Lt. JG Ceciri Ariadust - Pleasant Conversation

K Nakamura

Apr 2, 2015, 9:59:29 AM4/2/15
to USS Constitution-B IC Group

((Deck 10, Formerly the Black Hole Bar, USS Constitution-B))

Agrippina: At least, we'd think so. Something about this just unnerves me, as if Minerva Machinatrix herself had a hand in this affair.

Udas: ::smiling a bit::  I think everyone can agree with that sentiment.

::Tyren recognized the name of Minerva as one of the classic gods of the Roman Pantheon, the Goddess of wisdom.::

Tyren: Wisdom is fine enough, Chief; as long as it’s used responsibly.

Phos: Umm... I hate to sound ignorant but who the void is Minerva Machinatrix?

Agrippina: Minerva Machinatrix is an epithet - an aspect, I suppose, of the Goddess Minerva who focuses on contriving. ::shrugs:: Magne Roma and Earth share many common mythologies. It keeps the comparative sociologists busy, from what I understand. ::to Tyren:: I agree, but men oft twist the intent of the gods to meet their own ends.

Phos: ::turning to the other table:: So, what do you think about this whole mess Lieutenant?

Ariadust: ::quietly, a bit surprised that they'd include her:: I think that while sometimes great discoveries come form horrible accidents, I doubt we'll be as .. lucky... here. Hopefully, though, it was just an accident.

Tyren: Well, I for one am very thankful for your work today, Ma’am. I don’t want to consider what might have happened if you hadn’t transported the Edison crew away when you did.

Udas: Here, here, Lieutenant Tyren. ::raising his empty glass towards Ariadust:: Now, you are familiar with ship's systems and navigation patterns, Lieutenant.  What are the odds something like this just happens?  Conversely, do you think it something more like a trap being laid for the Edison?

Ariadust: ::considers:: It's not something that will happen in normal operations. From what I've had time to catch on - all of the NAVALERTS going out, there appears to be a growing pattern of anomalies spreading from Prometheus Station - throughout the Beta and Alpha Quadrants. I don't think it was a trap, but one can easily trip oneself up.

Phos: Hmm. I seem to be out of refreshment... ::smiling good naturedly:: Anyone have any recommendations for what I should have next... and for that matter, anyone want anything while I'm up?

Tyren: I’m fine, thank you, Lieutenant. As for what you might like to try, I think I saw a bottle of Tulaberry sloe gin behind the bar...

Udas: ::grinning:: I would say Andorian ale, but they seem to be fresh out. That damned Zogi picked the place dry when he packed up shop and left. However, if they have some of that Terran bourbon, that's always a good bet as well. Snag me one of those, minion.

Agrippina: Drink me out of house and home, why don't you!

::Agrippina's tone is teasing, and good natured, as she goes to get the drinks. ::

Udas: Of course, find a spot and have a drink.

Phos: If I'm not mistaken, we've got an extra marine now? Geez, you guys are like Kawomas. You look away for one second and another marine pops up. Ah well, if I'm not mistaken I don't think I've seen you around before?

Ariadust: Good evening. ::raises her glass of juice. She's drinking it slowly, savoring the taste. It's not something she drinks extremely often::

Tyren: Not formerly, although I have seen the Lieutenant around. It’s nice to put a name to the face, Ma’am. You’re one of Major Edward’s squadron aren't you?

Altair:  You are correct Lieutenant. I’m one of Edward’s pilots. Its not the only thing I’m qualified in but it is my primary duty here.

oO I should consider drinking when I'm in a better mood. Oo :: Ceciri mused to herself. She was planning on doing a bit more on shore leave, but for now she just wanted to

Tyren: I can imagine this last encounter must have been frustrating for your unit? Although after what happened to the Edison I don’t think a fighter would have stood much of a chance out there.

Altair: Very frustrating but there is no way we could have be out there in fighters. Unfortunately I know the odds all to well since SAR happens to be the other major focus of my career so far.  In general its just frustrating when you do everything you can and it still lends badly.

Udas: Indeed. Not saying anything to the negative of your fighters or their capabilities, but the rift nearly sucked the Constitution in. The last thing we would have needed was to lose a fighter to the anomaly.

Phos: Yea... We might have been able to get you out eventually with the tractor beam but... To be honest, I'm not confident we could have even extracted a fighter out of that thing. As a scientist I hate to personify natural phenomena but... I've looked at the logs, it seemed to be almost fighting to keep the Edison.

Ariadust: It did certainly seem to have a grudge. ::nods:: The fighter would have had a bit of issue with the temporal bubbles too. We were lucky they were so relatively small - a smaller fighter would have been overwhelmed.

Tyren: I can understand that, at least we got some people off; a small victory, perhaps, but definitely an important one.

Udas: So what brings you down to the bar, 1st Lieutenant Altair? Surely not the company we keep  ::he smirked::

:: The Marine shrugged, putting her glass down. ::

Altair: Well I was looking for a place to just unwind after the mission. I could have done that just about anywhere but I didn’t feel like heading back to my quarters just yet.

Udas: Understood and agreed.

:: Ceciri could understand. She tried her quarters, and it didn't work. Maybe an hour or so in the holodeck on some exercises might work after this. She needed to burn off some energy, but she was just. tired.::

Altair: Plus I figured it was a good chance to get to know more of the crew Marines and Fleet.

Phos: It is indeed... I'm Lt. Phos by the way, science, pleased to meet you.

Ariadust: Lt JG Ceciri Ariadust. I pilot the ship. Pleased to meet you.

Phos: So, do you have anything planned this leave or...

Altair: I’m looking forward to shoreleave. At the very least some downtime.

:: Ceciri couldn't agree more with that statement. That last shore leave was rather abortive, honestly. Unless you find hostage situations fun, and in that case, Ceciri doesn't even want to know you. ::

Phos: Amen to that. Personally, I think I'm going to keep up with my shoreleave tradition to do a little tour of whatever shops are around on the promenade but... Honestly, I think I just need some time to relax.

Udas:  I agree.  It's always good to get off the ship and stretch your legs.  I'm hoping that DSX has a good Andorian restaurant.  I don't think I've had quality, home-cooked Andorian food in the better part of a year.

Tyren: I’d like to have a look around the station too. When I was last here I didn’t get much of a chance to take a look around. I heard there was quite a good fish restaurant on the station so I’d like to try that. I don’t know what it is but replicated food just doesn’t hold the same taste to me.

Ariadust: I've never been out to DSX as a merchant pilot, so I plan to tour the promenade a bit. Update my knowledge of this area, see if I can get in touch and find out about the FTU strike. ::shrugs:: My usual new port of call stuff. Can't really do sword practice after all. Most practicing people way outmatch me. ::turns to Tyren:: Is there something wrong with it? I could take a look late...::blushes slightly:: Sorry. Old Habit. I take it you grew up on real food?

Tyren: Oh, it’s nothing against the systems we have in the Constitution, but back home not everyone had replicators so, if you didn’t want a hollow stomach, you had to cook everything fresh from what you could catch, grow, buy or barter. ::shrugging:: That kind of palette never really leaves you.

oO Yeah, thought so. I envy people like that. Oo :: Ceciri can count the amount of times she's had real food. Then again, any merchant will tell you that real food is an unnecessary expense except as a treat, since they need that cargo space for other things. ::

Phos: I'm sure I'll make some time to make sure I'm up on my work too, ::smirking slightly:: or rather on *your* work. ::seriously:: We really do need to have a meeting at some point, to hold a departmental review.

Phos: Agreed! ::smiling:: So, anyone got any juicy gossip? One does have to stay abreast after all! ::Aigle laughed::

Altair: ?

Tyren: Nothing that I’ve heard. That having been said I’ve been mostly bunkered down in the command centre for the last month so haven’t really seen much of anyone or anything.

Ariadust: There's been a recent rumor of heavy construction activity nearby. Something about a new station. I can see why they might want to, after what happened with DSX. I'm curious, but aside from an uptick of merchant traffic to this area, not enough official evidence.

Udas:  You know, that's a good point.  ::turning to look out of the windows on the opposite end of the bar.:: Have we even arrived at the station yet?  I haven't been paying the least bit of attention.

::Tyren furrowed her brow slightly.::

Tyren: I thought we already had? ::Turning to Ceciri.:: Or did I imagine that?

Ariadust: We docked some.. hour ago. I imagine they've been confirming the virus eradication, and have made no announcement due to that.

Udas:  Well I'll be damned.

oO Don't tell me, he wants real Andorian food. Oo ::Ceciri had been observing people, and she noted that people liked stations because they can get race-specific dishes fresh, not replicated. Not that she disagreed - she'd kill for some Cygnian hot spice stew, but she also knew full well that you won't get it outside the Cygnet system. ::

oO There are downsides to being from an race that keeps to itself, sometimes. Oo ::Ceciri mused to herself, watching Udas's excitement.::

Udas:  Well, everyone, I intend on getting off this ship as quickly as possible. ::he looked over and nodded at the bartender::  All of your drinks have been paid for and I've paid for an additional round for everyone, should you choose to stay here and enjoy my hospitality.

Phos: ?

Udas:  ::waving a hand::  Don't worry about it, Lieutenant.  Enjoy yourself for a bit.  I'll take a look at the reports and beginning working on whatever I need to work on, but not after I go explore the station in my never-ending hunt for good food. ::looking at the two female marine officers and nodding::  Marines

Tyren: ::nodding.:: Commander.

Altair: ?

Udas:  ::nodding:: Lieutenant Ariadust, take care.

Ariadust: You too Commander. Try not to get *too* drunk. ::holding back an internal laugh.::

Tyren: Well, I think I’ll take advantage of the Commander’s hospitality and then call it a night…it’s been quite a busy few days and I don’t want to ruin my rest time with a hangover.

::There was a shout from the gaming table as Tau had apparently won yet another game.::

Tyren: Once, of course, I’ve made sure my unit doesn’t destroy the place. ::To Altair:: Excuse me, Ma’am, everyone.

Ariadust: Good luck. I don't think Agrippina can afford to replace the tables..

Agrippina: No. I can't. And by Caesar, if you smash them I will find some way to make you pay for them.

Phos: ?

TAG/TBC

Lt. JG Ceciri Ariadust

HCO Officer