MSNPC Andarys Ohain: We will not be defeated

L B

Aug 31, 2018, 5:35:09 PM8/31/18
to UFOP: StarBase 118 - USS Constitution-B
(( Biophysics lab ))

Ohain: Our scientists do not believe they are sentient. :: A firmness in his voice. ::

Seir: ::And there it was, practically a confession. Lilith pushed her hair away from her face to look at the geometric pattern of Ohain's veil where she guessed his eyes were hidden.:: Your scientists do not believe? Minister Ohain, did you know the rock was an egg?

::  Andrays hadn’t thought about his response, his worry and determination had got the better of him.  There was little point lying now. ::

Ohain: Why does it matter whether we knew? You have returned the creature to it’s mother.

Seir: True, the young creature has been reunited with its parent. ::Lilith took her head wrap from her pocket and tied it around her hair, to give herself a moment to think as well as get the damn stuff out of her way.:: But the Constitution nearly suffered the same fate as your scout ship. If we had known what to expect, all of that might have been avoided.

Ohain: I did not know what to expect.  Our scientists had a brunch of theories based on analysing the parts of eggs shell we had found in the past.  They didn’t predict how the creature would react or how dangerous it would be. But it was worth the risk to get the egg.

Seir: ::Thoughtfully:: You wanted that egg, whole and intact. Enough to put one of your ships and your astronauts at risk. May I ask why?

:: Andrays thought for a minutes.  He didn’t think these creatures who had grown up the light would under stand but they deserved to know why he had put their lives at risk. ::

Ohain: The egg is off great importance to us as an energy source.

Seir: Energy. ::It was the basis of Federation economics, taken for granted, even. What if it was not so easily available, to what lengths would humans or other Federation species go to insure their survival?:: I'm afraid the political ramifications are well beyond me, but I believe Captain Rajel will try to help if you tell her the whole truth.

Ohain: I do not need help from your captain.

Seir: As a scientist, I can understand the, uh, attraction of the solution the energy creatures present… if they are not sentient. ::Lilith chose to believe the Minister honestly believed they were not sentient.:: And as we have just experienced, whether or not they are sentient, these creatures are extremely dangerous. Taking their eggs to utilize as a source of energy seems unsustainable. ::gesturing to the container:: Will your people be able to make use of the shells?

Ohain: We have been using the egg shells for a number of years now and this one provides a larger piece than usual.  It will be off great help to my people.

Seir: Response

Ohain: We will study the data and come up with a way to defeat these creatures and get the eggs before they hatch.

Seir: Response

Ohain: Our scientist predict the egg has the capacity to hold over 1000 times more energy.  So if we can get to the egg before the young creature has consumed it all…

:: Andrays had this dream that he couldn’t let go off to help his people and put them on the same standing in the Federation as other members.  These people had grown up on world of luxury they couldn't understand. ::

Seir: Response

MSNPC Andarys Ohain
Senior Representative
Ministry of Science