[G] Capt. C. Egan Manno: Meetings I (Shryker, Delano, Trel'lis, DeVeau, O'Malley)

Tony

Mar 30, 2014, 12:17:44 AM3/30/14
to sb118-...@googlegroups.com
(( CRR: Delano & Shryker ))

:: Cassie stood as the chime on her door rang at the second 1358 became 1359. Excellent: They were very slightly early. She called for her first guests to enter, and nodded that Lieutenant Shryker and Lieutenant JG Delano should have a seat. ::

EGAN MANNO: Lieutenant Shryker, I'm pleased to see that you're back on your feet. How long have you been out of Sickbay?

SHRYKER: ?

EGAN MANNO: Then your recovery should be complete?

SHRYKER: ?

EGAN MANNO: That's excellent news. Mr. Delano, I heard that you participated in some adventures, too. I understand you accompanied Councilor Prianna and discovered some measure of sabotage aboard her transport?

DELANO: ?

EGAN MANNO: Well, from the way I've heard her talk, she's very grateful for your help.

DELANO: ?

:: Cassie sat back in her chair. She'd never done this before, and while she'd been a participant in (and sometimes an unwilling subject of) reassignments and promotions before, this was her first time doing so as the commanding officer of a starship. ::

EGAN MANNO: I've called you both in here because I've been impressed with your excellent work. (beat) Lieutenant Commander Handley-Page has been reassigned, and so we need a new chief of security and tactical. Lieutenant Shryker, I hope that will be you -- and Lieutenant Delano, I hope you'll consent to be her assistant chief.

SHRYKER / DELANO: ?

( OOC: I'll backsim any responses here! )

(( CRR: Trel'lis ))

:: Cassie's meeting with Shryker and Delano had proceeded more quickly than she'd thought, and she was left with a few minutes before Trel'lis's arrival. It was just as well, though; she had more formalities to process here, and she had to get the PADDwork in order. She was ready, though, by the time the chime rang and she invited Trel'lis inside. ::

EGAN MANNO: Lieutenant, please have a seat.

TREL'LIS: ?

EGAN MANNO: I'll get right to it: Your work as the liaison between the security and tactical divisions has been fine, Lieutenant, but now that those divisions are no longer separate departments as they were on the Mercury for a time, we no longer have need of a liaison between the two. However, your personnel files show that you have a good handle on the diplomacy and finesse necessary to have made such a position work. Therefore, you were the first on the top of a short list to be considered for this new position.

TREL'LIS: ?

EGAN MANNO: You're to be the diplomatic aide to the new Starfleet attaché, Lieutenant Commander Nia Calderan. Here.

:: She handed a PADD over to Trel'lis. ::

TREL'LIS: ?

EGAN MANNO: Your orders to report to Commander Calderan and your clearances to work with the Starfleet Diplomatic Corps. Commander Calderan will no doubt have further instructions for you, both from her and the SDC, about your new position; you should prepare immediately for her arrival.

TREL'LIS: ?

( OOC: I'll backsim any responses here. )

(( CRR: DeVeau / O'Malley ))

:: Next to the engineering section, Cassie nursed the softest spot for the sciences; this was no doubt a relic of her time in R&D. The Garuda's mission of exploration was a further way for her to explore and develop that interest, though she had to admit than on a ship of one thousand plus, that meant there were a lot of scientists. She was especially cognizant of that fact as she welcomed in her next guests. ::

EGAN MANNO: Lieutant DeVeau, Mr. O'Malley, please, have a seat.

DeVEAU / O'MALLEY: ?

EGAN MANNO: Lieutenant DeVeau, I hope you've been well since our excursion on Rho Aurigae IV?

DeVEAU: ?

EGAN MANNO: Good! Keeping busy, I expect?

DeVEAU: ?

EGAN MANNO: And I'll hope to discuss it further with you, as well -- but today, I'd like to discuss another matter. (beat) This is a large ship with an extensive science department, Alora. I need someone to coordinate it. I'd like that person to be you.

DeVEAU: ?

EGAN MANNO: True, but there is no one with your record, your connections, or your determination. (beat) I also haven't been stuck on an alien planet with any of the other science officers. Perhaps that counts for something.

DeVEAU: ?

EGAN MANNO: Congratulations, Lieutenant -- but I must warn you, there are dozens upon dozens of officers, enlisted personnel, and civilians spread across this ship, all in the sciences. You'll have your work cut out for you to engage with them all.

DeVEAU: ?

EGAN MANNO: However, you'll have good people in your department, I know -- which is why I'm pleased to have asked you here, too, Ensign.

DeVEAU / O'MALLEY: ?

EGAN MANNO: Your performance was reviewed favorably by Lieutenant Commanders Rahman and Handley-Page, and I've had a chance to see what happened aboard the Garuda during the Kubarey takeover, and I'm similarly impressed.

:: Cassie slipped out from her first desk drawer a small, velvet box. She opened it, showing the hollow pip within to O'Malley. ::

EGAN MANNO: Congratulations, Lieutenant, junior grade O'Malley. I trust you'll continue your good work for our new chief, eh?

DeVEAU / O'MALLEY: ?

Tag! and TBC!

Captain Cassandra Egan Manno
CO, USS Garuda