(Backsim) Lt. Ceciri Ariadust - Remembeences of Home

K Nakamura

Jun 24, 2015, 2:24:08 AM6/24/15
to Doyle IC

((Deck 10: Arboretum, USS Doyle-A))

:: They found a bench away from the entrance and sat down. ::

Jolara: I have to confess you are the first Cygnian I have actually met.

Ariadust: Ah.. you aren't going to meet many of us outside our home system. I think there's something like.. 100 of us.. mostly male.. outside the system. But.. when I had to pretty much leave because my mother had no way to support us on the planet, I became a merchant.. ::pauses, reconsidering.:: I think I saw no other Cygnian merchants except once.

Jolara: Mostly males? Why is that?

Ariadust: Oh.. well, we have a very strong matriarchal society. Some of our males strongly dislike this, and so they often join Starfleet. Well, 'often', given the numbers. It makes sense, since the Federation is strongly egalitarian, and they aren't ever going to get proper respect back home if they're smart, or if they're clever.

Jolara: Do you miss it? Your homeworld?

Ariadust: I.. do at times. It's home, for all of its warts and faults.

oO Although, I've been a spacer enough that I'm kinda used to life on a spaceship. Still.. to visit home again.. Oo

Jolara: I miss my homeworld but I am afraid going home is not an option. ::sigh and giving her a small smile:: But that is something I should not think about right now. ::completely changing the subject:: Besides resupplying and other duties, do you have any plans for any down time at all while we are at DS285?

:: That was an odd shift. But Ceciri had learnt not to push long before until it was important. Most people had a secret, or one place they didn't want to reveal for various reasons, and she had no need to know. ::

Ariadust: I hope to be able to .. ::pauses, wry:: Actually, no. I'm usually busy during shore leave, but I was going to catch up on a holoseries I'm currently playing in, and I want to see DS285's Arboretum now. ::she glances at her wrist, and a small holodisplay pops up with current shipboard time before dismissing itself. Holowatches were interesting, and were often viewed as a great way to indulge in retrostyle. Ceciri just found one that could be disconnected from a greater network useful. Emergency lighting is a thing.. That said, it was nearly 2100 hours, and she still had Alpha shift tommorow. :: Oh, wow, it's 2100 already. I should probably get some sleep for shift tomorrow.

Jolara: ?

Ariadust: I'll be fine. I kept my drinking under limit, and I kept hydrated. I should be fine for tomorrow's shift. As for you, are you okay? There.. seemed some touch of uneasiness about you. ::pauses, considering her words.:: It almost seemed to tinge the air around you.

((OOC: Ariadust is an unknown strength -path. I'm planning on just playing it as a weak ESP sense, nothing major, since I have no plans as of yet to develop it. ))

Jolara: ?

Ariadust: I understand. Well, I will see you tomorrow. Rest well. ::she gets up with a semi bow, and heads off to her own room. She really did need to sleep. ::

Jolara: ?

Lt. Ceciri Hakashri

HCO Officer

U.S.S. Doyle-A [NCC-80221-A]

(OOC: Opinions of the character are strictly IC. Resemblance to living or dead persons is strictly coincidental.)