Lieutenant JG Groznin Smith - Conflict

Zech Tyler

Apr 5, 2019, 7:13:05 PM4/5/19
to sb118-...@googlegroups.com
((Tenacious Targ Cafe, Deluvia IV))

::The group of six had just finished their lunch and were starting to say their goodbyes, Groznin and Nova were sat next to each other opposite his parents in the Tenacious Targ cafe, it was a small establishment, only a handful of tables, suprisingly well lit for a Klingon restaurant too. They’d all had the same meal of a local fish, served on a bed of leafy green salad. Jang had gone for the more adventures option of Roasted Targ, and Groznins little sister had been given a small bowl of spaghetti. Jang was sitting at the end of the table next to his aunt, which was still confusing to Groznin. They seemed to be getting along really well, it made Groznin smile to see his son, adopted or not to be getting along so well with a sibling he didn’t know he had exsisted all but a few days ago. He picked up his glass of water and took a drink before carefully placing it back down on the table and looking up to his parents.::

F.Smith: Well, we better be off, it’s almost Vee’s nap time, if she doesn’t have her nap she gets moody. ::She laughed a little.::

R.Smith: Thank you son. It was good catching up with you. It was also great meeting you Nova. ::Smiling in the direction of her.::

O’Rien: It was great meeting you too Mr. Smith, ::turning to Frexal.:: You too Mrs. Smith.

::Groznin was the first to stand up, followed quickly by his mother, then his father. Nova turned to Jang to tell him they were going which Jang didn’t like too much. Groznin turned to see what the commotion was about and saw Jangs face clenching, and arms shaking slightly, he quickly walked over and picked his younger sister up so she didn’t have to see any of it, returning her to his mother, giving them both a hug as they departed. His father waved before taking his mother’s hand and walking off out the cafe. Furious he turned back to Jang and glared, Groznin didn’t usaly get this cross but occasionally he did, it wasn’t something he enjoyed doing but sometimes it was inevitable. In anger he pulled his comm badge out his pocket, quickly attaching it to his chest he pressed it and asked for three to be beamed directly to his quarters, they were beamed into the room and then Groznin turned to Jang.::

((Smith Family Quarters, USS Gorkon.))

Smith: Get to your room. I don’t care what you do in there just go.

Jang: What for!

::Jang shouted back, in almost as loud a voice as Groznin was shouting. They both were very angry, although up to this point no one had said as too why. Nova was standing awkwardly behind Groznin just watching everything not knowing each to do.::

Smith: First off all you embarrassed me in front of my parents, secondly you acted aggressive towards Nova when she told you we were going. It was unwarranted and needless.

Jang: The only reason I reacted is because I hate her, you only ever spend time with her anymore, you’ve forgotten about me. You only invited me on that dinner because you couldn’t find anyone to have me. I HATE YOU AND I HATE NOVA AND I WISH YOU NEVER ADOPTED ME!

::Furious with what Jang had just said Groznin lashed out, shouting with all his night at Jang to get to his room, he didn’t mean what he was saying but the words just kept coming out.:;

Smith: GET TO YOUR ROOM, AND STAY THERE TILL I SAY YOU CAN COME OUT. YOU’RE NOT COMING OUT TILL MORNING SO GET COMFORTABLE.

::At this point Nova stepped in and held Groznin back from the shoulder, trying to make sure he didn’t do anything stupid, in anger Groznin shoved his shoulder forward causing Nova to let go in a flinch. He walked forward and went too sit in his armchair he’d recently gotten. Nova walked over and sat on the arm of the chair gently stroking his back to calm him down. The only thing was, Groznin was still angry.::

O’Rien: I’m sure he doesn’t mean it Grozzy, I..

::She was interrupted.::

Smith: I’m sure he does. He’s Klingon, I’m a hybrid, What right did I have to adopt him. I should’ve handed him over to the Empire and got on with my life, perhaps I’d have a better relationship with my parents if I never adopted him. ::He laughed.::

O’Rien: Groznin Johnathon Torax Smith. You do not mean that! ::getting slightly annoyed with him.::

Smith: ::Under his breath::  I feel it at the moment

::Groznin looked to Nova, who gave him a cold look back, he wasn’t sure what he had said, she got up off the arm of the chair and walked to the other side of the room, taking the hair band out of her hair she let her hair down, having it flow over he shoulders. Following her Groznin got up off his chair and walked over to her.::

O’Rien: You need to take a long hard look at yourself mister, you don’t mean what you just said, and right now you’re not the man I love, you need to sort whatever issues you and Jang have out. I can’t have this anymore, for some reason Jang thinks you’re not spending enough time with him, Take him to the holodeck, watch a movie, do something but you need to do it with him and him alone.

::Groznin thought for a moment, he didn’t know how to respond. He hadn’t ever heard Nova get this cross before, and it was a new feeling, he took a deep breath, closed his eyes for a second before opening them and looking at Nova.::

Smith: But.. What about his punishment, he said he hated me and you. I can’t let that slide.

::He watched as Nova rolled her eyes.::

O’Rien: You don’t get it do you. ARGH! ::She threw her arms into the air:: FORGET THAT PUNISHMENT GROZNIN! Take away something from him, tell him he can’t have Pizza, just be his dad, not his friend. Still punish him, but you need to let him know you love him.

::Groznin nodded slowly, before taking a few steps back and sitting back down. He wasn’t sure what to do now and just sat in silence. It was the first argument he’d had with Nova, and he wasn’t sure how to react. He looked to her, she was just staring at him waiting for a response..::

O’Rien: Well.. I’m waiting. What are you going to do?

::He stood back up and scratched his forehead, before rubbing his chin. Thinking long and hard before he spoke as to try not annoy Nova anymore than he already had he walked over to her and took her hands, she dendied them.::

Smith: I’m... why’d you not take my hands?

O’Rien: Cause I’m annoyed with you that’s why. Look you need a serious think to yourself. I’m going now. Sort things out with Jang, and message me later. Then we’ll talk. Goodbye Groznin.

::Groznin watched as Nova walked out the room, into the corridors of the Gorkon, walking slowy away towards the turbo lift to take her to the deck in which her quarters were located. He took a long breath before waking through too his room and falling onto his bed.::

--
Lieutenant JG Groznin Smith