JP - Commander Selene Faranfey & Colonel Nugra - A Banquet no one Expected (Attention ALL)

Selene Faranfey

Nov 30, 2015, 11:15:49 PM11/30/15
to Doyle - IC

(( Selene's Office, Deck 22, Deep Space 285 ))

:: Selene had instructed an operations officer to inform her when all her officers were there and ready. She had made sure all the other arrangements for the banquet were completed before diving back into her work. Her office was only a deck below the banquet hall, and she imagined that she heard the foot fall of all her guests while she read through the engineering report on her ship. ::

Faranfey: .oO My poor ship... we weren't even hit that hard... Oo.

Garce: =/\= Ensign Garce to Commander Faranfey. =/\=

Faranfey: =/\= Report, Ensign. =/\=

Garce: =/\= Ma'am, everyone is accounted for and waiting for your arrival. =/\=

Faranfey: =/\= Thank you Ensign, I'll be there shortly. Faranfey out. =/\=

:: She let the commline close as she organized a couple PADDs and the box of ribbons. As she was selecting them, she looked through the names, making note of specific ones either being on the list or not. ::

:: Selene's journey up to the deck above, was a short one, and she met Nugra outside the door. ::

:: Nugra had made sure at least four times that his uniform had no wrinkles in it and the pips were aligned and spaced by regulation. The four glinted happily in the light of the ship’s corridor and the Gorn was ready for his, specific, briefing. ::

Faranfey: They are all in there, had someone count heads.

Nugra: Good. I do hate stragglers. They detract from the presentation. Hopefully they have had things to entertain them.

Faranfey: There should be snacks, so they aren't waiting with nothing to do... :: She said as she stepped to the door and it opened automatically. ::

(( Banquet Hall, Deck 21, Deep Space 285 ))

:: As with all the events that Selene or her brother put together, she made sure that the gathering was catered with a variety of foods, many of which were made with real ingredients. There were a few replicated dishes, but mostly out of necessity and lack of real ingredients. Unfortunately that also meant that she would be hesitant to try the foods, and would make an effort to try the real version if possible. ::

:: At one of the tables, there were two empty seats, reserved for Selene and the Gorn. She moved to her seat and put down her PADDs and box before looking out at the crowd. Her brother was in attendance, amused a few seats down from her. It looked like a face she hadn't expected, Lieutenant Commander Joan Hart was present as well. ::

Faranfey: .oO What is she doing here? Oo.

Faranfey: :: Still standing, looking over the group. :: Quiet everyone. We have a guest here today, Captain Nugra. He is a close friend of mine, and the respected former Captain of the USS Victory. He has requested an audience with the crew, so before we get to our business, let's turn our attention to what he has to say.

:: Nugra stood and gave a polite nod to Selene. He cleared his throat and spoke. ::

Nugra: What I have to say is very important and comes from Starfleet Command itself. It is a situation that has to be resolved now and your ship cannot go on to the next mission without this being taken care of here and now. I’m sorry to say, but you will no longer have Commander Selene Faranfey as your Commanding Officer.

:: Selene's eyes narrowed at the Gorn, she knew him for a long time, and had enough trust in him that he wouldn't give her a heads up before firing her rear. Even if she might deserve it, especially after mistreating a prisoner. So she let her eyes lock with his, hoping he was going to get to the point of his little game. ::

:: The Gorn turned to the young woman to see what her face was. Delaying just long enough to allow panic among the crew to start, her produced a small dark oak box. ::

Nugra: From this point on, you’ll be commanded by *Captain* Selene Faranfey. Front and center, young lady.

:: Now that was a surprise, and her face relaxed, her mouth popped open slightly before she recovered and moved closer to the Gorn. ::

Faranfey: :: Whispering :: Very sneaky of you, Lizardman.

Nugra: ::whispering with a grin. :: I try.

:: As she approached, Nugra took the small gold pip out and centered it on to her collar. ::

:: Selene stood there as the pip was added to her other three, looking out in the crowd that she had been convinced to pulling together for this, and noticed her brother. He was leaned back in his chair with his hands behind his head grinning. Probably enjoying the effort he put into getting this together behind her back. He was likely to tell her that this is how they should be celebrating their accomplishments, in front of a huge group of people. As she stared at her brother, she barely heard what her friend was saying. ::

Nugra: For everything that you have done to protect the Federation both here and from your home, I am proud and honored to promote you to the rank of Captain. You are the captain of the USS Doyle and I know will continue to carry out the important traditions and responsibilities of the position. Congratulations, Selene. It is not lightly given or earned. You have made myself, Starfleet and the Federation proud.

Faranfey: :: She turned her attention back on Nugra. :: Thank you, Captain. :: Selene took in a deep breath and exhaled. :: I will. :: Her voice quieted back to a whisper. :: Now, was there anything else before I address my crew?

Nugra: Nope. That was it.

Faranfey: I just wanted to make sure you were done.

Nugra: I think I said enough, Captain Faranfey. ::grinning:: The floor is yours.

Faranfey: :: Turning back to the group assembled before her. :: Now, I have some things to say. :: Selene waited a moment while the commotion in the room quieted down. :: We have had a reoccurring theme to our missions as of lately. This latest one being no exception, except it hit closer to home, with one of our own kidnapped to further the person responsible's agenda. :: She let out a big sigh, as she thought about Ceciri and her mother. ::

Faranfey: :: Continuing. :: We survived though, and while a colony was lost, through our actions we helped save a planet. Unfortunately with these actions, came injuries of our own. :: She opened the wooden box in front of her. :: Now, I need  Ensign Cassandra Ezi, and Lieutenants Alexander Bishop and Tamaiti Scott to join me.

Ezi: ?

Bishop: ?

Scott: ?

:: After they approached, she reached into the box and pulled out three purple hearts, handing them to each officer and shaking their hand. ::

Faranfey: No congratulations in order for this award, as it's one given to those injured in the line of duty. :: Addressing the room. :: These officers were exposed to a deadly bio-weapon. Both Bishop and Scott had been shot and injured. :: Addressing the three officers in front of her. :: These injuries, including the ones caused by the bio-weapon, have made you eligible for the Purple Heart Ribbon, to which I award you.

Ezi: ?

Bishop: ?

Scott: ?

Faranfey: Lieutenant Bishop please wait a moment. Lieutenant Scott and Ensign Ezi, you may return to your seats. :: As the two of the officers moved back to the seats, Selene felt awkward about the other she should bestow this award on. The other recipient wasn't technically a crew member. Selene wasn't entirely certain she qualified as a woman, as she was an android. The Android was more likely to have resulted in a ribbon, than getting awarded one, especially this specific one. :: Would Nadeshiko please step forward.

Nadeshiko: ?

Faranfey: :: Pulling out two ribbons from the box. :: For the way that you used nanobots to stop the bio-weapon that ravaged the colony and planet. I would like to award the both of you the Innovation Ribbon. :: She handed each officer a ribbon and shook their hands, holding Bishop's hand a little longer and squeezed it a little as she shook it. :: Thank you.

Bishop: ?

Nadeshiko: ?

Faranfey: You may both be seated now. :: Pulling out one of the last two awards. :: Ensign Aurora, please step up here for a moment. :: She waited while the woman approached. ::

Aurora: ?

Faranfey: While you were called away before your search could bear any fruit, you provided the information that eventually resulted in the capture of the saboteur that caused us to be vulnerable. For this, I am awarding you with the Captain's Commendation, thank you.

Aurora: ?

:: She passed the award over to the woman, shaking her hand before signalling for her to be seated. ::

:: There was one final ribbon, it belonged to a friend. The reason for the award was a complicated one, as she the person who took the woman prisoner was the culprit behind the attacks. The complication came from the fact that the woman was also their kidnapped officer's mother. ::

Faranfey: Lieutenant Commander Ceciri Hakashri please step forward. :: She waited while the officer approached, pulling the final ribbon from the box. ::

Hakashri: ?

Faranfey: You were kidnapped off the ship, through shields and held as a prisoner on an enemy ship before you escaped and were eventually rescued. Your ordeal, besides earning you some time off, has also earned you the Prisoner of War ribbon. I'm sorry about what happened to you, and we are working to make sure it doesn't happen again.

:: As she spoke, she handed the ribbon to the officer and shook her hand. ::

Hakashri: ?

Faranfey: You may be seated now. :: She turned her attention back to the crowd, her impromptu promotion took the bite out of her, which gave her officers a reprieve from their mistakes on this mission. Now with the ribbon part of the banquet over, she could let them enjoy the rest. :: Thank you all for your attention. The rest of this is just food and mingling, we will be in dock for a few days more. There are a number of delicious dishes available for you, enjoy.

Anyone: ?

TBC

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Colonel Nugra