[G] JP- Lt. Skyfire & [PNPC] Ens. Porchevska: Wrath of Gabi Part 1 (No Tags)

chythar skyfire

Nov 27, 2014, 10:58:38 AM11/27/14
to Garuda IC

(( CMO’s Office, USS Garuda ))

:: As Dr. Gilaars left, he sat back down and began writing again. Ensign Knight had helped by immobilizing his wrist once she arrived. Dr. Gilora, for helping with the viral sequencing and ending his experiment before it got fatal, how she had a theory about the Maquis and its involvement in the pathogen. Nurse Greywin Fergus, for helping with the airborne antigen and sequencing. Dr. Gilaars for helping with the injectable version of the antigen. Lt. Trel'lis and PO Douglas, for their parts in riot control. And Cavlis, for bravely volunteering to test their antigen on him, as a Cardassian patient. ::

Porchevska: ::her voice was formal:: Doctor Skyfire?

:: He was still writing his report. It wasn't done. And he certainly hadn't been surprised to see Gabi, of all people. Given that he'd seen little of her during the crisis on DSX, it followed she would have come to seek him out to inquire about the paperwork. ::

Skyfire: :: in an equally formal tone :: Ensign Porchevska. Come in and have a seat.

:: As the door closed behind her and she sat down, he asked steadily ::

Skyfire : Can I get you anything?

Porchevska: ::her voice had a hard edge: A gland to improve my production of patience and understanding.

:: Her tone of voice was understandable. And he couldn't blame either Fergus or any of the other members of the medbay staff for talking about it. His approach was reckless, and he admitted as such to himself. He already added in his half-finished report that it was nearly fatal to him, and he did what he did based on a pattern from Argurtha. It could have been fatal to them as well.. He was still affected by the aura of calm that Raissa had been projecting, so when he spoke his voice was still level. ::

:: Since, however, all formality had been dispensed now that the door had closed behind her, he too, dropped it. ::

Skyfire: I really want to tell you, Gabi. :: Beat. :: You wouldn't like my reasoning for it.

Porchevska: Did you even take the time to think before deciding to be so frackin’ reckless?

Skyfire: Of course I did. It was time I didn't feel they had.  Believe me when I say I learned from this experience. It...I'm still trying to figure out how it changed me.

::Gabrielle jumped up from the chair and started pacing in front of his desk. While emotionally she was like an angry Terran lioness, she looked more like a miffed domestic kitten.::

Porchevska: Changed you? Does that mean you developed an inkling of common sense so you don’t repeat this stupidity?! You’re such an idiot!

:: This wasn't one of the conversations he wanted to have. At first, she was still angry at him. Yet, he could sense something within her voice he hadn't noticed before: anger and concern mixed together. The anger seemed to fade, and another emotion mixed into it. Not the sort of love one would feel for a lover, but as a friend loves. When her voice softened, he seemed relieved by it. Though how even to begin to explain, he had no idea. ::

Skyfire: I saw...something. Most of the images still aren't making much sense, but I can tell you this. It was a message to me that I need to evolve my social skills. And R-- :: Beat :: Counselor Moonsong had something to do with it. I heard her name over and over...and apparently I called out to her. Somehow.

Porchevska: ::she was hit with another flash of anger as she paced.: Raissa… She was projecting….  Without touching… She could have given herself permanent brain damage if I hadn’t made Kellie bring her back to the ship.

::She paced. Occasionally stomping. She was an angry elf. Which meant she wasn’t putting some of the clues together. She spat another kittenish growl of frustration.::

Porchevska: Of all the selfish… self absorbed… arrogant… ::she used a word that would make even her human father blanch in surprise.:: I don’t know whether to slap you or kiss you senseless! Of course the latter would be redundant!

:: He pinched the bridge of his nose when he felt the anger. oO Get used to it, CD. You’ll be feeling this. A lot. Oo  His eyes closed, and a hint of a Russian accent slipped into his words. ::

Skyfire:  You’re missing a few pieces of the puzzle. When I saw that...that vision...as the antigen kicked in, that is when I apparently called out to her. From what Trel’lis told me, I guess that happened without my realizing it. I think I consciously did it at least once after the fact. Right before the Garuda sent down reinforcements, she reached out to me. And isn’t a T4. :: He steadily got up from behind his desk and walked around it, leaving the half finished report on his console. :: I’m still trying to sort out the images.

TBC

======

Lieutenant JG Raissa Moonsong

Counselor