[G] Ens Pods Lexicon: Exponetial Hyper Growth - tag: Dunross, King, Del Vedova

Pods Lexicon

Jan 10, 2015, 6:30:32 AM1/10/15
to sb118-...@googlegroups.com

((Shuttle Bay - Garuda))

Dunross: Well contrary to Ensign Pods' initial impression, I'd say this place is anything BUT safe.

:: Pods looked over, with that comment raising his left eyebrow and thought there was no real way to know how safe they were until they surveyed the area as which his first glance was wrong.   ::

King: ::Turning to Dunross, dryly.:: You’ll need to check that in with the Armory once we figure out things onboard.

Dunross: ?

Rahman: We should help the crew find a way to stop these plants from spreading. You two are the science officers... anyone a botanist or a biologist?

Pods:  We might be able to work around that but…::looking down at his tricorder::  I need to know the genetics of the plant life and or how and why they are growing so fast?.

:: The shuttle group panned out to survey the area... ::

Anyone-response?

Pod: Plants seem to be growing faster than even a diseased cancer cell would grow, they are in a hyper-growth rate.  If you cut them in half both halves will grow twice as fast.

Anyone-response?

Pods: There may indeed be a way to use their growth rate against them.., I will analyze these readings for a possible way, to overcome the weed like infestations.  Give me a moment.

::Pods stepped away from the group and airdropped the tricord’s readings to his personal PADD.  ::

Rahman: You stay here like the commander said. I'll go find Lieutenant DeVeau. If anyone can help, it'd be her.

Del Vedova: ::incredulous:: You're not just leaving?

Dunross:  ?

Rahman: Don't worry about me! I still remember my way around.

King: ::Shouting:: Commander, I pro… ::meekly:: test.

:: At least she'd taken a tricorder, Del thought. If only she'd also taken a miniature torpedo tube. Or Dunross's sword. ::

King: Well, guys. ::Dryly:: Should we setup the evacuation center first and then do ice-breakers, or vice-versa?

:: And despite the kamikaze charge of his best friend, Del smiled slightly. He responded to such situations only with humor, and he was glad for anyone who did the same. ::

Del Vedova: The former, I reckon. If this is an evac point, we'll be up to our eyes in evacuees soon. ::beat, nodding to King:: Above yours and mine. Well above, I'd guess.

Dunross: Not to ask a stupid question, but seeing as this plant is obviously intelligent and aggressive, does anyone know where it actually is?  Besides the branches and vines I mean, there must be some sort of nerve center, brain or what-have-you.

King: ?

Del Vedova: Well, gentlemen, what do you think? Defensive perimeter -- phasers, force fields, and some weed killer?

Dunross::Whacking another vine:: : Actually, I would suggest evacuating and then gassing a section of the ship to kill any traces there, then from that section we retake a bit at a time.  But then, I'm new here so what do I know?

Del Vedova / King: ?

Pods: I think the a defense perimeter would hold for only so long then it would collapse.  We need a way to beat the plants offensive attack.  What about..,  ::he looked up at the shuttle group.::

::Scratching his head.::

Pods: I was thinking this,.. about the doubling the plants growth,..like - exponentially ??

Dunross / Del Vedova / King: ?

Pods: No, I don’t think we will die faster but, ::smirking:: but the plants will die much much faster.  in the genetic growth hormones is an end of sequence coded gene.  The plants will grow so fast that they will soon loose the substances they are growing from..

Dunross / Del Vedova / King: ?

::As they talked about ways and means to kill the plants, the plants themselves had started to die.. first slowly then quicker. ::

Pods: No, I had not tried anything yet. :: looking at his tricorder readings:: the plants are dying,.. I don't know why,..???

Dunross / Del Vedova / King: ?

-----

tbc

Ensign Pods Lexicon