[SHU] Ens Pods Lexicon: humming birds mid-flight: (tags)

Pods Lexicon

Jan 16, 2015, 7:19:36 AM1/16/15
to sb118-...@googlegroups.com

((Shuttle-bay: Garuda))

King: ::Nodding:: That makes sense. There is usually a slight hum on board smaller ships too, right? I could recall hearing one as we made our way over to the Garuda. They are similar, right?

::Pods Lexicon the Ensign was out of his element.  He stood there and did not know how to hold his hands if to put them behind him or in front and it was starting to worry the new ensign.  He could redesign a plasma conduit from the ground up but would his hands be more comfortable at his side or in front or on his hips,.. he started to get nervous but did not know what this awkwardness was leading too… ::

Pods: In a way King.  But this might be just a normal hum and the problem with the plants could be of a choice all their own?  I don’t think the plants would just up and die like that so there needs to be a reason or solution that is much more simple… I know most problems have simple solutions right?

Vistain: Trust me, it's different from the normal hum of the engines you hear.

King: So, if I am hearing this correctly. It’s time to rev up the engines on these craft and send these shuttles out of here. ::Taking a moment to consider.::

Del Vedova: How do you mean, Ensign?

Pods: So for all intents and purposes the shuttles were on a one way trip from ds10 as the whole we punched into the protoplasma cloud worked to get us in and the other shuttle out, I do not see that helping these shuttles again.? Because the act of getting the other shuttle out locked us in.

Vistain: Response

King: ::Motioning to the Shuttle-bay door.:: We are very likely going to have crew coming through those doors any minute and we need to evacuate them. Could we maneuver these shuttles closer to the door to drive them from the entrance? If we can replicate the same specifics from Dunross’ sword, if we find why it is so effective, we could then clear some evacuation routes for the crew.

Dunross: There's nothing special about the sword other than the fact that it's sharp, heavy and I swing it hard enough to cut through living vines. We humans have made some improvement in our metal alloys and blade design over the ancient Assyrians in the last three thousand years.

Del Vedova: And we're all glad you have it, Chief -- but I see what you mean, Mr. King.

Pods: Well yes the vines are not glad for the blade but that makes us much safer then before was.

Vistain: Response?

King: ::Turning to Del Vedova and Vistain.:: Sirs, I volunteer to scout the hallways while you get the shuttlecraft in position. We don’t know how much time we have left and crew are no doubt closing in. I don’t want them to run into an ambush.

Dunross: Best I go with you kid before the physicist gives me a headache.

Del Vedova: We'll have fewer folks to pilot the shuttles, but it may be that we need only one to drive the vines back. However....

Pods: I think there should be two as well on the vine patrol one to watch the others back, so to speak.

Vistain: Response

::King considered the observation and nearly smacked his forehead.::

::Ensign Lexicon could tell this was a face palm moment that Kodak was not going to get...::

King: oO Duh. We will still need to evacuate people off the ship with the other shuttles while one of the other shuttles, hopefully, holds the vines at bay. Oo ::He nodded, turning his attention back to the group::

Pods: Ok we need to tie up these plants before they take over and tie us up.

Response... King or Vistain?

::Pods watched as Ensign King chopped the vines back with a powerful attack chop motion. ::

Pods: I do not want to die at the hands,,,  or vines of some plant.

:: Pods hands were now in his way and he still did not know how to handle the hand situation front or back,.. If he were to lift say his right hand to his chin and twiddle his beard would that go unquestioned as just a posture pose and dismissed by the others standing there...yes he thought but he still had no idea why this bothered him at all… then the dreaded hand shaking occurred and well Pods had not noticed his hands shaking so… that once he did he immediately stopped the shaking and looked to see if anyone noticed… the fears of some kind of problem had ruminate about his psyche but played havoc on his nervous ...getting ready to scream he just muffled what he could and paused to reflect on his presense there.

Response... King or Vistain? Del Vedova...??

tbc-tags

Pods Lexicon

Science Officer

USS Garuda

((1OOC: going to attempt a third sim with the evacuation going on in a kind of on going loops

2OOC:simmed while I finished this music here and then listened to it back---

http://ice9.soonlabel.com/blog/  this is my blog and I posted the space music loops to my blog just before - when the computer finished the rendering of the mp3… these are optional mp3 downloadings for you to enjoy anytime they inspire me while simming and that is usually why I make them…

3OOC: If I am lost in the eddies of winding whirlwinds of protoplasma, please, in an attempting to contact me might just focus my thoughts with your thoughts :),.. it is all good

4OOC: I think I could of deleted something I thought was redundant but was not... as I am unsure it was unintentional as well. sorry ==))