Lieutenant Ben Garcia - Take your seats (Tags: Any/Quen/Pandorn)

Ben Garcia

Sep 20, 2019, 4:18:29 PM9/20/19
to sb118-...@googlegroups.com

((Main Ballroom – Embassy – Duronis II.))

Kerr elbowed Ben.

Kerr: Shut up will you – something’s starting.

Garcia: :: Confused. :: Eh? What are y-

Ben caught himself mid-sentence. Something was starting: the chinking chime of a champagne glass was carried through the ballroom on a swelling undercurrent of shushes. Ben joined the crowd, and angled himself for a better view. It was the Admiral. Ben listened.

Turner: Please find your seats so the waiters can take your dinner orders before the festivities begin.

Torsos turned, and conversation flowed again. This time with electricity – there was a sense something had begun.

Ben swigged the dregs of his rum and rested the glass back on the bar. The bartender smiled and nodded at the empty glass. Ben cusped his neck: a second wouldn’t hurt with dinner. Ben nodded to the bartender, and then glanced over at Kerr, saw he’d nearly finished, and signalled for two more rum and gingers. The bartender nodded and set two fresh glasses on the bar.

Garcia: :: Calling over the din to Kerr. :: Where you sitting? With D’an?

Kerr: :: Checking the invite. :: Looks like it. Think it’s a department table. :: Playfully. :: Sure that’ll be riveting.

The bartender unfolded two clean serviettes, and placed them on the bar before setting the drinks down.

Garcia: :: Chidingly. :: Here, take this. :: Ben passed a drink over with the serviette trailing underneath. :: That should numb the pain.

Kerr laughed.

Garcia: :: Ben checked his invite. :: I’m somewhere over there. With the crew.

Kerr: Right, let’s split then, or we’ll never get our food sorted.

Ben nodded.

Garcia: Good point. Catch you after food.

The two nodded bye, and headed to their tables, drinks in hand.

Ben weaved through the tables. Rogue chairs forced him to alter course, or enter into small talk to get the thing moved. Eventually, Ben found a place at the crew table, although most the seats were now taken.

Garcia: :: Bumping the back of a chair. :: Sorry!

Any: Response?

Garcia: I was at the bar. :: Smiling. :: Should have made a move sooner. Can I jump in this seat?

Any: Response?

((OOC: Happy to pad out and backsim.))

Seated, Ben placed his food order just as the Admiral took up her position and began to address the attendees again.

Turner: Before we introduce our guests of honour, I have a few announcements to make. If you hear your name called, please come to the front of the dais . . . Lieutenant Alexander Brodie, Ensign Daylan Daroo, Lieutenant JG Quen Deena, Lieutenant JG Lorian Lovar, Lieutenant JG Ben Garcia, and Lt Commander Boris Hendon.

As they all came to the front, Toni and Pandorn stepped to the front with them.

Turner: As of this moment the following are promoted in rank and/or status with all the duties and amenities of the rank. :: Pinning each with their new pip as she called their names. ::

Alexander Brodie to Lt. Commander and Chief Counsellor

Daylan Daroo to Lieutenant JG and Chief of Security

Quen Deena to Lieutenant and Chief Medical Officer

Lorian Lovar to Lieutenant and Chief of Science

Ben Garcia to Lieutenant and Second Officer/HCO

Lt Commander Boris Hendon to Chief Surgeon.

Congratulations for a job well done.

Toni led the applause, and the attendees joined in; it was a joyous moment.

An expression of confused surprise framed Ben’s face. As Ben shook hands and patted the backs of those around him, he caught the Counsellor’s eye; Brodie gave a slight wink and a smile. Ben nodded a thank you back to Brodie as his eyes widened in disbelief.

Quen: :: To Daroo. :: Congratulations.

Ben nodded to Quen.

Garcia: :: Smiling. :: Congrats Quen. :: Ben paused a beat. :: CMO! It’s mad. :: Checking himself. :: I mean totally deserved, but … :: Ben’s smile grew. :: … could you imagine? When we first started in that little shuttle?

Quen: Response?

Ben shook his head and shifted his weight from one leg to the other.

Garcia: Everyone worked so hard. :: Ben nodded in Lovar’s direction. :: Especially Lovar and yourself on that cure.

Quen: Response?

Garcia: :: Smiling. :: Thanks.

Turning back to face the ballroom, a waving hand caught Ben’s attention. Ben, still in shock, took a double take: it was D’an and Kerr. Ben gave a shy wave back. As the surprise of the announcement abated somewhat, the Admiral continued.

Turner: At this time, I will turn things over to Lt. Commander Pandorn.

Pandorn: Response?

Hendon: Freedom!!!! Oops sorry …

Ben supressed a startled laugh at the Doc’s outburst; he sure was chuffed.

Pandorn/Any: Response?

TBC/TAG

Lieutenant Ben Garcia

Second Officer/HCO