Cmdr Oddas Aria: The Good Stuff (Tag: All)

5 Aufrufe
Direkt zur ersten ungelesenen Nachricht

Nicholas St Gabriel

ungelesen,
02.01.2019, 12:19:4802.01.19
an Eagle
(( Eagle's Nest, Award Ceremony, USS Eagle  ))

:: Aria stood behind the podium and looked at the crowd which had begun to migrate to their seats.  She was gratified to see them forming their own little pairings and groupings, some expected, others not so much.  She silently was grateful the room was much less grand than the last setting in which she had had to give such a speech. ::

oO Prophets, guide the way. Oo

:: When Han joined her she cleared her throat. ::

Oddas: When I was ordered to take command of the Eagle, I knew I would get a fine crew, a Starfleet crew, and I crew that would never let me down.  What I have seen in the past few days is that I was wrong.  I have been given a crew that I am sure is among the best in the fleet.  If there was any doubt, your work with the Verllians proved it, they civilization has a chance of survival because of the work you did.

:: She paused for a moment and looked at each of their faces, taking her own deep breath. ::

Oddas: For their work successfully making contact with the Mithgiln, and the Verillians, The First Contact and Explorer Ribbons are being awarded to Blackwell, Pavlova, Shayne, Choi, Foster, Mika, Drex, Han, and, because it was insisted by others, Oddas.

Han: Response

:: She took a moment to give her a crew a small round of applause, letting them join in. ::

Any: Response

Oddas: In a similar vein, because of the grace you have all shown since coming aboard the Eagle, Blackwell, Pavlova, Shayne, Choi, Foster, Mika, Drex, Collins, Han and Oddas are awarded the Legacy Ribbon.

Han: Response

Any: Response

:: She joined in a round of applause. ::

Oddas: If Commander Pavlova, Commander Shayne, and Lieutenant Choi could join me?  :: as they approached she continued:: Every mission has the potential for peril.   A crewmember coming back injured is not something a Commanding Officer wishes to contemplate but has to every time they give an order.  The purple heart is small token we give to show we appreciate those who have to sometimes live with the consequences of those decisions and commend their bravery.  :: looking at the trio::  Thank You.

:: She took the small box from Han and presenting it to Choi. ::

Choi: Response

Oddas::: shaking his hand:: Thank You, Mister Choi.

Han: Response

Oddas::: presenting Shayne with his award and shaking his hand:: Commander Shayne, Thank you.

Shayne: Response

Han: Response

:: She took a deep breath and the award and stood in front of her wife. She gave Irina a stern look. ::

Oddas: :: trying for a stern, but somewhat playful tone:: Thank You, Commander Pavlova.

Pavlova: Response

Han: Response

Any: Response

:: She returned to the Podium and joined in the applause just as the three officers were sitting down.  ::

Oddas: Doctor Foster,:: she let him begin making his way to the front of the room before continuing:: you worked with our counterparts, curing the people of Verellia, in the finest tradition of the fleet.  It is my pleasure to present you with the Medical Service Award.

:: She shook his hand. and handed him the small wooden box. ::

Foster: Response

Han: Response

Any: Response

Oddas: :: she returned to the podium::  Now, I need to see Ensign Drex.  Ensign Drex has been with Starfleet a short time, and we are very lucky to have her as her first assignment.  In her time she has taken the reigns of the science department and shown all of the qualities we expect not only an Ensign but in one of a higher rank.  It is time we remedy that.

:: She picked up a small box and stood in front of the blond woman, and as she did so had a moment of second-past, deja vu. She, it seemed to her, not too long ago, had stood and gotten her first hollow pip.  The memory caused Aria to swell a little with pride.  ::

Oddas: Ensign Kayla Drex, it is with great pride that I promote you to the rank of Lieutenant Junior Grade,:: she paused to clip the new pip on Drex's collar:: with all of the privileges, amenities, and responsibilities that come with the rank.

Drex: Response

Han: Response

Any: Response

:: She returned to the podium and had to wait for the applause to die down before she continued. ::

Oddas: Thank you all for coming, and congratulations all.  Your hard work and dedication have made the launch of the Eagle amazing.

:: She gave the crew one final moment of applause. ::

Han: Response

TAG, TBC

Commander Oddas Aria
Commanding Officer
USS Eagle,  NCC-74659
ASDB Co-Facilitator / Training Team / Captains Council
E239305OA0

One man's 'magic' is another man's engineering. -Robert Heinlein

Wiki: https://wiki.starbase118.net/wiki/index.php/Oddas_Aria
Allen antworten
Antwort an Autor
Weiterleiten