[G] Capt. C. Egan Manno: Ribbons, Ribbons Everywhere (All!)

Tony

Aug 2, 2014, 2:13:37 PM8/2/14
to sb118-...@googlegroups.com
(( Bridge ))

Egan Manno: Admiral, there's nothing my crew would have overlooked.

Teylock: I would accept your word, Captain Egan Manno, as the word of an appointed commanding officer of a Federation starship -- but you understand that, because your former first officer is a wanted felon, and that much of his crimes took place, unseen, aboard this vessel, I would like to investigate myself.

:: She almost growled at him. She'd met insufferable Vulcans before, but Rear Admiral Teylock of Starfleet JAG had to be, if not the worst, then certainly the tallest: He was maybe three dozen centimeters over two meters, and his voice let her know it, too. She hadn't been talked down to in such a way since she was an ensign, and even then she hadn't resented it because she'd known (well, some part of her had known; most of her had just wanted to prove herself) that she had a lot to learn. But now? The way Teylock was talking, a passerby might've thought that she was culpable in Ross's actions herself!

However, she bit down her anger and offered the stone-faced Teylock a smile. He wouldn't like that, she knew. He wouldn't like especially because she shouldn't be smiling after what he'd said. Good. ::

Egan Manno: You'll have whatever resources you need at your disposal.

:: Yes, that took him aback, but he recovered almost immediately. ::

Teylock: I would expect nothing else.

:: With that, he was off to investigate Ross's quarters and then, if he was true to his word, track down Quinn Reynolds. Cassie had heard that Quinn's father was on the station, visiting her, and she sincerely hoped that Teylock didn't see fit to go to her in the middle of a necessary reunion.

Now, with Teylock out of the way (momentarily; he'd be back to interrogate her about Rahman, too, she knew), she sat in her seat and, alone on the bridge, called for the computer to open the channel she'd preprogrammed. It was the work of a few moments, but then the viewscreen shifted. ::

Egan Manno: Greetings, Councilor.

Prianna: Captain Egan Manno. ::beat:: I thought you might call.

Egan Manno: Yes. I'd like to know what you know about the taskforce that Starfleet--

Prianna: If at all possible, Captain, not now. Soon. When I arrive. But not yet. This channel is open.

Egan Manno: All respect, Councilor, but it's not. The Garuda--

Prianna: Is in orbit of a station currently being retrofitted as half-Cardassian. Trust me: Wait. I'll be there inside of an hour.

:: The channel snapped off, leaving Cassie more than worried. Prianna was not the sort of woman, in Cassie's experience, who made hasty decisions or became troubled without cause. Whatever this was, and whether or not Gul Lleynor's hints were correct, she couldn't deny that there was something happening out there.

Well, she thought after a moment, no time to agonize about it without knowing what it was. With Teylock on one hand, Prianna's approach on the other, and who-knew-what-else waiting in-between, it was time to do something nice. She ordered the computer to open a channel to all personnel, and it did so in a moment. ::

Egan Manno: =/\= May I have your attention, please? This is the captain, and I ask that you forgive the interruption as I have some awards and recognitions to offer to you and to your crewmates.

=/\= First, to Lieutenant Commander Nia Calderan, the Garuda's new first officer, who will receive the Good Conduct Ribbon for her handling of the difficult situation in Bocasa. I would also like to recognize Commander Calderan with the Prisoner of War Ribbon, in recognition of the hardship she and her team endured. Dr. Gilaars and Ensign Ignis will also receive the POW Ribbon in recognition, as will Lieutenant Jade Shryker, who has recently accepted a transfer to the USS Gemini. Finally, I would like to recognize Captain Quinn Reynolds with the POW Ribbon.

:: Cassie paused there. Should she say anything more about Quinn's receipt of the medal? Surely the whole ship knew by now, and she didn't particularly want to bring up the fact of Ross's wrongdoing again, not if she could avoid it. She couldn't, of course, not with Quinn's award; but she could at least spare her friend the indignity of having the experience replayed on the open comm channel. ::

=/\= Lieutenant Commander Alleran Tan, in recognition of his injury in the line of duty, will receive the Purple Heart. Doctors Mark Ricks and Chythar Skyfire will receive Silver Lifesaving Ribbons; these recognize the doctors' important actions in saving the lives of fellow Starfleet officers.

:: Again she paused. There was more latitude here, if she needed it, but she was reasonably certain that Skyfire's actions during and after their chase -- and their visit to that decrepit station -- qualified him for the ribbon. In any event, even if Dr. Ricks had since left on an LOA, a Silver Lifesaving Ribbon was an excellent award for a medical officer to possess. ::

=/\= Lieutenant Commander Mei'konda's actions aboard the Garuda during the crisis have earned him the Legion of Merit. His efforts to coordinate multiple fronts, including the Thunderbird's stranded away team, the away team captured by Bocasa's cult protestors, and the mitigation efforts following the multiple acts of sabotage aboard the Garuda, certainly earn him this recognition.

=/\= I would like to recognize all officers active in the mission to Pleethion with the Diplomacy Ribbon. Your efforts during and after the evacuations, though they were mostly unnecessary, nevertheless helped affix the notion of Starfleet's use and helpfulness in the minds of the Eth.

=/\= Finally, two official commendations. First, to Lieutenant Alora DeVeau, whose work on the surface of Pleethion revealed a large network of mines buried, for reasons yet unknown, under the planet's surface but near to the mud dome. Without that discovery, it is possible that any subsequent efforts would have not only failed but would have made the situation much worse.

=/\= Second, to Lieutenant Evan Delano, whose proactive thinking during the first acts of sabotage -- specifically, the sealing of the areas around the Jeffries tube control room -- prevented wider and much more serious damage to the ship.

=/\= Please accept my congratulations, and please offer your own to your colleagues. =/\=

Tag! and TBC!

Captain Cassandra Egan Manno
CO, USS Garuda