Lieutenant Ben Garcia - Bring the curry (Tags: Quen/Lovar/Any)

Ben Garcia

Sep 30, 2019, 2:35:16 PM9/30/19
to sb118-...@googlegroups.com

((Main Ballroom – Embassy – Duronis II.))

Garcia: Madras. :: Ben took a breath. The air aggravated the spices on his tongue. :: It was a staple of Saturday night dinning …  The origins are a bit debatable. The authentic sauce was from south India, but this fire pot is based on a variation of a recipe popular in Earth restaurants during the 70s. :: Ben paused a moment and readied to eat the naan with its load of sauce, rice and vegetables. :: So, how’s that compare to larish pie?

Quen: Bajoran food’s spicy, too… Enyak’s milk cuts through the heat, though I suppose any would do…

Garcia: :: Nodding in agreement while chewing down the madras. :: Yea – and yoghurt too. Though I like the challenge of working through it.

Lovar: I wish Vulcan had food like that, everything's so bland. I have to copy off of you guys. Our liquor, however, is another story.

Quen: We could probably take a Vulcan recipe, tweak it a little… Sub out some of the vegetables for, say, firefruit or… ::she paused, trying to think of the name for the pepper she had in mind:: ...They’re from Earth, little orange things...

Garcia: :: Excitedly. :: Oh yes, I know what you mean … :: It took a moment for Ben to recall the name. :: You mean a scotch bonnet?

Deena snapped her fingers and tapped the table excitedly.

Quen: Exactly!

Lovar: Oh we can get hotter than that. I've seen some pepper plants in the Embassy gardens on strolls. I could probably crossbreed some, make a truly hot pepper.

Garcia: :: Laughing. :: This sounds like the start of a bad dare. :: Feigning seriousness. :: Keep talking …

The Vulcan leaned forward on the table. He was mimicking the seriousness of Ben.

Lovar: Actually, even better, I could genetically modify some to have increased capsaicin levels, theoretically we could have any level of spice.

Deena raised her eyebrows, intrigued by his suggestion.

Quen: Go on...

Garcia: :: Eagerly. :: Plan! :: Grinning. :: Absolute genius Lovar!

Lovar: This sounds like the beginning of a spice off.

Deena smirked while Ben nodded a laugh before forking another load of rice into his mouth.

Quen: :: Mischievously. :: Well, I wouldn’t call it that exactly…

Garcia: :: Cheekily jibing Lovar. :: Well that botany’s come in handy.

Waiter: :: Smiling warmly. :: Sorry to interrupt your conversation – everything ok with your meals?

Quen/Lovar: Response?

Ben dabbed his mouth, staining his napkin – a silly idea was on his lips.

Garcia: :: Excitedly, to the waiter. :: Oh, just the person. :: Ben smiled cheekily at Lovar and Quen. :: Could we grab another vegetable curry to share… :: Ben leant towards the waiter. :: … but a bitter hotter than the madras – like the next level up?

Waiter: :: Intrigued. :: Of course... :: Looking at the group. :: … that will be quite a hot curry.

Ben looked to Quen and Lovar.

Quen/Lovar: Response?

Waiter: :: Laughing and nodding in disbelief. :: I’ll bring the curry over when it’s ready.

Ben let out a laugh.

Garcia: Now we’ve got a spice off … :: Eagerly. :: … so, what’s the rules?

Quen/Lovar: Response?

Any: Response?

Tag/TBC!

Lieutenant Ben Garcia