Makayla Riordan - A Place Onboard

Ashley Roy

Sep 19, 2015, 9:10:53 PM9/19/15
to sb118...@googlegroups.com
(( Captain's Ready Room, Deck 1, USS Doyle-A ))

::Emotion taking full control, Makayla unsuccessfully tried to calm herself.::

Riordan: I.. :: The woman wiped her face. :: As it stands I am in limbo, but I don't want to be placed under another cell, even if it is of my own choosing. :: She hazed at the captain.:: If I could stay on the Doyle... a cook, a bartender, or anything....

::Wiping away the tears, the Brekkian woman, though she felt like a child, waited patiently for the reply.  It would not be the first time that she had served on a starship in an entertainment capacity.  But the thought of being alone...::

oO I won't accept it. Oo

Faranfey: Are you sure? Servicing a ship such as this, you would be subject to the same rules and regulations as the rest of the crew. As a civilian, it could possibly feel a bit oppressive.

::Realizing the words were not a definite no, her eyes widened.::

Riordan: ::Shaking her head.:: Far from oppressive.  Back on the Ronin, it felt that my capacity was more of a confidant rather than a... oO Prisoner... Oo ::Changing what she wanted to say mid-sentence.:: I mean, anything else.

Faranfey: I am not opposed to an arrangement of some sort, temporarily. We do have a lounge, operated by a Rina Adler, if you would like to take up a position there. I will admit, it is nice to have a cook or two on hand, as I have a non-replicated diet that frequently requires cooking.

::Clasping her hands together in thanks, as that was Brekkian fashion, she nodded almost hysterically.::

Riordan: Thank you, thank you!  I will do my best.

Faranfey: I wasn't gifted in the culinary ways. I can do basics, and I don't feel like up heaving when I eat my own cooking, especially when I cook recipes my mother made for years. But I usually put my taste buds in the hands of someone talented in that department.

Riordan: ::Her mood lightening.::Then I will make it my goal to be the best cook.

Faranfey: What other skills do you have?

Riordan: I have a variety of differently vocational skills...  ::She sighed.:: I can play the piano, harp, and am not afraid to repair low level systems.  ::She half smiled.:: I admit a few skills I picked up in the past few years...

::Her eyes drifted towards the windows of the ready room.::

Faranfey: Response?

Riordan: ::Gathering her attention.:: No, I am grateful for all that you have done.  Unless there is something else...?

Faranfey: Response?

::Almost leaping out of her chair, Makayla bowed her head in thanks once more.::

Riordan: I promise I won't disappoint you sir.

Faranfey: Response?

::Walking out of the room, Makayla headed to her shared quarters.  Her heart had begun to rise in the first time in years.::

TAG and TBC!

Makayla Riordan
Civilian
USS Doyle-A