[G] Capt. C. Egan Manno: Some Appreciation (no tags)

Tony

Oct 10, 2014, 1:07:08 AM10/10/14
to sb118-...@googlegroups.com
( OOC: Here are this mission's service ribbons! Please note, for those of you who received commendations either this mission or last, that we're working on a graphic for that award, and records of commendations will be added to the redone awards page soon [and thanks to Kat for the awards page redesign!].)

(( Ready Room ))

:: Once she had returned to her ready room, it was the work of a few minutes to put the finishing touches on her statements that would accompany the service ribbons and commendations for this mission. Ribbons for junior officers would be handled by the appropriate department heads, but she liked to recognize the senior staff publicly. ::

EGAN MANNO: Computer, prepare to open a comm channel to all Garuda personnel. For any persons who may be unreachable, record the contents of the comm for their review and provide a copy to them.

:: The computer bleeped. Cassie tapped her comm badge, speaking both to her empty ready room and also to her entire staff. ::

EGAN MANNO: =/\= This is Captain Egan Manno to all personnel. Please forgive the interruption of your shore leave, but I would like to recognize the actions of a few officers during our previous mission. I'll ask your attention only for a few moments.

=/\= First, I would like to recognize Lieutenant Commander Tristam Core, our new chief engineer, whose actions aboard the Mercury resulted in his being wounded in the line of duty. For this, I recognize him with the Purple Heart. Further, his actions during the hostage crisis aboard the Mercury and his efforts to save that ship from destruction were successful and quite worthy of extraordinary recognition. For this, I also award him the Good Conduct Ribbon. Congratulations, Commander! =/\=

=/\= Next, Lieutenant Evan Delano. Lieutenant Delano performed in the best traditions of heroic officers by putting himself in mortal danger to save the life of a fellow crew member by occupying an aggressor; he has certainly earned the Silver Lifesaving Ribbon. In addition, he, like Commander Core, was invaluable in dealing with the hostage situation and subsequent efforts to avoid destruction aboard the Mercury, and he will also receive the Good Conduct Ribbon. Congratulations, Lieutenant! =/\=

=/\= Lieutenant Tarsii Asmara had been assigned to the Garuda for only a short time when he was called upon to assist in some large-scale crises. His rapid analysis from afar of the mutated beings aboard the stardrive section was both timely and highly appreciated by the officers aboard the stardrive -- as I myself can attest. For his good work, I recognize him with the Captain's Commendation. Congratulations, Lieutenant! =/\=

=/\= Finally, I'd like to acknowledge the entire Mercury away team: Lieutenant Commanders Calderan and Core, Lieutenants Delano, DeVeau, and Trel'lis, and Doctor Skyfire. An away team rarely has the luxury of knowing exactly what they'll encounter on a mission, but they are also rarely put into situations in which their mortal well-being will be actively threatened. Not only did the away team cope with just such a situation, they also managed to fulfill the mission objectives and deliver the Mercury back into Starfleet's hands. For this, I recognize each of them with the Captain's Commendation. Congratulations! =/\=

=/\= Please congratulate these officers at your leisure. For all officers who were honored, you will find records of your ribbons and commendations on your official records, and you may report to the quartermaster at your leisure for a physical ribbon or commendation to add to your ribbon cluster. Thank you for your attention. Egan Manno, out. =/\=

TBC!

Captain Cassandra Egan Manno
CO, USS Garuda