PNPC Charlie McQueen: Hot Chocolate in the Hot Seat (tag: Vescori)

Kayla Drex

Jun 3, 2019, 10:49:11 AM6/3/19
to UFOP: StarBase 118: USS Eagle
((USS Eagle, Deck 5, Small Office))

::The giant security guy ordered two helpings of hot chocolate, one with marshmallows and the other with caramel sauce. He set one of the mugs down in front of Charlie on the table and took a seat himself.::

Vescori: There you go. ::He took a sip.:: Mmmrrrr... delicious. Now then, with this to keep us warm and give some extra energy to the grey cells, let us review the issue at hand. ::He pulled up a PADD on his lap and started to make notes as they went along.:: Earlier you said you didn't try to sneak on the ship. Yet here you are. One does not simply walk into the Eagle.

::Charlie took a sip from the steaming mug. She was a little unsure at first about the pillowy white things floating atop the beverage, but as soon as she tasted their sweet creaminess, all second-guessing (about them at least) was abandoned.::

Charlie: This is stupid good, Mr. Knife, er ... Blade. Thank you.

Vescori: response

Charlie: And to answer your question, I really wasn't trying to get onto this ship! Honest! I got swept along with a group of school kids. By the time I had a chance to break away again, the door was already shut again.

Vescori: Yeah, that group of school kids. Fitzsimmons mentioned it. I understand that you tagged along and that I could and probably should bark at the teachers and those on duty at the main airlock for being way to lax on their duties simply because all they saw was a bunch of mostly harmless kiddos. But that still begs the question why you boarded the ship. And why nobody pointed you out as a stranger.

Charlie: I can go unnoticed pretty easy when I want to. I didn't - and still don't want to get anybody in trouble. I was trying to get off the ship so nobody would get in trouble.

Vescori: Is that so? I tell you what I think... you approached the kids, either because you wanted to go onto the Eagle, or because you needed to disappear for a while and a Federation starship is a nice hideout place. I also think that none of the other students pointed you out to security or their teacher because you had at least one friend among the group. Probably someone in high standing with the other students. ::Blaidd tilted his head, eyeing her from head to toe.:: Considering that we picked you up at the auxiliary airlock on Deck 3, it probably is someone living in the quarters nearby. This should make it fairly easy to find your confidant among our crew.

::She started to panic a little. Charlie noticed that the mug, now half-empty, was shaking slightly. She rested it on her leg and looked up at the big guy sitting across from her.::

Charlie: I didn't. oO Very convincing, Charlie. Oo It's just like, you know, I can blend in and stuff. I'm not gonna say anything that gets anybody in trouble.

Vescori: Relax, Charlie. It honors you that you want to protect your friend. Thing is, I want to protect your friend, too. And not just your friend, but the rest of the people on the Eagle, as well. To that end I - and my mates from Security - need to know who comes and goes and why. Else we find the storerooms picked clean, the engines sabotaged and the computers compromised.

Charlie: ::starting to cry a little:: I wasn't going to steal anything. I'd never betray the Federation like that. I came to this starbase to be closer to Starfleet. I'm not going to sabotage anything!

Vescori: Fitzsimmons also said that your parents are no longer with us. I am very sorry for your loss. So, do you live with a relative or guardian on the base? Is there someone I can contact to pick you up?

:: That was the last straw for Charlie. She was teetering between being really angry that this guy thought she was some kind of thief or spy or something and the crushing alone-ness of her existence. The tears that had been welling in her eyes slid down her cheeks as she realized the only truly friendly entity in the universe was Katya. ::

Charlie: I don't have anyone. I'm not going into the Child Services system though. I can take care of myself just fine. If you just let me off, I can take it from there, Lieutenant.

Vescori: response

Charlie: I'm not just some kid, you know. I'm Charlie McQueen, Daughter of Edwin McQueen and Lenore - only daughter of the house of Breivim. She was and now I am the Keeper of Last Light of Cataria.

::She tried to affect the same stony glare her mother would use when evoking this title during rare fights with Charlie's dad. Charlie hoped she was doing it right, but somehow felt it didn't carry the same weight, coming from her slight, 12 year old self.::

Vescori: response

TAG/TBC

 ~ Charlie McQueen ~
(simmed by Kayla Drex)