Captain Selene Faranfey - And this is what is going on.

Selene Faranfey

Feb 2, 2016, 2:25:54 AM2/2/16
to Doyle - IC
(( Captain's Ready Room, Deck 2, USS Sheffield ))

:: After she was done with the young Ensign, Selene continued reviewing the information about the planet and their task. She couldn't brief her crew until she understood what she was telling them. From what she could tell, they were only heading out to survey a planet that could potentially have some deposits of dilithium. ::

:: Once she had taken in most of the information, through several goes reading the reports, she stretched and stood. Leaving Nugra in charge of the bridge without an official title change for too long, was not something she wanted to do. She grabbed her PADD before heading for the door. ::

(( Bridge, Deck 1, USS Sheffield ))

:: The ride in the turbolift to get from her ready room to the bridge was inconvenient. She liked the room being off the bridge, but now she had a hike to make it from one to the other. ::

:: As she got off the turbolift, she saw the green lizard man, and Big Blue. On Tal's shoulder was the critter that seemed to be a constant companion of the blue man. However at this moment, the creature seemed to be behaving like a child. ::

Faranfey: What is that doing here?

Tel-ar: I believe the unusual response was caused by the fact that on its world creatures of a similar reptilian nature to the Col. were the main predator that hunted his kind.

Nugra: He is not much of a snack I'm afraid.

:: Selene turned to look at Nugra, she knew what his reputation as Gorn was like, but she didn't buy any of the rumors. However she was a bit curious about why Blue's critter was on the bridge, and maybe Nugra was trying to warn the man. ::

Tel-ar: If it becomes a problem I can return him to my quarters.

Faranfey: Unless he is necessary for your job, he very well could be a distraction and be under foot, Commander. :: After the day she had, she wasn't sure what compelled her to be so calm in stating this. ::

Tel-ar: I left Duronis II early so that I could make a quick trip to Earth.

:: She almost forgot about that, but as she thought back to the conversation she had with him, it felt like it was earlier that morning. ::

Faranfey: Earth?

Tel-ar: It was personal. :: Tal replied calmly. ::

:: Before she could respond, her green clad stand in for First Officer, took the liberty of responding. ::

Nugra: Then I hope it was resolved satisfactory for you and your trip to the Embassy enjoyable?

Tel-ar: That encounter was very enjoyable Col. Major Parker served under me a number of years ago and he was eager to display his improved abilities.

:: The conversation seemed to twist onto a topic that she didn't know much about, so she let the two men talk for a moment while she moved over to her chair and brought up the information she needed. ::

Nugra: He has quite a number of abilities.

Tel-ar: The medical staff assured me that he would be back to full mobility within a couple days.

Nugra: Well, hopefully it takes longer than he anticipates.

Faranfey: Nugra!

:: Not that she was against wishing something bad on someone who had wronged her, or someone she cared about. But she was wondering what would have the Gorn stating something like that. ::

Nugra: :: to Faranfey :: The ship has reported in and all crew are on board. We are ready at your leisure.

Faranfey: Very good. Oh, and make sure our newest security officer, has the proper clearance.

Nugra: Ensign Renato. Can you check security status? We're about to head out.

Renato: ?

Nugra: Helmsman. Clear all docking clamps and moorings and standby for captain's orders.

Rixx: ?

:: She smiled, least everything was in order. Pressing some commands on her console, she confirmed everyone was onboard before giving the orders. ::

Faranfey: Petty Officer Rixx, once we are clear of the station, plot course for Pariah.

Rixx: ?

:: Now that these tasks were complete, and they were just waiting on the skill of the helmsman, and the speed of the vessel, she was now able to address the crew. ::

Faranfey: Open a comm channel for the ship, Petty Officer.

Rixx: ?

Faranfey: =/\= This is the Captain, as you can tell, we were transferred from our much roomier ship to the Sheffield. This is a temporary assignment and we expect to be back on the Doyle in no time. The reason we are on this cozy ship, is because we are assigned to survey the planet Pariah, and see if the planet is suitable for mining. Each of your department heads will be forwarded a set of tasks associated with this mission. Captain out. =/\=

:: With that, she signaled for the channel to be closed and then got to work sending assignments to the various departments. First to science, she wanted to know if there was any life on the planet. The reports indicated that it sensors showed that it was likely uninhabited, but that didn't mean it wasn't full of animal and plant life. Her next report was to medical, to find out the effects dilithium potentially had on any life on the planet. Tactical was to look out for anyone who might want the planet more than the Federation and keep an eye out for those ships. Security was to prepare in the event that they needed to go down to the surface, or relocate any of occupants on the planet. Since sensor readings weren't extremely helpful at the moment, she wanted to prepare as much as possible. It was a good thing the journey was going to take almost a week. ::

(( OOC - The mission will start with the next sim. We will be doing a massive timeskip. ))

Captain Selene Faranfey
Commanding Officer
USS Doyle-A, NCC-80221-A

Deputy Commandant, Starbase 118 Academy