PNPC Ensign Noshka - New Assignment New Bunkmate

Brell

Sep 8, 2016, 8:58:56 PM9/8/16
to UFOP: StarBase 118: USS Darwin-A

((Crew Quarters, Deck 2, USS El Corazón, Par’tha Expanse))

::She had left the Chief Security Officer’s office after reporting there directly after coming aboard pleased. The meeting with her new direct superior had gone well and she had a lot to learn from them. The fact she was a woman had not come up once since had had left the main Academy grounds on earth for Cadet tour on SB118, in fact she seemed to meet more and more females in high places in starfleet and the federation. This was something she was getting used still even after years of being off of Ferenginar.::

::Her time on that starbase had been enjoyable and upon arriving here at DS26 she found herself missing the more federation looking starbase. DS26 did have an interesting history, one she looked forward to learning. She had not stopped for any real sight seeing and had gone right to her new ship. Her first posting as an Ensign the Defiant class El Corazón, it had just come back to station and she wished to waste no time getting on board. She felt so lucky to be posted as Security officer. She was even going to be getting shifts on the bridge at tactical on gamma shift but it was still like a dream come true. Here she would disprove the stereotype that her people make poor warriors and that she as female could do it. Even if all this ship really did was patrol the freeworlds space.::

::With her back around her shoulder she stood outside of her new quarters. She knew nothing about the officer she would be sharing her life with for her time here aboard. She thought about the words she had heard countless and learned to say variations of when it came to the place she lived.::

Noshka: oO Welcome to our home. Please place your thumbprint on the legal waivers and deposit your admission fee in the slot by the door. Remember, my house is my house. Oo :: She smirked.:: oO That is lightyears behind now. Oo

::Here like she had gotten used to the the academy and with her bunkmate on the starbase she would be expected to share space and trust a stranger. Each time she gave that trust felt like a leap of faith without signed documents ensuring legal action would be taken if her personal space or things would be violated. Federation citizens had certain attitudes that were still strange to her but that is why she sought out service in starfleet. After drawing in a breath she stepped inside the room to see a young human woman unpacking her own bag.::

Noshka: Hello.

Hikaru: response

Noshka: I am Noshka daughter of Greb and Iniska. We are to be roommates.

::At one time she would have only used her father's name in that statement as she would have been his property to be married off under contract. Now she could give both her parents names with her own in the formal.::

Hikaru: response

:: She liked the sound of the human’s name they sounded pretty, pretty described the human girl well. Though from her societal point of view beauty and the regimens required for it were quite different. She wondered how this hew-mon is going react to her sharpening her teeth before bed.::

Noshka: I’m a security officer, are you science or medical?

Hikaru: response

::The ship’s Counselor, they had roomed her with a counselor was this some kind of joke. She could not believe it of all the people she would share her first quarters as an Ensign. She wondered if somewhere an operations officer was laughing having slotted the two new officers together.::

Noshka: I didn’t even know defiant class ships had counselors!

:::The tips of her large ears turned from their normal pale tan color to deep red with embarrassment. She hoped she did not just get off on the wrong foot here. All she needed was a bad psych eval from her new roommate to start her career with a stain.::

Hikaru: response

PNPC Ensign Noshka, Security Officer, USS El Corazón

As Simmed by;

LtCmdr Brell, Chief Engineer, Uss Darwin, NCC-99312-A

PotW Co-Facilitator - Training Team - Publicity Team

E239109B10