[DSX] Lt. JG. Alora DeVeau - "I'm A Nut!" (Calavera, Kotir, Saveron, any at theatre)

Amanda Nordstrom

Jan 15, 2014, 3:56:22 PM1/15/14
to Garuda
((Theatre; Deep Space Ten))

Delano: Hm, how many of you are familiar with the story?
Mar�chal-Ferrant: Do /enlighten/ those who have not yet had the
/delight/ of knowing the story. ::He encouraged.::
*DeVeau: I know the story!*
*
**::Alora raised her hand and executed a little hop which was, of
course, accompanied by a grin.::*
*
**DeVeau: I've even read the original Peter Pan play, In Kensington
Gardens, oh, and the novelisation of it too! *
*
**::Maybe she should get Saveron to read it. It would have to be on her
recommendation list.::*
Mar�chal-Ferrant: You /dear/ lady, you sir and you sir. ::He indicated
Alora, Manuel and Arith respectively.:: Our lost boys.
*::Alora didn't hear him for she'd gotten caught up in explaining the
story to someone else who had no idea what it entailed and was a little
too animated as she explained it in detail.::*

Calavera/Kotir: ?

((Backstage; Theatre; Deep Space Ten))

Saveron: One is uncertain as to the purpose of this performance.
*::Once the story had been explained, Alora joined the rest of the
impromptu actors and actresses back stage. As soon as she heard
Saveron's statement, a grin returned to her face. Ah, Vulcans.
Especially that Vulcan.::*

Belasi: ?
Saveron: These �costumes� are particularly illogical.

*::Alora sidled up alongside the tall pointy-eared man and giggled. She
couldn't **/wait/**to see Saveron in his role.::*

DeVeau: It will be fun, you'll see. *Just pretend you're Saavok and
you'll be perfect for the part.*

:: She shot a double thumbs up in the direction of Saveron then turned
to Mar�chal-Ferrant.::

DeVeau: So what do you want me to do and who do you want me to be?

Mar�chal-Ferrant: You /my dear /are one of our Lost Boys, or a Lost Girl
as you prefer. Cody should have your� ah, here he is!
*::Alora accepted the costume that a young man passed along to her
without really looking at it.::*

DeVeau: I'm going to have fun no matter what role I play. I enjoy this
sort of thing.

Mar�chal-Ferrant: /Excellent!/ That is /exactly/ the kind of spirit I am
looking for. It /will/ be fun, I promise, and the more fun you have with
it, the more fun it will be!

DeVeau: Works for me! Yay!

*::Now that her role was secure, Alora examined the costume.::

DeVeau: YES! I'm a squirrel! Whoowhoo!

::Who cared about acting like an adult, she was going to be a lost boy!
The girl hurried off to change into her costume. She reappeared, busy
tail flapping behind her and her nose wiggling in glee. As soon as she
spied the other 'lost boys', she quickly joined them.::

DeVeau: Ha! I got the squirrel costume!

::She chittered in a manner that would have been rather convincing to
those who knew what a squirrel sounded like.::

DeVeau: Could I be Nibs? No wait...wait, I want to be Slightly! Slightly
plays flutes and has musical talent. I can play the tin whistle s
little. Could I be slightly?

*Calavera/Kotir?

*DeVeau: Awesome! Yes! I'm Slightly the squirrel!

::She chittered again, her enjoyment far too obvious to be ignored.::

DeVeau: I need a nut.

::But there wasn't one to be found. Anywhere. Oh wait, there was one.::

DeVeau: Saveron! Over here!

::She waved to the stick-man and urged him with an enthusiastic motion
of her paw for him to join them.::

DeVeau: Look! I'm a squirrel! I'm Slightly! ::She paused.:: You really
should read the stories...You are going to be an awesome John.

::Or an amusing one at the very least!::

DeVeau: Ooo! I have the perfect song I can sing while wearing this!
*
CALAVERA/KOTIR/SAVERON?

*DeVeau: I'm a little coconut, I live in a little grass hut, people come
and step on me, that is why I'm cracked you see, I'm a nut.

::At that point, Alora lifted a paw, curled it into a fist, then tapped
it against her head twice while clicking her tongue and repeated it
after she sang the last three words again.::

DeVeau: I'm a nut. ::Click click:: I'm a nut, I'm a nut, I'm a nut.
::Click click.::

::Maaaaybe she shouldn't have had that triple chocolate decadent delight
milkshake with extra fudge ripple right before coming...::

*RESPONSE?*
*