JP: Webber, Falls, & Udas: Galaxy Class Confusion

Rich

Apr 12, 2015, 3:13:51 AM4/12/15
to sb118-...@googlegroups.com

((Docking Terminal, Deep Space 10))

::To say the night had been wild would have been the understatement of the decade.::

::In the grand scheme of things, it was probably a good thing the manager of the The Watering Hole had told them to go home. Lieutenants JG Jess Webber and Nick Falls had started to attract some unwanted attention. Well mostly, Jess. Especially after she started taunting some of the other patrons and their choice of alcohol.::

::As the operations officer staggered back to the docking terminal, her friend and tactical officer held his arms around her to keep her from falling down.::

Webber: I can't believe she even has the balls to call that place a bar! Pffft! I've had better drinks made at a lemonade stand!

Falls: Uh-huh, sure.

Webber: Besides… I think we really livened that place up. She should be thanking *us* and giving us another round if anything!

Falls: Wait - did we need to pay them . . . ?

::As the two continued to stumble, they finally reached the docking terminal, and through the large windows, a view of the majestic Galaxy class starship they called home could be seen.::

::Or… two of them? Jess looked up, her eyes widening. Hmmm, maybe she did have too much to drink if she was seeing double.::

Webber: Yeah, I want to go home now.

::She grabbed onto Nick’s shoulder.::

Falls: You know what? This is proof that you drink way more than I do.

Webber: Not my fault you’re such a lightweight.

::And so they stumbled back through the airlock and stepped onto the familiar, comforting carpet of the Federation starship.::

::They didn't make it far, though, before they were confronted by someone in security.::

::Ensign Hornsby had been watching the party of officers stumble down the corridor for some time.  He didn’t recognize any of them, but on a ship as large as the Constitution, you could days without seeing a familiar face.  He had the unfortunate duty of manning the airlock leading to his ship during the graveyard shift.  The tiny corridor wasn’t much to look at, but from his position standing just outside the airlock, he was able to see the comings and goings of the promenade area.  The past few nights, which had been admittedly boring, had been spent standing by the airlock, watching the rest of the crew and station enjoy their shore leave.  By the time his shift ended at 0700, he was usually far too tired to do anything of note and had spent the past few days curled up sleeping.::

::However, as the officers approached, Hornsby had the slightest sensation that something was amiss.  After more than five years working security, he had developed an acute sense of knowing when something was up and when something wasn’t.  And something seemed up.::

::As the officers approached, Hornsby raised his hands, palms up, stopping the group.::

Hornsby:  Evening folks.  What’s going on here?

Webber: What's it look like we're doing? Never seen a pair of friends coming back from leave after having a good time?

::Hornsby’s eyebrow twitched a bit.  He hadn’t spent four years at the Academy training to combat hostile aliens and protect his crew to deal with some drunken fools.  But he had also learned calming tactics at the Academy and he chose to put those to use instead of physical violence.::

Hornsby:  I’m only asking some simple questions, here Lieutenant.  It seems you’ve had a few drinks and there is nothing wrong with that.   I don’t seem to recognize you and there are two Galaxy-class ships docked at the station right now.

Falls: We just want to-

::Before he could finish, Jess was already pushing him aside to confront this badgering ensign.::

Webber: Whaddya mean this isn't my ship? You think we don't know what our own damn ship looks like, Ensign?! I'm drunk, not blind!

Falls: Or polite.

::Hornsby knew he was talking to a superior officer and proper demeanor had to be kept.  However, he was now almost certain that these officers were in fact from the Garuda and not the Constitution.  He folded his arms across his chest and continued to block the passage.::

Falls: Look, we’ve had a long night, and I’m just taking us back home.

::It would have been much easier however if his half Gideon friend had decided to to go easier on the alcohol. She’d insisted of course on the real thing, not synthehol.::

::The original intent for their little adventure was for her to become less bored and allow him to go back to bed - changing from Gamma shift back to Beta shift wasn’t the easiest thing for the laid back Trill. So while he wasn’t entirely in the best of forms, and certainly couldn’t be allowed on duty in his current state, Nick still had some sense of logic and reason.

::Jess, however, seemed to be a completely different story. Another crewman walked by, though, catching her attention.::

Webber: Psh, if this weren't my ship, what's Carson doing over there? Hey, what's up, Carson?

Crewman: ::continuing to walk away:: Uh, what?

Webber: Haha, good one. See ya later, Carson!

::Hornsby had seen enough.  These two needed to spend the night in the brig sleeping off their night.  He wouldn’t recommend charges; the only thing they’d have to deal with in the morning was there hangover.::

::As he took a step towards one of the Lieutenants, they continued talking about the random individual who just walked past them.  Hornsby conjectured that they didn’t even know the man.::

oO Sheesh, what were they drinking? I can smell it on their uniforms Oo

::She looked back at the security officer.::

Webber: Psh, he's like that all the time.

---

Lieutenant JG Jess Webber

Operations Officer, USS Garuda

&