicta who didn’t know about the transfer to the Gorkon. ::

oO Shower first, then food. Then letters. In that order. Oo

:: He reached up and began to remove his uniform tunic as the little beagle padded over toward his bowl of food. Then the familiar chirp of the badge came once again. ::

Reynolds: =/\= Reynolds to Skyfire. =/\=

oO Or not. Oo

:: He tapped his badge to acknowledge the communique. ::

Skyfire: =/\= What can I do for you, Captain?

Reynolds: =/\= I'd like to see you in my ready room tomorrow morning, Commander. Oh-nine-hundred. =/\=

:: CD blinked a few times before he made the connection. oO Tomorrow morning? Oo As the realization dawned on him that she needed an immediate answer, he nodded and replied. ::

Skyfire:  =/\= Yes, ma’am. Oh-nine-hundred. I’ll be there with bells on.

:: He mused quietly, oO Not literally, but hopefully she catches the Terran reference. Oo The purpose of setting up a meeting for the following morning, he surmised, was to give him a chance to perhaps unpack his stuff and get comfy on the Gorkon before reporting to his first shift in Sickbay. From what he knew of Commander Vess, there were many similarities between him and his mentor, Lt. Cmdr Johanna MacLaren. ::

Reynolds: =/\= I'll see you then. Have a good night. =/\=

:: As the line closed, he removed the uniform shell to reveal his teal-collared undershirt. Just as slowly, he removed that and lay back on the bed, musing aloud. ::

Skyfire: I wonder… :: He glanced over to the adorable ball of cuteness who was happily munching away at his kibble. :: Do you think I’m in trouble?

Devlin: Raff? oO Why? Oo

Skyfire: I am not sure…

:: He continued to ponder over the possibilities and got ready to sleep, feeling just too wiped to do anything else. It was a long day, and tomorrow seemed like it would be longer. Heavens knew why, but some strange intuitive sense. ::

(( Next morning: Captain’s Ready Room ))

:: Chythar arrived a few minutes early, because he hated being late for anything. Especially something as important as his first formal chat with the captain. Had he been late, he would’ve pulled a Devlin: eyes downcast and unable to meet the gaze of his colleagues. He was clean-shaven, in the familiar teal-collared uniform that felt most comfortable. And with a deep breath, he pressed the button and waited for an answering chirp. ::

Reynolds: Come in.

:: CD walked in and the door hissed shut behind him. His face conveyed no expression, as it was the doc hadn’t even had his first cup of coffee. This was, he hoped, just an informal chat between him and the captain. ::

Skyfire: Morning, Captain.

::As he walked in, she offered him a ghost of a smile, and gestured toward the replicator. On her desk was an empty cup, and a plate with only a few crumbs left upon it.::

Reynolds: Feel free to get something to eat and drink.

:: He did so with a nod of thanks as he replicated a cup of coffee and a bagel with lox and cream cheese, then sat down opposite her with both plate and coffee cup in front of him on her desk. CD gave her a smile in return before he picked up the cup. ::

Skyfire: Anything specific you wanted to see me about?

Reynolds: I wanted to thank you for your help on the last mission. Commander Tam said you were a big asset to him on the bridge.

Skyfire: :: nodding :: Glad to hear he felt that way. I wasn’t looking to usurp his authority, as I’d only just gotten here. I’ll admit, coming aboard during a yellow alert was a first for me. He looked like he’d rather be dealing with a code blue than sit on the bridge, whereas I hate code blues with a passion.

::She smiled at that, acknowledging the point with a nod of her head.::

Reynolds: You're not far wrong. ::She paused.:: Have you got aspirations toward command?

:: He was just about to have a sip of his coffee when she asked the question, and took a swallow of it as though to stall for time. It would’ve been impolite of him to abstain from the refreshments offered during this chat, though somehow he had a feeling where this was going. Once he swallowed that first sip, he lowered the cup and met her gaze. ::

Skyfire:  I was thinking about it at some point, for sure. :: He paused and had another sip of his coffee. :: Mind if I ask why you posed the question?

:: He was waiting for Tam to schedule the tests, so all of his gift that remained was his empathic sense. At the moment, all he could pick up on was curiosity. There wasn’t a hidden motive that he could detect, but even still he had difficulty telling when someone was lying to him. His bagel remained untouched a while longer.  ::

Reynolds: Well, Commander Chen needs further care that we can't provide on the Gorkon. Which leaves me without a First Officer.

:: That required him to set down the drink before spilling it on his lap, the words taking a few moments to register. The Andorian wearing Commanders’ pips that Stoyer identified as Chen, then the name on his orders: Commander Chen was the first mate, and was currently having transport arranged to a better facility. He raised an eyebrow and attempted to repeat back what he was hearing, just to make sure he was hearing it correctly. ::

Skyfire: So if I’m understanding you correctly, you want me to transition out of the teal and into red to fill the vacancy because Commander Tam said I was a valuable resource?

TBC

--

Captain Quinn Reynolds

Commanding Officer