Lt. Commander Ayiana Sevo & Lt. JG L'rann - Realization Dawning

Aaron Schimmel

Jan 5, 2019, 9:51:57 PM1/5/19
to SB118 Gorkon (IC)

(( Hallways, USS Gorkon ))

:: L’rann was hopping and skipping her way to the transporter room, eager to get down to the planet to enjoy the triple festivities. She always loved festivals and parties - the endless food, booze, and dancing! Her fur was practically standing on end with excitement! As she was off-duty, L’rann wore a shirt with a kaleidoscope of colors and matching pants. As usual, she preferred to go barefoot. Humanoid shoes didn’t fit her feet, and she hated the look of the Caitian-fitted standard-issue ones. Besides, her feet were just as well-padded as any modern boot, if not more so. If you got it, flaunt it, as the Humans say. ::

:: She wasn’t really paying attention to her surroundings, so L’rann didn’t notice a black shape slam into her at warp speed, knocking L’rann to the floor. ::

Nightfur: Oh I am so sorry I did not see you there, are you ok?

:: L’rann looked up to see a fellow Caitian, black-furred, save for a set of nasty scars across the woman’s right eye. The woman offered her sheath-clawed hand to L’rann, which she graciously accepted. ::

L’rann: Thank you.

:: It was refreshing to speak in her native language, a series of silky vowel-like sounds. To a humanoid ear, it sounded much like purring. ::

Nightfur: Oh, I did not realize there were more of us on the ship, Ensign Naktara Nightfur, new crewmen and science officer

L’rann: Lieutenant Junior Grade L’rann, Operations. There are several of us on board. Come to think of it, I think we’re some of the most populous members in the Federation. While I love working with other races, it’s always refreshing to mingle with your own kind.

Nightfur: it is nice to meet you, I am heading for the transporter room to beam down for some shore leave if your doing the same would you like to join me?

L’rann: Same here. It’s been a long day and I rarely pass up a good party. It’s a triple celebration down there, so expect it to be crazy.

:: They talked the entire way to the transporter room; L’rann eventually recounting the time on a Risian shore leave where all she remembered was waking up in a hot tub with a hangover the size of a black holel. ::

(( Transporter Room 4, USS Gorkon ))

L’rann: ...so I woke up to find my tail shaved bare! Phew, what a night that wass.

:: The pair entered the transporter room to see Lt. Commander Ayiana Sevo waiting for the next transport group, which was apparently them. ::

Nightfur: Response

Sevo: Hello, ladies. Heading down to the party, too?

L’rann: Absolutely, sirr. Time to get my dance on! :: L’rann wiggled her lithe body in place. ::

Nightfur: Wait there will be dancing? :: her tail fur stands on end not use to dancing::

:: Ayiana held out her hand to Nightfur. ::

Sevo: Nightfur, if I remember right? I remember your final exam on Starbase 118 a few weeks back. Glad to see you here. Lt. Commander Ayiana Sevo, Research Coordinator for the Taskforce.

Nightfur: I remember you, sir, glad I get to serve on the same ship as you, Naktara Nightfur, new science person, if your beaming down for shore leave as well would you like to join us?

:: The transport operator nodded to the trio. Ayiana stepped up to the pad, followed by L’rann and Nightfur. ::

Sevo: Energize

(( Mojana District, Yarista, Palanon ))

:: Moments later, Ayiana was looking at a party in full swing, the suns-set nearly complete caused the revelers to light up the area with candles, lights, and floating paper balloons. Music could be heard emanating from every niche, and the smell of fresh food and pastries wafted Ayiana’s nose. ::

Sevo: Where to start? Food?

Nightfur: I skipped lunch today so food sounds nice.

L’rann: :: Sniffing. :: Fish. I smell fish.

:: Ayiana shook her head. Damn Caitian nose could pick out a smell at a hundred meters. And knowing Caitians, the fish was going to be raw. ::

Sevo: I defer to your nose then, Lieutenant.

:: The trio started off, dodging as best they could the increasing crowd of people. Being the Bajoran district during Ha’mara, most of the crowd were Bajorans, but there were quite a few Tyrellians and other species mingling about as well. ::

Sevo: So, Ensign. You’re a scientist too, huh?

Nightfur: Response

Sevo: I was the Chief Science Officer for several years before doing a stint as First Officer. Now I’m Research Coordinator for the Tyrellian Taskforce.

Nightfur: Response

Sevo: Its...I’m not sure how to describe it - it's a newly-created position. I more or less manage resources, supplies, and personnel regarding science projects across the task force. Does the Shavar need a geologist for a planetary survey? I reassign one from the Gorkon’s fleet. Need beryllium crystals for an experiment? I check the fleet’s manifest to see if a ship has any and request some transferred. :: Pausing. :: To be honest, I’m still figuring out the job.

L’rann: So basically, you’rre an Operations officerr for scientists?

:: Ayiana’s face drained of color and she stopped in her tracks. She slapped her cheeks in embarrassment. ::

Sevo: Oh, Gods, I *AM* an Ops officer, now!

L’rann: Therre, therre, it’s not so bad. :: She giggled. ::

Nightfur: Response

----------------------------

Lt. JG L’rann

Ops/Communications Officer